‹ Prequel: A Glitch in Time
Status: On Hiatus

This Means War

Chapter 15

I was flying through the air on a pegasus, with the wind flowing through my long golden brown hair. The pegasus I was riding, was a white one, with red mane and tail, mixed in with some orange; while her eyes were a flash of green. She was mine, and her name was Marie. We decided to go out on a small flight, and yes, I was still pregnant.

So, anyways, we were flying through the bright sky, which was a nice clear blue, at least, until a strong wind came, and through us about, making me grasp onto Marie’s mane tightly, as she tried to keep her wings in control.

Soon, what followed next, was a large fireball, a giant hot rock from a volcano. “Whoa, girl!” I yelled, as she flew out of the way, and soon, more and more began to show up, “Where are these things coming from?”
I looked down to see a giant volcanic like island, and had Marie take us to a small ledge on a mountain, that was out of sight of the creatures that were lurking about. One of them looked like that dragon creature who had invaded my dreams a few nights ago. I gasped softly, wondering what was going on down there.

I then heard a voice echo through the air, “Well, well, well, it seems we have a guest.” The voice sounded familiar, and as I peered down over the ledge, I saw that the voice belonged to a man, who was circling around a figure I knew very well.

“Oh no...George...” I whispered, holding my hand close to my lips, as tears fell down my cheeks.

I saw that George was being held up by a large wooden staff that sat in the middle of a pool of lava, chains wrapped around his body and the staff. The man stared at George with a dark smirk, while holding up a sword to his neck, “I’m surprised to see you here, your majesty. Did your wife come to an agreement to give up her child or what?”

George glared at the man, while the tip of the sword was up against his neck, “You won’t get away with this, Edgar. I know what you’re up to.”

Edgar made a buzzing sound, before chuckling, “Wrong answer, your majesty.” He then slit my husband’s throat, where I screamed loudly, as the blood flowed into the hot lava pool below him, and burned into nothing, while making a sizzling noise.

“Ah, so she is here,” I soon heard Edgar say, and turned to see him behind me, where he took the collar of my dress, and smashed me up against a wall, while angry and heartbroken tears, streamed down my face.

A blade was soon placed by my neck, as my golden eyes were pierced by his dark red ones. Taking up his appearance, he had long dark hair, a long beard, orange skin, and wore long dark robes and boots. A dark chuckle escaped his lips, as his eyes narrowed in a dark scowl, “Well, your majesty, we meet at least. What is your decision?”

I glared hard at Edgar, and soon found the strength to push him away with my powers, and growled lightly, as I stepped forward, “I don’t care, Edgar. You may have tried to win this, but you won’t. I’ve made my decision. I’m keeping my child, and my beloved city, all you have to do; is surrender.”

Edgar had lost his balance, and fell over the ledge, which had me run over to see where he went, only for him to shoot up into the air, with large dark wings. I stared up at him, glaring, as he gave me a smirk, “So, it seems you’ve made your choice. Well then, I shall prepare for the funerals of you and your people, because now, you’ve just declared war. And what a shame it is too, as your child will never see the light of day, or day to live. Ta-ta.”


I woke up next, holding my head which started to pound, and soon remembered what happened to George, and looked to my right to see that he was sleeping soundly. A sigh of relief left my lips, before I smiled, glad that he wasn’t dead. I then shook him awake, calling his name gently, “George. George...please wake up...” I kissed his lips softly, which had awakened him.

I smiled, as our eyes met, before he sat up in fear, as he wondered what I would say, “Yes love, what did he say?”

The thoughts of the nightmare came back to me, and tears streamed down my face, “He says that war will be upon us soon. We don’t have much time. Go alert my father, please, George.”

George kissed me deeply, and gave me a gentle hug, before climbing out of bed, and threw on some of his royal robes, before leaving the room, but not before blowing me a kiss, “I love you. Stay in bed.”

I nodded, and gave a heavy sigh, while my hand rubbed my stomach gently. I can feel the baby kick at the touch of my fingers, making me wonder what the baby was trying to say or do. “Don’t worry, young one, you’ll be out of there soon. I hope...”

Thinking back to what Edgar has said, my tears came back, but then I swiped away in anger. There was no way I was going to listen to him. My baby will be born, and live a full life. I won’t let war get in the way of this.

~~

“What?! He has declared war on Startopia?” Stephen asked loudly, as he and I stood in the room that had separated us from his bedroom, where his wife was sleeping soundly.

I nodded with a heavy sigh, while running a tired hand through my hair, before my green eyes landed on the furious King, “Yes, he has, your majesty.”

He seemed to have calmed down a bit, as he began to think about what to do now. “Is your men ready?”

I stared at him, and shook my head, “Give them a few more days, and they will be ready, your majesty. I know they’ll do well.”

Nodding his approval, he shuffled back to his bedroom, with me following in tow, “Alright, we’ll give them that much. Where will your wife be, if this war goes on?”
♠ ♠ ♠
CLIFFHANGER!! Alright, so I suppose you're all wondering why I left it that, mostly because I'm going to time warp into when the war begins. You'll see a lot of action, I'm sure.

Hopefully y'all liked the update, Stay tuned! :3