‹ Prequel: A Glitch in Time
Status: On Hiatus

This Means War

Chapter 7

George~

The ride from the gates of the royal palace was a great feeling; at least I was out in the fresh air at noon, which was almost around supper time.

I had one of my best guards with me, Soldier Evan and his little brother Arty, who was still in training. They rode by my sides, and I trust them with my life, so if one falls, the last one standing will be there to do his best.

We made it to the village, where a lot of the citizens were doing work or making sells.

I gave a slight nod to my soldiers, and said, “Scout, if you see anything suspicious, let me know.”

They both bowed in respond and took off in different directions, while I began my walk through the busy streets of everyday shoppers.

The grounds were beautiful as always, and there was plenty to look at. I walked along the shoppers, getting caught in the flow, until I approached a baking shop who was selling sweeties.

“Good noonday your majesty, would you like a nice fresh baked breadilinee,” an old widow asked, handing me a bread sweet and sending me a secret wink.

I smiled politely and said, “A nice offer that I cannot ignore, but I’m saving for lunch hour, thanks for asking though.”

She only nodded, and said, “Have a great noonday then your majesty.”

I nodded, and then walked along, looking at what others were selling, until I heard a scream come from around the bend of the trickling bridge.

Off I ran, my whistle glowing the sign of danger. Once I got around the corner, I saw two dark figures holding a maid by her neck; she was from the royal palace. What was she doing here?

One of the figures scolded her, saying, “We know she’s close, tell us where we can find her!”

“I…I don’t know who you’re talking about…” the maid stuttered, pleading that she’d be freed.

“Mind telling me what’s going on here gentlemen?” I ask calmly as I walk up to the group.

“It’s the king! Kill him!” One of them ordered, making me smirk, ready for a challenge.

Glitch~

I knew that going out for a walk in the garden wasn’t on my list of ‘things to do,’ but I couldn’t help it, I needed the fresh air.

I strolled along the garden, scanning the flowers and sniffing the ones I loved the most. I smiled as I sat on the fountain’s edge and stared at my reflection.

I then gasped when I saw a reflection of someone standing behind me. I looked up to see that it was Tori, my maid in waiting. I sighed in relief to know that it was her and not someone dangerous.

Her long blue hair shined as she smiled at me asking, as she sat next to me, “Your Majesty, why are you being so troublesome?”

I giggled, and asked, “Why Tori dear, what makes you say such a thing?”

She smiled back, and said, “Because lately, you’ve been disobeying the King’s orders…”

“Like,” I asked, giving her a shrug.

“Like…for example, staying in the castle when he told you to stay put, and still you’ve gone with your own mind to ignore the fact that when he comes back and hears the news, he’s going to punish you. You know how big you’re getting…” She said all in one breath, in which she didn’t let go until she finished.

“Yea, but I need the fresh air, you know that, my mother’s been telling me that air is good for the nourishment of the baby,” I said, staring at the bright sky.

Not knowing what to say, Tori asked, “So, is there anything you need right now?”

“Air…is all I’ll need for right now, thank you,” I said, giggling a bit.

Tori blushed, and said, “Yes, of course, then I will leave you to finish my other maidly duties.”

I nodded, and said, “You’re dismissed then.”

She stood up, kissed my cheek, and then walked back into the castle, leaving me with a red face.

George~

A blow to the head was all it took to get rid of these punks from doing any harm to the maid, whom I realized was Charlie; she was responsible for the grocery shopping.

There was only one last figure standing, and I guessed he would be the leader.

“Well, here’s his majesty, fighting off my entire flock to save this pathetic maid,” is what he said, smirking down at the shivering girl.

“Yea, so what are you going to do about? Run to your mother for more recruits?” I asked, sending him a glaring smirk.

“Oh, I’m shivering in my high tops,” he said, chuckling as we started circling each other, our weapons in hand. “Give me you best shot Kingie, and we’ll see who lives or dies…”

He made the first move by shooting a ball of fire at me, in which I blocked and threw back at him, only for him to dodge the hit.

“Is that all you got Kingie, I could do much better,” he said, taking out his lighting sword, and I took out mine. “Either we do this the easy way or the hard way.”

“You mean, the old way or the new way,” I said, before we both charged at each other, holding our swords high to strike.
♠ ♠ ♠
This update is for Red riding hood! Thanks for you comments!