‹ Prequel: A Glitch in Time
Status: On Hiatus

This Means War

Chapter 12

Glitch~

Here I am, sitting in a bubble bath, and George have not come back yet; I do wonder what that man does on his way through the village that would take him so long to come back home. I miss him so much. A skilled finger drew an image of my husband out of water droplets, as it wavered and smiled, which made me smile back. I loved him so much, and if anything was to happen to him, I don't know what I'd with out him.

A small tapping on the door caused me to come out of my thought bubble, as I looked towards the door in alert, before answering with a startled voice, “Hello? Who's there?”

The door then opened, revealing a tired and exhausted George. His hair was disheveled, and his clothes were worn, as I had seen, while he walked in, running a tired hand through his hair. I knew it was very late, and I couldn't help stifling a giggle at his appearance.

“Ha ha ha, very funny,” he then said in a tired voice, a small smirk playing on his lips, as he walked up to the tub, grabbing my head, and pulling his lips towards mine. I simply replied to it quickly, our lips moving in sync as they fit perfectly, I didn't think I felt the baby kick so hard in my life, he or she must be really excited.

I placed George's hand on my stomach, so he can get a feel of what was going on, before he pulled away, chuckling lightly, “It seems excited...so how have you been today, my love?”

I gave him a pouted expression, making him chuckle again, as I answered his question, “Eh, it was alright, just a bit of resting here and there, I did manage to escape the castle a bit, and get some air outside in the garden...”

At that statement, a worried frown made its way onto George's face, before he shook his head, “You know how I feel about you leaving the castle hun, especially when I'm not around, who knows what could have happened to you?”

I only rolled my eyes, and gave him a hurt expression, “Listen, I hear the same thing repeatedly, and its getting old, you know? I can take care of myself, you know that...”

He took my hand in his, before kissing it lightly, and smiling at me while staring into my eyes with his green ones, “I know you might think that you can take care of yourself, but love, I'm only trying to protect you...”

“By locking me up, as if I'm in a prison?” I asked, giving him a hard glare, as it was his turn to roll his eyes now, and sigh heavily.

“You know what I mean, love, I don't have the energy to fight you,” he said finally after a few seconds of silence.

I nodded, and asked out of curiosity, “Alright, you do look tired...how did the ride go? Any news?”

George smiled, glad to have another subject to talk about, “Actually yes....we were able to bring back at least a 100 men for the taking, and they all have a lot of battle spirit, I'll give them that, but we'll start training by tomorrow, and hopefully they'll be ready within a few weeks or so.”

I gave him a bright smile, and kissed him back deeply, “Hun, that's wonderful! I hope things go well for us this year...and many more...”

George sighed, and said, “Yes, me too love...but right now, you have to get out of the cold water, before you catch the flu. I'll get you a towel.”

I noticed that he was right, even though he didn't feel the temperature of the water, it was indeed cold, and I had to admit that I wasn't feeling the best sitting cold water. After he returned with a towel, I was soon wrapped, and then carried to the bed, where a nightgown lay just for me, and I'm pretty sure he picked it out for me.

After I was dried and dressed into my nightgown, I watched George run into the bathroom to take a quick shower. 20 minutes later, he was sitting on the bed in his royal pj's, smiling at me, as he finished buttoning his shirt up, “I thought you'd be asleep by now, love?”

I couldn't help smiling, “Oh, you know that I would wait for you, George, especially now since I'm glad that you're back.”

He then was laying down next to me, cuddling me, as he pulled me towards him, before kissing me softly, “I love you Glitch, but I wouldn't want you risking your rest just for little 'o me.”

I laughed softly at that statement, before snuggling up towards him after responding to his kiss, “Alright, no more chit chat, let's get to sleep.”

“I wouldn't have liked it any other way, my love,” George said, kissing my cheek, before the candles that were lit around the room blew out in a single snap, and we were both falling off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one was a bit short, but its all I'll be updating for today, good night everyone! Three updates in a row was a big job for me, since I was mostly busy with other things! Oh, and we also got alot of snow over here, its snowing like crazy! >.<

Leave a comment! Thanks! ^_~