Status: This is just an idea but let me know what you think.

Camp Rock-Star

A new boost

Lucas Gordon:

I was running around frantic trying to find the ringing phone playing Les Miserables' empty chairs at tables announcing Nate's call, I find it as it rings off on "voices ringing". I ring him back and smile as I hear him arguing with someone, probably that dick of a director, all last night Nate was fuming, he said he turned down an actress/singer who was perfect for the role because the guy playing the role he once played was 4 years younger than the audtionee.
He smiled when he told me that he managed to get the girl to teach singing at Camp Rock-Star this summer as she was a camper when she was a kid. Wow this girl must be good if Nate thought she could teach.

I sat with my guitar and strummed along with a song I was listening to on a demo my boss had given a few of us musicians to listen to as the performer wanted to see if anyone would let her back track or collaborate with them, He suggested I listened to her acoustic tracks and practiced any I thought we could do together, as most of his other acts had said she looked too squeaky clean and naive but her voice wasn't 'pop' enough for the tween market, so she removed her cover image , I thought she sounded beautiful, I listened to a song titled 'Don't Forget' I was in love, it was sweet, harrowing and deep.
I wished that I could write with the same depth. I sung it but even though I could emulate the emotion I couldn't hit it perfect.
I listened to her next one and sighed, I just wanted to hug this girl, the song I heard next was called 'tied together with a smile' - she seemed confident but it was as if she had been kicked down a few times.

I finished playing this and smiled as I hear the door go, I buzz my guests up.

Nate walks in laughing with his fellow connect 3 brother, Shane. "Shane she is Mitchie good," he smiles reminding Shane of his long distance girlfriend Mitchie who hit it big after going to Camp Rock-Star four / five years previous. Shane had hinted at proposing to Mitchie, but Mitchie said that she was barely 20 and wanted to tour for a few years.

"Oooh, Nate are you crushing on Immy? What do I tell Dana?" teased Shane.

"Shane, I don't have a crush on Immy, its just nice to know she didn't waste her voice after how she was treated at camp. I know we were only ten and twelve, but I still feel bad." he sighed.

"Why? what happened?" I asked

Shane let out a low awkward sigh, "It was the week before the Final Jam, a large end of camp show, Connect 3 were performing for the first time. Immy, had been the best all the way through camp, she even helped the younger ones, she had been promised the duet with the surprise judge, Orin Thornton. We had decided to perform an Orin Thornton song and Orin heard us rehearsing and chose us three to duet with him instead."

"That doesn't seem to bad, Orin was just a prat..." I stuttered off as Nate finished Shane's story.

"When Claudette Griever heard that Immy had been cast aside she knowing this was her chance to sing up front, kicked Immy when she was down by kissing her boyfriend Noel. Immy and Noel broke up. Immy then got really upset and jumped into the lake, luckily Jason saw her and managed to dive in and save her. Supposedly for the whole next year she was seeing a therapist and was never allowed to leave home again, which I suppose wasn't completely true as she was in Les Mis as a choir member every summer after, until she was 14 and played a young Cossette." smiled Nate.

"Wow, she got that down... that easily?" I said shocked that a young girl could want to die over something that was probably very trivial at the time.

"Yeah, we never understood it either, people speculated that she was already depressed or that it was because Noel was 14; it was rumored he might have tried something... nobody knows." Nate sighed, "She's coming back now and seems really good, though I would keep a small eye on her its only been 10 years."

I nodded. I picked up my packed up case and filled the rest of my clothes in a rucksack and my guitar and sheet music in my guitar case. I was ready to go. I gave my stuff to the guys who carried it downstairs, I started to throw my laptop and accessories in my laptop rucksack and I was about to set the alarm as I grabbed Singer 14's CD and smiled as I set the alarm and locked the door.

Next stop Camp Rock-Star. We had to get a plane to the nearest airport and then a limo, paid for by Nate we where arriving after the main registration, due to us dropping Shane in Colorado to see Mitchie.
As we arrived I was in shock there was at least two hundred children.

There was a blond haired woman of about 22, standing away from the crowd near a tree on the opposite side of the limo. She was wearing a white top and jeans, matching 5 children surrounding her, she was handing the sixth a white top, they where the only group not running wild. She was telling them about something that was engrossing them.
Nate realised I was looking and laughed, "Immy, was always good with the kids." He said pointing at the Woman.

So she was the elusive, once depressive, Immy.