‹ Prequel: Into Your Arms
Status: Carly & John will appear briefly in Bumpy Roads And Busy Hearts, taking place after this.

Some Days

We're Thinking Of Those We Left Back Home

"So, Carly wants us to do the nursery." Evan stated, hoping for me to get angry.

"Sure." I nodded, dropping the pen I was using to write music with onto the table.

I followed him into the nursery and glanced around, it was freshly painted and well, empty. Except for the crib which sat in pieces along with the dresser which we needed to paint a new colour to match the room.

"So, you'll do the crib?" He handed me the instructions and I nodded.

"You paint the dresser."

And we got to work, ignoring each other as best as possible.

Carly stuck her head in every ten minutes, making sure we weren't at each others throats, which trust me, I wanted to. Finally, Evan stuck his head up from his job and spoke.

"So uh, nice job keeping Carly a secret."

"What?"

"I saw the pictures. Everyone knows. And not just about her, about the baby too."

Oh god. Those damn fan girls.

"Everyone?" I asked, trying to keep my cool.

"I think it's a bad idea for her to be with you." He blatantly announced.

What.

"The fans are giving her so much hate. You can't even look after her. She's better off with Steve."

"Who the fuck is Steve?" I could feel my face turning red.

"Her old fiance." He shrugged.

Fiance?

***

"Have fun!" Carly kissed me lightly and I forced a smile at her before leaving to the bus.

Continuing the Pioneer World Tour. Time for Brazil, and a few other South American countries.

But, Carly's old fiance ? What is going on?

"Johnny boy!" Garrett slapped my arm and knocked my out of my trance.

"Garrett." I nodded.

"What's wrong with you?"

I shook my head. "Nothing."

"Trouble in paradiiiiiise!" Pat sang out from inside the bus, and I walked to my bunk and slid into it.

"Be quiet, I'm tired." I muttered.

She's six months pregnant. This tour is four months, starting in SA, going to the UK, then Canada and then the states. What if she has the baby when I'm out of the country? And who the fuck is Steve?
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Every Road - The Maine