Status: I'm working on it.

Summer I'll Never Forget

Chapter Two

Grabbing my final bag off the conveyer belt I joined Joe and Gabby. We had just arrived at the LA airport after the three-hour flight.

“Ready for the summer of our lives?” Joe asked. I smiled at her and followed her out of the airport. We quickly hailed a cab and started the drive towards our new home for the summer. We were all buzzing with excitement the closer we got to the house. We eventually pulled up to a tan beach house. The plan was originally for us to stay in a hotel for the duration of our trip, but our parents wouldn’t allow it. After hearing that we had saved up our money for everything else they offered to get us a nice place to stay.

The house was simple with large windows over looking the beach. I smiled at my summer home and took my bags toward the house. My room was the furthest one down the hall. The walls were pale white and the bed was pushed against the wall. The room was decent in size and set up very basic. But I enjoyed it that way. I wasn’t planning on spending much time in this room anyway.

I set my suite cases on the floor, leaving them to be unpacked later. I went out to the living room to see Joe and Gabby standing by the front door wallets in hand. I gave them a questioning look, but they just grabbed my hands and dragged me out the door. I shrugged and went along with where ever we were going. I had learned to go along with the ride whenever I was with them.

The last time they had randomly dragged me to an unknown location we ended up at Toys R Us. We had the most amazing time and I had pictures and videos on my phone of every second. From when Joe decided it would be fun to press the play on every toy in and isle to when a little kid ran up to Gabby screaming mommy, and finally to when we got kicked out and banned from the store. We always had the best times together.

We eventually made it to a grocery store. I gave them a curiously look before shrugging and walking in. Gabby grabbed a cart while Joe ran down to the candy isle. I shook my head at my friend and climbed into the cart. I wrinkled my nose at Gabriella as she began to put vegetables into the cart.

“I don’t know how you can stand that stuff.” I said shaking my head.

“What, its good for you.” She defended.

“You are such a mom.” I joked. She just rolled her eyes at me and continued to throw things at me and into the cart. After getting a few things and almost completely covering me in food I could hear Joe’s voice as she screamed in the store.

“Gabby, McKenzie where are you?”

“In isle twelve!” I called through out. I heard the sound of someone running and she appeared at the end of the isle with her arms full of food. She walked over to the cart dumping everything into my lap. I laughed as Gabby raised her eyebrows at our hungry friend.

“What?” Joe asked with feign innocence. Gabby just shook her head and pushed the cart to check out. We paid for our stuff quickly and grabbed our bags and began the walk home. Once we got home I set the bags on the counter and began putting things away. Jo and Gabby soon joined me and we were done within 10 minutes. Once we were done I went to my room to put on pajamas and begin unpacking. I set up my Ihome and let the music play through the room while I unpacked. I was done in 15 minutes. I was planning on buying nearly a whole new wardrobe while here. I unplugged the ihome and carried it out to the living room and turned it up. I went and knocked on Gabriella and Joanne’s doors and told them we were having a sleepover in the living room tonight.

Soon we were dancing around the living room to music and making dumb videos on our phones. Half way through our third video What Makes You Beautiful came on and we laughed. I was sort of in love with one direction. I balanced my phone on the table to film us while we began dancing to the song and lip-syncing all the words. When the song ended we all laughed and I went over to my phone to stop the video.

I filmed nearly everything we did or took pictures. I rarely posted any of them, they were more just to look back on and laugh when I was bored. Most of the gallery on my phone was pictures of us making weird faces and getting into trouble at stores. A lot of them I had printed out and taped up on a wall back at my house. Gabby and Joe are some of the few people who ever see me being loud or in sweatpants. I guess its because I know they wont judge me like other people do.

“Well I’m exhausted. Want to watch a movie?” Joe asked.

“Only if I can pick the movie.” I said.

“But we already know you’re going to pick, Kenz.” She whined.

“Oh, really?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Yep. You’re going to pick tangled because you want to sing along.” Gabby said grabbing blankets and handing them to us. Joe nodded in agreement.

“Okay so maybe I am predictable. But you know you guys love that movie too.” I said putting it into the DVD player. The opening credits started and we were all asleep before Rapunzel even asked about the floating lights.