Status: This is just an idea but let me know what you think.

Camp Rock-Star

Having a Splash!

I sit in the circle of logs on the other-side other Councillors are chatting with Claudette. I exclude myself. When everyone is here including Lucas and Nate, Uncle Brown starts to strum as everyone introduces themselves, suddenly when it gets to me before I can say a word nearly all the Councillors start to sing whinny the pooh. I laugh it off and smile, I announce myself and when they go to the next person, I give Lucas evils, he shrugs and mouths "not me." I then look at Claudette who is smiling. I get up and decide to leave I walk towards the Cabins the long way so I don't have to cross the circle, I walk past the jetty and look up at the string from the old tire swing and laugh slightly at how much trouble swinging from it without supervision caused me even today.

That day, I was upset and slightly depressed, I wouldn't have killed myself though. I had swung slightly to hard and it broke off and tipped me upside down as it landed in the water, everyone got the wrong idea and thought I was using it to push myself under the water.
I had a year of shrinks and my mum refused to let me out of her sight. I had taken up watching operas in my room, that is when I first heard the drums of LesMis call my name.

I decide to sit and just kick my feet in the freezing water.
It's been a long day, I sigh.

Then I hear a panted run and see the outline of one of the male Councillors, I stand up as fast as possible thinking crap the girls!

As I stand I slip on a wet discarded rubber arm band and plunge head first into the cold moonlit water. I start to swim upwards as someone grabs my waist and starts life guarding me to the shore, I kick out of his grip when I am touching the floor.

"What the hell, I can swim!" I shout as I turn to meet my saviors eyes and see its Lucas.

"I didn't know it was you for definite. I just had to make sure it wasn't a kid." He snapped back.

"I'm sorry. Thank you again." I hug him and the start to walk out of the icy water. I wait for him and he is shivering too. "We better check on the kids." I smiled.

As we walked towards the cabins I took a deep breath, and told my side of the story from that summer, I think he could be the only person to believe me.

"So the tire swing broke..." he laughed "Then you had to see a shrink?" he pulled a face.

"Yup. I was the only 12 yearold with a person to talk to - 'A SPECIAL FRIEND WHO CAN KEEP SAFE SECRETS!' is what my parents called her, Doctor Fran." I smiled.

"I like that 'SAFE SECRETS' tell her what you want and then they will tell your parents if they think your depressed." he laughed, I give him a mocked scorned look, "I had one you know." he says flippantly scratching his head, I put my hand on his shoulder and he carries on, "When my dad died, my mum thought I needed to see a child psychologist. I had Harvey and FITZ - the puppet. I was 13!, and not impressed."

I laughed and said "Well this is my cabin, thanks for fixing the window," I smile. "See you in the morning." he smiles and walks off.

I smile. Tomorrow will be fun, the first challenge for my cabin. I check the girls and go to bed smiling. Starting tomorrow I have to prove to myself that singing is my dream, I really don't like maths.