‹ Prequel: Into Your Arms
Status: Carly & John will appear briefly in Bumpy Roads And Busy Hearts, taking place after this.

Some Days

Photograph, remembering the summer

“Jenny come here,” I crouched down and held my arms out to her.

“NO!” she yelled.

“Jen...” I warned. She crossed her arms and stomped her footie pj foot. “Come here or daddy will come get you...”

“Daddy No!” she yelled.

“Shh.. you’ll wake mommy up.” I started to come after her.

“No! No No!!” she squealed and started to run. It was funny to watch her walk and run. It was her first birthday and I decided to let Carly sleep in.

I caught Jenny and looked at her.

“You’re gonna wake up mommy,” I scolded as she squirmed.

“Mommy’s already awake,” I heard Carly say as she walked into the room.

“Good morning,” I smiled and kissed her lips.

“Mama!!” Jenny screeched and reached her arms out to Carly.

“Happy Birthday big girl,” Carly took Jenny from my arms. “I’ll go change her start breakfast.” she instructed.

“Yes Ma’am!” I saluted and kissed her again before going into the kitchen.

I started getting breakfast ready and soon Jenny came running and clung onto my leg.

“Jenny you need to let go of Daddy,” I looked down at her.

“NO!” she looked up at me with her green eyes.

“C’mere princess,” Carly pried the little girl off of me and sat her in her high chair.

“Cheerios?” she waved the box infront of Jenny.

“ME! ME!” she clapped her hands and tried to reach for the box.

I laughed. She wanted to be so independant. I passed a bowl to Carly and she poured the cereal.

“Me! MAMA! Me!” Jenny yelled as she pounded the table.

“Here you go,” Carly placed the bowl infront of her and soon there were cheerios everywhere. Carly sighed.

“It’s okay Car, I’ll clean it up after we eat.” I placed my hand on hers.

“Thanks John.” She smiled and continued eating.

***
It was time for Jenny’s birthday party. We invited the rest of the band, our friends and my family over. I chased Jenny around trying to get her cleaned up. The doorbell rang.

“See Jenny? People are here and you’re still a mess.” I scolded.

“JENNY!!” Pat yelled as he entered our house.

Jenny quickly ran to Pat and hugged his leg.

“I brought a present...” He crouched down and showed a bag to her.

“ME! ME!” she tried to reach for it.

“Later big girl,” I scooped her up, “just put it over there,” I pointed to the table.

Soon everyone was here and they all crowded around Jenny giving Carly and I a break. We sat on the couch together looking at our photo album. It was filled with pictures of our wedding and of Jenny. It brought so many memories. I smiled and hugged Carly.

“I love you...” I whispered.

“I love you too,” she replied.

Our “moment” was interrupted by Jenny who came to show us what she got.

“YUMMY!” she yelled indicating she wanted to eat.

“Cake time?” I asked Carly.

“Cake Time.” she smiled.

***

Evening was rolling in and people were leaving. Carly was bustling around the kitchen trying to clean everything up, while I was putting Jenny to sleep.

“John!” I heard Carly yell as Jenny was dozing off. I ran Into the kitchen. Carly was leaning over the sink.

“What’s wrong?” I asked and Carly threw up.

Oh No. Not again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Growing Up- The Maine

end. woohoo! Thank to everyone who commented and subscribed :)

If you possibly, maybe want to see a sequel please tell us in the comments