Status: This is just an idea but let me know what you think.

Camp Rock-Star

Bye Bye Dreams.

Imogen:

I take a breath and look around, I'm in a small theater in NYC, but it looks the same as any other even though it is on Broadway this small excuse for a theater is only used for independent performances and auditions. Today it was the auditions for Les Miserables, I have been in a dozen seasons of Les Mis' since I was six, I had played everyone from Cossette (young and older), Eponine (young and Older) and even been a stand in for Fantine, despite my blond hair and too young appearance.
I was auditioning for Eponine (Older) today, I had my song learnt by heart. As they called my name I took another breath and stepped out on to the stage where a large follow spot blinded me, I was unfazed unlike the new girl who went before me.
I announce myself as Imogen Cody and I say the title of my song, a heart full of love, from Les Mis' and when I'm on the mark I don't just sing I act the part, as I wait for the accompanist to start my part, I hear him sing effortlessly, after I do my first part a girl sitting next to him joins in singing Cossette, at the end I step forward and shake off the character as if it was a jacket.

The accompanist and Cossette clap, but the director shakes his head and says "NEXT."
I stand there gobsmacked. The accompanist gets up and shouts "What! Rob she was brilliant," the follow spot suddenly jerks lighting him up, no wonder he sung effortlessly he has played Marcus a many time on Broadway when I was in the chorus - Nate Grey one member of the famous pop group Connect 3. I had gone to The Camp Rock summer camp the year Connect 3 became a band, I was 12 and they where only 10, 14 and 15. The brother's Grey they had been called originally.

"She is too good, Nate she is no Samantha Barks!" shouted the director he emphasized good as if it was a piece of dog shit. I stormed off.

I was sick off this, I had now officially out grown the roles I could get, I give up! I'm going to do as my parents said and become an accountant like them and my brother.

As I'm throwing on my coat and leaving I feel a tap on my shoulder, "Immy C?" someone called me by my nickname, I turn and it appears to be Nate, "I understand how crushed you are, I was wondering if you wanted to help teach at Camp this year? I know its been 10 years but we have merged with a rival camp and now have a recording studio and much more..." he mutters on for 10 more seconds and I nod, why not one last hurrah in my performance career. I take the details and say I'm in then I go shopping for essential holiday wears.