‹ Prequel: Into Your Arms
Status: Carly & John will appear briefly in Bumpy Roads And Busy Hearts, taking place after this.

Some Days

You're So Young And Still So Free

"John! Can we meet your wife?" A fan chirped at me from the small crowd which erupted with cheers of agreement.

I laughed and shook my head. "She's not my wife yet!"

I walked away from the crowd and back into the venue's dressing room where Carly was feeding Jenny.

"They already love you." I smiled as I sat down beside her.

She laughed. "Of course they do, I'm great."

I kissed her cheek and nodded. "And so is this little lady." I smiled at her whole hand gripping my index finger.

"She's beautiful. You got good genes John." Carly laughed.

"She's got your face." I kissed Jenny's nose and she giggled.

I smiled brightly while staring intently at her green eyes.

I felt Carly's gaze on me and I looked up and pressed my lips to hers.

"She has the perfect father." She smiled.

***

I rolled out of my bed and rubbed my eyes before slugging my way to the nursery.

I heard Jenny crying and scooped her out of her crib, softly swaying and singing.

"Jenny, don't you cry, everything is gonna be alright. You're so young and still so free. Jenny take my hand, understand, I will try to be a better dad. Without you there is no me."

She quieted down and stared up at me with those big green eyes.

"I love you, baby. I love your mom. You're my favourite girls ever."
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Jenny - The Maine
Again.