‹ Prequel: A Glitch in Time
Status: On Hiatus

This Means War

Chapter 8

Glitch~

Lying in bed was one thing I could be doing right now, but the baby was insisting on a warm bath for the evening, and still George wasn’t back yet.

I rubbed my growing stomach as I sat in the bath, while my head rested on the edge of the tub. I wished George was here with me, to talk to me about how we would raise our child boy or girl, whichever it may be.

I sighed, and closed my eyes to let my thoughts roam along a meadow of blooming crystal roses as I stood in the middle of them, feeling them whisper promises to me.

“You’ve completed your mission, now just get rid of me so I can die to be rid of your features that are stuck in my mind Marsopian!” my father said, glaring at the man who now held my child with a grin on his face.

My father was in chains, sitting in dirt of the evil King’s cell looking old and miserable, ready to just disappear.

“But don't you see,” the evil King asked, smiling down at the baby, “I know hold the key to your dreams...a grandchild who will know nothing about you nor it's mother or father, or grandmother. This is a precious gift sent from the dark skies for me to have as my own...”

As he was saying his last words, he pulled out a knife from his heath, and held it to the baby's throat. “But alas, all of what you thought I wanted was a lie.”

He then slit the baby's throat, and threw it to my father who had tears in his eyes as he stared down at the motionless body.

“Aw, how sad it is to see a loved one die, and there's more to come if you don't give me what I want!” the evil king said menacingly, as he held the knife under my father's neck, who only stared at him with hatred in his eyes.

The last thing my father said before his throat was slit was, “My daughter will stop you, no matter how much you threaten her.”

The evil king smirked, and said, “I'd like to see her try,” and then my father died.


I woke up with tears in my eyes, and saw that night had fallen, and George was nowhere to be seen.

I had my nightgown on, and noticed that I was in my bed, when have I gotten out of the bath? I probably just dropped off to sleep and someone came and took care of me, but who?

I sat up rather too fast, making me groan as I started to feel a bit dizzy. I held onto the bed for support and started my carefully through the dark room.

Once I got to the door, I tested it, it was unlocked, so I opened the door to see a few soldiers walking down the hall.

Wondering if anything bad happened, I turned invisible, and walked down the hall behind the soldiers, who were not aware of my presence.

As they walked on outside to do their night shift, I walked along down the hallway to see where everyone else was.

~~

After a series of walking here and there, I made it to the ballroom, where I heard a ball was being held.

A ball in my presence and I wasn't warned about it? I narrowed my eyes as I saw my husband walk up to a lady and laugh as she told him something that amused him.

I was the one who was allowed to amuse George, not her! My face felt heated, and I knew that being jealous wasn't going to help, so I decided to make my way back to my room.

Once I got back, I received a surprise. A hand covered my mouth as I walked in, and I heard his voice, “It's just me my love, I got worried when I didn't find you here.”

He let me go, and I turned to see that it was him. I hugged him, and then asked, “Wait a minute! If you're here, then who's...”

We then heard people screaming and glass breaking, and footsteps pounding the floor as they dried to escape the castle.

“What's going on?” I asked, as George lifted me and put me on the bed.

He gave me a quick kiss before saying, “Now, stay put, I'll go help out and see what's going on.”

“But...”

“Promise me!” he said, clearly serious.

I nodded, and said, “Please be careful.”

He nodded, and then gave me a deep kiss before leaving the room and closing the door quietly behind him.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think will happen now?