Ghost of You

I can't tell you.

Leila's POV

"...can't I tell him?" I asked the boy sitting on the edge of the dull headstone. He shook his head.
"no... at least, not yet..."

"Why not? Frank, he's your boyfriend, he deserves to know..." I stared at him in disbelief. Frank turned to me, his hazel eyes burning a hole through me almost.

"I want him to move on. He can't live in the past forever. Thats why I brought that letter to you. He needs your help." He looked up. "I heard something. I see some one. right there." he pointed straight behind me.
"...who did you see?" I looked to where he pointed as I stood up.
"Hes here Leila. Gerard is here..." He looked down and slowly faded as he sulked away, both hands shoved in his hoodie pockets.

"Hello? I know you're here Gerard!" I called out. He came out of his hiding place and scowled at me. He didn't like me that much, I could tell.

"what are you doing here..." He growled. " "Who are you and Why are you at Franks grave...and how do you know my name..." he kept asking questions.

"I'm Leila. And I don't think its illegal to visit people's graves." I frowned at him. "And I know your name, because of this." I waved the piece of paper in front of his face. He seemed to recognize it at once and his face softened.

"...Why do you have that?" He screamed at me. But no matter how angry he sounded, I knew he was breaking inside, trying to hold himself together.

"He brought it to me this morning... I don't know why. He said he... wanted me to help. Help you."

"Who is 'He' and help me with what...?" His voice lost the edge. Now it sounded more like curiosity and hurt.

"I can't say..." I frowned even more. "I wish I could... Hes hurt Gerard. He can see you, he can hear you, and he knows your in pain. But you can't see him, hear him, and you don't know that he's been here all along. Everyday that you've visited Franks grave, he's been here. Watching as you mourned, listening as you talked to the headstone like it was a real person. And that's all I can say, but if Frank was here, he wouldn't want you to be like this. He would want you to go out and live your life. Not to be stuck in the past." I said. All I wanted to do was tell him that I could see Frank... but I know Frank would be mad and Gerard would think I'm a freak. what would i tell him? That I can see dead people and communicate with them? Yeah, that would play out well. Its a gift and a curse... the curse? Sometimes all I can hear is the painful wailing of the spirits as I lay in bed at night. When I finally think I can trust someone, they run off, scared of me, thinking I'm some freak show. I just hated it...

I set the paper in his hands gently and then left silently.

As I neared the cemetery gates, I saw Frank leaning against the weeping willow marking the entrance. His hood up, his hands still in his pockets, and he smiled sadly.

"Thank you Leila... I'll let you tell him, when the time is right..." He nodded and disappeared into thin air. This was the nice thing about it. I never really, truly lost anyone. I was never alone. And now, I have Frank. He is my only friend, and hopefully, always will be.

It was starting to storm by now. This morning it was only a light sprinkle, and gradually rained harder. My mother rushed over to me the minute I walked in the door.
"Oh Leila honey! Where have you been? I have been so worried, you can't wander off like that without leaving me a note, your only 15!" she babbled. I stayed silent as I walked. "Oh sweetie... you've been talking to him again today... haven't you..." She knew about me. and Frank. And everyone I've, well, communicated with. Shes a very understanding mother, whereas my father left when I was at a very young age.

"Yeah... I have." I nodded and walked upstairs to my bedroom.

"LUNCH WILL BE READY IN A FEW MINUTES!" She shouted. It smelled kinda nice. I always loved coming home to a homemade meal. My mom is the best.