‹ Prequel: Into Your Arms
Status: Carly & John will appear briefly in Bumpy Roads And Busy Hearts, taking place after this.

Some Days

Baby My Ears Are Open And I'm Watching You

"You'll come back soon, right?" Carly asked, clutching my hand as we walked towards the tour bus.

I turned back and nodded. "You know I am. I'll call, everything." I kissed her quickly, and rushed onto the bus that pulled out the second the door closed behind me. I ran to the back room, and stared out the window.

She stood there, one hand waving, the other placed firmly on her growing belly.

"She'll be there when we get back." I jumped at the voice, and turned to see Pat laughing.

"Yeah, but with something extra." I muttered.

"What does that mean?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Nothing."

"Oh."

He knew.

"I swear to god, if you tell anyone I'll kick your ass." I growled at him.

"I won't!" He answered. "But.. is she really... pregnant?"

I sighed and nodded.

"John! You asshole!"

"That's the twelfth time I've been called that today."

***

The tour was loud. And frustrating. And I kept worrying about Carly.

"How're you feeling?" I smiled at her through Skype.

She groaned loudly. "Guess."

"I wish I was home already." I sighed. "Another month."

She stood up, and I could see her belly, it was small and round, and definitely carrying a baby.

She returned with a bottle of water, and sat down. "Another six months." She sighed.

"Soon." I smiled at her.

She shook her head. "Too soon. You try squeezing out a baby. Doesn't sound too fun."

"Well she is glowing!" I turned to see Pat smiling widely at the screen.

"You told him!?"

I shrugged.

"Don't worry Carly, I won't tell anyone!" He laughed.

"Better fucking not." I growled.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Carly demanded.

"I-uh-"

"Ashamed of me?" She glared.

"No! Just don't want to tell everyone yet!" I jumped to my defense, watching Pat as he left the room, a smirk on his face.

She sighed. "I'm sorry."

I shook my head. "It's fine."

"You uh, thought of any names?" She asked, trying to turn the subject back to a happy discussion.

"I don't know.. Marie? Jason? We don't know what the gender is yet, so I haven't really thought."

She smiled. "Jenny."

"..After my mom?"

She nodded. "She's been a great help."

"What..?"

"I told her.. and she's been staying with me since about a week after you left. Your dad knows too."

I sighed. "Okay, well, let's wait on names until we know if it's a boy or girl."
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: The Town's Been Talking - The Maine