‹ Prequel: A Glitch in Time
Status: On Hiatus

This Means War

Chapter 10

King Edgar~

I couldn't believe it! I sent my men to bring me back the Queen, and they have failed me. How could I have been so blind to know that they wouldn't succeed?

A heavy sigh escaped my lips, as I roamed around my throne room, keeping my hard glare at the two men, who were both busy shivering in fright of what I might do to them. "I had you both in charge, and told you exactly what to do, what do you have to say for yourselves?!" I then asked, standing still, glaring at the two in rage of my plan, which had failed miserably. The Queen would have to pay up some day, but for now, I will only have distractions until I get my men prepared for battle, just in case she decides to say no.

One of the men, who wore a green mark on his forehead decided to speak up first, "We have followed your orders from start to finish, your majesty...but we-"

"No buts Carlson!" I said, interrupting him, as I placed my face in his, my red eyes burning into his bright green ones, "I sent you to do one simple thing! And this is the payment I get!?"

Carlson shrunk under my gaze, as he tried to bring up some excuse for his mistake, but I held my hand, as I stood back up to my original height, "Enough! I won't hear another word, leave me, I will deal with you later..."

The two men scrambled to their feet, and ran out as the double doors creaked open, just to reveal one of my men who I had sent as a spy to give me any information on what is going on in the palace of Queen Glitch. "Well? What news do you bring me?"

The man gave a raised eyebrow of question, as he watched the two cowards run through the door like scaredy-cats, before he bowed towards me "They have repaired the damage to the castle, and are planning another ball for tomorrow night's evening." he explained, as I now took in his appearance, and saw that he wore long purple robes, a sword on his waist, along with a dagger. His long blonde hair was tied back into a neat ponytail, his skin pale as the moon, which was graced by a few wounds here and there. He wore a grim expression, as he answered my question.

I was sitting on my throne now, as he spoke, my hand stroking my long dark beard, as my pet crow came and landed on my shoulder, in which I gave a smirk to, "You don't say? Another ball, eh? Hmm..."

My smirk grew, as a plan began to form in my mind, "I see, thank you for the update, Gregor...I'll let you know if I need anything else."

Gregor bowed once again, before standing and leaving the room, as I stroked my pet's feathers in thought, "Now, what would be a good distraction for my nemesis?"

~~

Glitch~

I didn't think that after what happened at the ball, my life would get a bit more complicated then what it already has been. George was told to go out to get some more recruits for the guards, just in case another incident like an ambush happened again.

And here I was, sitting in my room on the balcony, waiting for his return. I was sure that the ambush was all part of the Marsopians plan, to capture me. I sighed heavily at the thought, before looking away from the scenery before me of forest trees, and the villages below.

Charlie then walked into the room to see how I was doing, "Would you like something to eat, your majesty?" she asked, showing me a kind smile, as she crew the curtains closed, and helped me back to bed.

I gave her a soft smile, as I saw that she was worried about me, so I decided on eating a bit of stewed meat and potatoes. With a small nod, Charlie soon left the room to get my food ready.

I was glad that I at least had some others to depend on when I was in a vulnerable state, not that I liked it very much. I loved doing things by myself, but if my parents wanted me to rest, then that is what I should do.

It wasn't long before my mother came walking in, followed by the Royal Physichian. I gave them both a raised eyebrow, as they both sat down by the bed. My mother was the first to speak, her voice gentle and soft "Hun, Moral wants to check you out a bit, before you drop off to sleep."

I raised an eyebrow at her, wondering why she was telling me this, before Moral cleared his throat, and began to speak up, "It is true of what her majesty says, I must take some more tests, just to be on the safe side. Since it has only been a few months, I would like to make a scan of the infant, that way we can determine the gender, just in case you're wondering, Princess."

I nodded with the explanation, and smiled too, I always wondered what the gender of the baby would be, and I also began to worry if the baby came out as an agreement to me and George, "Alright then, I don't mind, I admit that I am curious as well."

Moral nodded, as he placed his bag on the bed, which I had now recognized he had, and as usual, his white coat to give off a sign of who or what he was. My mother stood up to give the Physician room, before she then ran out of the room to check on some other things.

"Now, let's see..." Moral started, as I watched him take out a small monitor, and place it on my warm stomach...
♠ ♠ ♠
Omg! College has got me started, and I can't believe I had forgotten about this story. Please don't hate me for being so far behind! I hope you like the new updates! I'll be dealing with this story for the past months to come ^_^

Comment, and let me know what you think!? Please?