‹ Prequel: A Glitch in Time
Status: On Hiatus

This Means War

Chapter 14

“So, have you made your choice yet?” asked my mother, who was busy knitting some mittens for the baby, while sitting in a chair beside the bed of which I rested in.

I watched her knit with interest, making me want to get a few spools, and work on something myself, though the question she had asked me, made me think otherwise. “I’m still thinking...” I replied, frowning deeply, wondering if I’ll ever get a chance to figure out what I should do.

“I most definitely do not want to go to war, but then I don’t want to give up my child either...” I spoke my thoughts, my eyes staring through my mother, and out the window that sat behind her.

“From what your husband has told me, this morning, I’d say make a decision the best you can. If I were in your shoes, I probably would be miffed too, though we don’t want war, and I wouldn’t have wanted to lose you...” My mother said, looking up from her knitting to stare at me, with a few tears brushing past her eyelids.

I can tell she still regretted, she still regretting losing me those many years ago. I sighed deeply, and sat up from the bed, wanting to give my mother a hug, though she refused for me to stand up. “I know you feel regretful mom, but you did the best you could do. I mean, I don’t want the same repeat of my life. So, I’ll have to think about it a bit more.”

My long hair seemed to have come to life, and wrapped around my mother’s body, making her gasp in surprise, before it pulled her closely to me, so I could hug her gently. She hugged me back, before adding a kiss to my cheeks. I loved her dearly, and wouldn’t know what I would do without her.

“Don’t worry, mom, I’ll do all I can to make things right. There won’t be another repeat...” I kissed her cheek in a loving manner, and we soon let each other go, staring into one another’s eyes, knowing just how both of us felt.

“Alright, Glitch...whatever decision you make, I’ll go along with it.” She brushed a few strands of hair away from my eyes, and smiled lovingly, “I trust you...”

I smiled as well, and hugged her again, before letting her go. She picked up her knitting needles, and the mitten gloves she was still working on, and decided she’ll leave me alone for a bit, so I can think about this.

~Somewhere in King Edgar's Castle~

"It seems the nightmares aren't getting through to her Majesty, Queen Glitch. She still has yet to answer to my request, or face the consequences..."

I spoke to my trusted warrior, who only watched me pave about the room for hundredth time.

"Perhaps the nightmares aren't much of a threat, your Excellency..." Said Gregor, with his strong arms folded, and his eyes hidden by his long blonde hair.

I walked up to him, glaring at him in thought, before asking, "And what do you say I should do, Gregor? Wait another ten years for her to give up? She would have already had the child."

Gregor sighed heavily, only to look me in the eyes, with his steel cold blue ones, "May I ask why you would want the child in the first place?"

I stood back a bit, stroking my dark beard at the question, "I'm going to use the child as bait, to get the Queen to give her Kingdom to me."

"But then, if she refuses, what will you do?" Gregor soon asked, curiosity in his voice.

I continued to pace along the massive throne room, with a thoughtful frown on my face, as I heard Gregor's question. "Things just aren't working out as I have planned, and seeing that the Queen hasn't given an answer, then I will give her a fight. If she refuses, that is, but if she surrenders, things will become much more easier for me. I will soon be the ruler of Startopia, and you, Gregor, will work beside me, as my trusted adviser." I patted his shoulder lightly, while giving him an evil grin.

"Now go, and wreak havoc among those Startopians, while I plan for war." I demanded, rubbing my beard with a smirk, as my thoughts began to race.

Gregor bowed lowly to his Master, and gave a light chuckle, "It will be my pleasure, m'lord," and was soon off to do my bidding.

~~

“Your decision, my dear...what is it?” asked George, who had come back home from training the soldiers for war, just in case it were to happen.

I stared up at him, while he held my hand, feeling worried, as sweat rolled down my face. I was feeling pretty hot, not sick, just feeling some pain here and there. It was like having a stomach ache, or brain freeze after eating something cold, or drinking something too hot.

I closed my eyes tightly, while my head started to ache. His question made me sigh heavily, as that was all I was thinking about, and on the verge of that, trying to keep myself calm, as the pain had worsened. “My decision?” I suddenly asked, before sighing some more, “I’ll keep the child. If we go to war, then so be it. We can win these Marsopians over.”

“Are you sure that’s what you want to do?” George soon asked, rubbing his thumb over my knuckles, as he tried to help with the pain. I watched, as his eyes glowed a light green, working his magic.

I nodded slowly, giving him a weak smile, “Yes. I’m sure. By the time I go to sleep, I’ll let you know, if he shows up again.”

George gave a soft nod, before kissing my forehead, “Everything will be fine, love. Don’t worry, I’ll be right here.”

As the pain soon started to subside, I gave him another nod and weak smile, before slowly dropping off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, this was probably harder to write, since I wasn't sure myself of what she should do. Anyways, here's another update, I hope y'all like it.

I'll be putting up Chapter 15 probably in a few days hence.