‹ Prequel: A Glitch in Time
Status: On Hiatus

This Means War

Chapter 11

George~

I traveled along the forest trail, in search of more men to help with the security of the castle. Of course, this was King Stephen's idea, and I sure have agreed to it. I was wearing my long red robes and cloak, along with a my lightning sword and crown, hey, a king has to look decent, especially in important matter such as this.

Anyways, continuing, I had a few guards with me, just in case we were ambushed again. Our stallions rode swiftly through the dark forest, as the sun started to set in the sky. I knew that we wouldn't have enough time, so we had to act quickly. I have heard stories of men living out here in the forest looking for work to do, I also know of a good friend of mine who has known the forest and woods all his life, I do hope he is expecting my arrival, since I would definitely need his help.

Somewhere in the forest 3rd POV~

“Alexei, get yourself down here right now!” yelled a males' voice, which had the tone of anger, as a young frail looking young boy ran down the staircase of the wooden house or cabin, “Yes, father, I'm here, I was just...”

“Don't give me anymore excuses lad,” the older male said, his eyebrows in a wrinkle on his forehead, as he stared at his boy with worry.

“What's the matter, father?” the young boy asked, his golden eyes resting upon his old father, who seemed to be deep in thought at the moment.

Silence fell between them, as the boy took his seat in front of the fireplace with his father sitting next to him on a soft cushion his wife had made him not too long ago. Dark brown hair sat on the boy's head, along with a set of golden eyes which held the curiosity and kindness of a smart young gentlemen. The boy's skin, as everyone else' was pale, and he wore dark green and brown suits that kept himself hidden while he went out hunting with his father, and what he got from his father as, 'a protection for the body.'

The outfit only consisted of, a shirt with long sleeves, and strings attached to the collar with a few buttons, green tights that hugged his legs perfectly, showing off the bit of muscle they had, and a pair of soft cushion shoes, that made you feel as though you were flying on air, no matter if you were running or walking.

The boy looked up as he watched his father sigh heavily, and frowned as he wondered why his father asked him to come down from his work room, in which he was in the middle of building a new desk for his school work.

Before he could ask the question again, his father smiled at him softly, his dark eyes gazing into those gold ones, “You know, after all these years, I thought I had taught you a thing or two, lad...”

Alexei raised an eyebrow in confusion, and said, “But father, you have taught me a lot down through the years, what is so important that you haven't told me?”

Adrian looked at his son with a small frown, and had to think about what he was going to tell him, but before he could get a word out, a bang on the door startled them both, making Alexei run upstairs for the bow and arrows, as his father walked up to the door to see who it was, “Yes?”

George~

We made it to the wooden house or cabin, whichever you can call it, its exterior still looked like a small cottage from the outside, but knew that it was more than what it looked like. The garden was still in good shape, and so was the birdbath that still stood proudly, although no birds occupied it at this time.

I climbed off of my stallion, and told the guards to stand watch while I walked up to the doors of my old friend, I hope he's here and not out hunting, although that would be something he'd like to do during the time, but this time was urgent.

I gave the lovely carved door a good tapping, before I heard the sound of shuffling feet, and a small thump. I waited there for a few minutes, before the door opened, revealing a long white haired gentlemen with dark eyes, his expression unreadable, as he said in a soft gentle voice, “Yes?”

I smiled at him, and then said, “Think you can let an old friend in? It's urgent.”

A smile appeared on the man's face, before he had the door opened immediately, as he whispered, “Of course, your majesty...”

As I walked in, I took another look at the guards to see that they were keeping watch, in which they all nodded, before the door was closed behind me. I scanned the area, in the first room would appear to be two rooms put into one, kitchen was on the left, and the sitting room was on the right, both of them looking fashionable expensive and clean.

I nodded my approval, before walking around to the other large rooms, until I made it to the family room, which had a set of tea and crumpets sitting on the reading table, and two comfy chairs sitting in front of the fireplace. I now realized how exhausted I was from the ride, and decided to take a seat, once I gave the old man a raised eyebrow, and smiled, once he gave a small nod for me to take a seat.

As he latched the door, he called in his son, Alexei, which I had almost forgotten lived here as well. I knew that the last time things were a bit different between the two, since the boy was an orphan, and needed someone to look after him, and well, my old friend decided to take him in, which I was appreciated for..poor lad.

My green eyes surveyed the family room, which hung with portraits of the past life and family that my old friend used to have, I did feel sorry for his wife, Celia, who had passed away a good 50 years ago, it seems so strange seeing her picture hung up on the wall, and the all too-familiar smile she always wore.

But, besides that, my attention went back to the two who now stood in the doorway, both staring at me with their own expressions, which I could easily read. As they both walked in a little further, Alexei stood in front of me, and reached out a hand for me to shake. I gave him a smile, and shook it, “How good it is to see you again, Alex, how has your father been treating you?”

“Very good sir, your majesty...I am so grateful to you always for allowing Adrian to take me in...” the boy started off, which I held up a hand and gave his hand a pat, before I let him go, sending a smile towards Adrian, who now had taken a seat across from me, his eyes set on the fireplace instead.

“Alexei, go outside, and have a talk with the guards, they might need the company,” I said towards the boy, who gave me a cheeky grin, his golden eyes glinting before he left the room, bowing of course, and then ran outside, closing the door behind him with a soft bang.

My attention then turned towards Adrian, who had not yet spoken to me the whole time I sat here. I opened my mouth to say something, but he beat me to it, “I know why you're here, and before you get into any explanations, I want to congratulate you on your pregnancy.”

“Oh yes, thank you..” I said, with a clear of my throat, before giving him a half smile, “Actually, that's...”

“It's the reason why you came over to talk about isn't it?” He asked, his eyes now diverting over to mine, which held a seriousness that made my funny remarks escape my thoughts, I could tell he meant business, and so did I.

“Right...well...” my answer was cut off short by his hand, and I raised an eyebrow at him, “What is it?”

“You know what my answer is going to be, can't you see I have more than enough worry to deal with?” his voice was serious and I could tell I might not get enough out of him like I had planned.

“No, you don't understand, before you go into conclusions, I must tell you what I need from you, alright?” I said, a seriousness of my own, as I frowned at him in thought, in which he only gave me a small shrug and a half-smile.

“Look, we've known each other for centuries, and I need your help with one thing: Do you have anymore men that I might be able to recruit for the army, since we're running low? Oh, and have you heard of the ambush that happened last night?” I paused, so I may get an answer from the man, who now stood still, his eyes closed, as his expression showed a bit of remorse.

“Yes, I do have some more men that may be available for your recruit, and far as the news with the castle, I do apologize for it, although it isn't entirely my fault. How is her majesty, is she getting along nicely with you? I know that after the day of your wedding, things seemed to have changed between the two of you...” He gave me that half-smile again, thinking of the wedding day, and what it brought.

I had to chuckle a little at the thought, it has been nearly 10 years since our marriage, and I'm about to become a father, maybe I can get some tips from Adrian, as he his my best bud, and we still dabble from time to time, but now this wasn't the time for playing match games. “Yes, she's doing well, a bit in pain, but is doable, and sure has been a handful since she has a mind of her own, you know?”

Adrian nodded, as he kept his eyes on my every move and sound, “You will find my men a few paths down the road, and be mindful of the witch that lives down there, she tends to be a handful as well.”

Oh right! I had almost forgotten about Garthia, the old witch who was exiled from the kingdom because of trying to poison the Queen, not Glitch, her mother not too long before Glitch was born. I couldn't believe she was still living, and after all this time, and what has happened. I wouldn't depend on her if it was the chance I had in this world. I gave heed to what Adrian told me, and nodded, before standing, “Well, I better be off now, it was nice seeing you again Adrian, and I hope that boy of yours finds his place in the world.”

To that comment, Adrian could only chuckle, before standing as well, and padded towards the door, unlocking the latch, and allowing me to step outside, “Come by any time, I wouldn't mind if dabble a bit about the old days, and have a bit of fun.”

To this information, I had to laugh with amusement, before patting the man on his shoulder lightly, “Alright, I'll take that as an invitation, but stay strong my man, I hope the best for you.”

He then dismissed me with a hand, before calling his boy back inside to finish a few chores, as I climbed back onto my stallion, and ordered for my men to follow after me. And off we rode to find ourselves some new recruits.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think, y'all at least were introduced to some new characters? I hope you like it! ^_^

Comments anyone? xD