Status: Fred and Hermione, could there be a cuter couple? (layout by sworn to be free)

Post Script

In The Tent

"Hermione?"

Chocolate brown clashed with twinkling emerald as Hermione looked up; she wondered why Harry was interrupting her watch when it was the perfect opportunity for him to get caught up on his sleep.

"Harry? Shouldn't you be asleep?" Hermione let her concern take over her face and voice as she got up to take a closer look at her best friend.

"I probably should, but I'd rather talk to you about something," Harry ducked his head as if he was nervous about something.

"Harry," Hermione walked over to him and took one of his larger hands into her own small one. "Whatever it is that's bothering you, you should always know I'm here for you."

"It's just that.. how do you know that you're in love with someone?" Harry blushed and avoided Hermione's eyes as she chuckled.

"Harry! You had me incredibly worried there," Hermione grinned as she sat down and tugged on Harry's hand, signalling for him to sit down on the cold, dirt ground, too.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to worry you," looking ashamed, Harry pulled away from Hermione.

"Hey, hey. I was just kidding!" Hermione pulled him in for a hug. "Now, who's the girl that's captured your heart?"

Harry blushed and quickly looked away. "Well, it's.. it's.. Ginny."

"Harry, that's wonderful! I know she loves you, too," she frowned as she saw Harry shaking his head. "What's wrong?"

"I left her. That's the problem, Hermione. I left her. Why would she want to go out with me after I just left her?" Harry quickly wiped away a stray tear as he refused to meet Hermione's eyes.

"Harry, look at me. Look at me," Hermione grabbed his chin and lifted his head up so that their eyes met. "She understands why you left her. She knows that it's only because you love her. Don't worry."

When Harry saw the sincerity in Hermione's eyes, he realized that she was right.

"Hermione, you're the best friend anyone could have. I'm really lucky to have you," with that, Harry pecked Hermione on the cheek. "Now, since it was Christmas a few days ago and we didn't do anything because of that gigantic, ugly snake, we are going to have some fun right now. Come on, come on, get into the tent. I mean it."

Hermione got up, warily. She slowly walked into the tent, zipping up the flaps after Harry got inside, too. As she walked over to the fireplace, she turned to Harry. "What do you mean.. 'fun', Harry?"

Harry just grinned as he walked over to the spare bed that they used as a storage. He rummaged through it until he found what he was looking for. He hid it behind his back as he walked over to Hermione. "Well, I think it's time we had a little.. party. What do you think?"

When he set the object he was holding onto the table, Hermione burst into laughter. It was a shrunked down record player that already had a record in it. Hermione tapped it with her wand twice which caused it to return to its original size.

When the music started up, Harry grabbed her hands and started dancing her around the tent.

After one or two songs, Harry decided that he wanted to sing along.

Help, I need somebody
Help, not just anybody
Help, you know I need someone, help


Hermione giggled as Harry spun her around several times, before she too joined him in singing.

When I was younger so much younger than today,
I never needed anybody's help in any way.
But now these days are gone, I'm not so self assured
Now I find I've changed my mind and opened up the doors


As the song died out, the tent filled with the laughter of two best friends. Two siblings. Two people who would stand by each other, no matter what happened.

The opening notes to another song started, but when Hermione heard the song, her eyes filled with tears.

Oh yeah, I'll tell you something
I think you'll understand
When I'll say that something
I wanna hold your hand
I wanna hold your hand
I wanna hold your hand


Harry made his way over to the record player to turn it off before he hurried back over to where Hermione had sat down on the floor. He took the sad girl into his arms and let her cry as he rubbed her back. He regretted it. He regretted ever asking for her help, because if he hadn't asked her for help, she would be with her love and they would be laughing right now, having the time of their lives.

As much as Harry wanted to blame himself, however, there was a part of him that knew it wasn't his fault at all. Hermione would've followed him, no matter what. She was that kind of person. She cared about him too much. There was no way she would've let Harry go off on the Horcrux hunt all on his own.

Knowing that it was no use to blame anyone, Harry just comforted the distressed girl as she held on to the gorgeous, silver ring that she always wore on a chain. The ring that Fred had given to her as a promise. A promise that they would be together again and that they would love each other for infinity and beyond. They were each other's forever and always.

****


Dear 'Mione,
I miss you too much. I didn't know it was possible to love anyone this much until I met you. I love you and after this war is over and done with, I hope I can show you how much. Right now, this notebook is my lifeline. It's the only way I get to talk to you and it's the only thing keeping me going. I love you. I can never say it enough. How are you holding up? How's Harry doing? Ron? I spent all of Christmas in bed, looking through our pictures. I can still remember that day. Christmas Day. I remember running after you. It was all because of Ron and I still haven't thanked him enough. He knew how much I was in love with you and that's why he didn't want you going with Viktor. I owe him so much. I remember singing to you and kissing you under the mistletoe. That was the best night of my life.

Do you carry your ring with you? The one I gave you the night of Bill and Fleur's wedding? I have mine on a chain around my neck, just like I knew you would wear it. If you look closely enough on the inside, it'll say 'in aeternum et semper' with a small infinity sign. That means forever and always. I hope you know that's how long I will love you. Forever and always. I love you. Can you believe it? It's been three years. It seems like so much longer. I knew you were perfect for me. I love you and George says that he loves and misses you, too.

Crookshanks misses you. George still insists he's the devil in cat form, but I think that's only because he scratched up George's blankets and slippers. He's warmed up to me, though. We've bonded over our love for the most magnificent being in this universe. You.

I love you. Stay safe and take care of Ron and Harry for me.

Fred

P. S. I want to hold your hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M SORRY. DON'T SHOOT ME. I KNOW YOU MUST HATE ME RIGHT NOW!!! I'M SOO SORRY!!

This chapter goes out to Jess and Anna. Thank you guys so much for all of the love and support. I know I'm not the nicest but you guys always put up with me and thank you for that. I love you guys soo much!!

I want more comments. I'll be finishing this story soon, only about 17 chapters left, but I want feedback.