C'est de l'amour

Ariel

The sun was setting early at the Cape where so many adolescents stayed for the summer. There were white sands at the beaches which intrigued so many people, and the piers had roller coasters and ferris wheels that was the main attraction. Not only was the Cape for having fun, but it was also where most of the fashion of the decades originated from. It wasn't hard for the majority of the citizens to adapt to, and this included a very popular young lady that went by the name of Ariel.

Ariel loved the ocean and most importantly the sartorial of the older, inspirational figures. She grew off of the performances of the dancers and singers that were always at the piers at night. Her friends never really cared much about it, but for her, it had aspired into a passion of hers. So, it wasn't any surprise that when she joined choir she had gotten a solo performance to sing her heart out.

On many occasions, Ariel and her infamous clique stole all of the attention from the acts that were performed only in the evening at the piers. Because they were so loud and famous, you could even say, everyone always wanted to at least put in a wisdom or two before the group left to get their beauty sleep.

The young, red-head, Ariel, was declared leader of this posse, but she never obliged to actually saying she was. Most of the time she just laughed along with her friends, but never had she actually brought up the rebellious motives that they had acted upon so frequently. Tonight, even, they were supposed to egg the trailers where most of the circus performers slept... and as usual, Ariel had nothing to do with it. She merely just stayed watching the blazing red skirts of the dancers glow in the night and their angelic voices infusing the air with such happiness.

"Dolly, what are you doing here all by yourself? Aren't you coming along for the party?" asked a very rich blonde girl that went by the name of Donna. Ariel delayed her eye contact with the girl until the dancers bowed down to the clapping of the audience.

"I'm actually not going to join you guys tonight. I promised my dad I would be there to help put the boat back in its shed." the red-head turned to leave when Donna gripped harshly onto her arm. There was a glazed look over the blonde's eyes and a sloppy smile which immediately signaled to Ariel that she was drunk.

"Oh, come on!" she began slurring. "Haven't you heard that the greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you shouldn't do? Forget what your pa says and come with us. It'll be the best prank yet!"

Smiling politely at the blonde, Ariel pondered her options and for a drunk, she thought, she actually made a point. Besides, if she was still to have any friends left, she needed to keep her ego escalating and going home to her pa would ruin her chances at happiness.

"Alright... I'll go."

The two teenagers ran off into the darkness and tall grass until they arrived at a dimly lit fair grounds where many trashy trailers sat. The foul stench in the air never bothered them and it was only to get worse with the raw egg yolks soon to be splattered on the houses.

"There's my girl," laughed the tall brunette that was head of the football team. He wrapped his arms around Ariel and swung her around in his arms. "I thought you were going to weasel out of this one too, like a pathetic coward!... but I knew my girl would stay tough, right?"

The small smile on the red-head's face wasn't of confidence and joy, but of sympathy for the circus performers that were awaiting to see the disaster. As if their lives weren't troubled enough, she thought.

But this was how a normal day in the Cape happened for the young girl, Ariel. It was sadistic and contained the excitement that every teen desired for, but that would soon enough change with the experiences of a new year of high school just around the corner.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just the typical day of Ariel- the beginning of it all so that you can get the jest of her. c:

Our Prince Eric will arrive very soon, so be sure to keep up with the story :)

xoxo