‹ Prequel: Into Your Arms
Status: Carly & John will appear briefly in Bumpy Roads And Busy Hearts, taking place after this.

Some Days

You See, All I Got Is You

All I could think about what Evan has said. Who was Steve? And was I really that bad at taking Care of Carly? 

I gave her everything. I loved her and she's the only girl I truly love. She's not like the other girls that I dated. She is my one and only. 

It was our second week in south America and we had an interview with the Argentinian press. A young girl sat opposite of us. Looking at me she asked the dreaded question.

"so John, tell us about the girl that is always seen with you," she said in broken English.

I took a deep breath. This was the answer to end all questions. And the fans better start to appreciate it. 

"Well that girl is my girlfriend Carly. She is the most amazing person ever. And yes to answer your question she is having a baby and is due soon." I started. " I know many fans are upset about this but please understand that I can't date all of you." I joked.

"I'm free!!" pat yelled out, which caused us all to laugh.

"Anyway, we would really appreciate your support even is this time," I grinned hoping this was going to be it. 

***

"hey sweetheart," I saw Carly's face appear on the screen. 

"hey babe," I replied smiling.

"do where are you guys now?" she asked. 

"almost done the UK. Then we head off the Canada in a few days," I explained. 

"that sounds so cool, I miss you," she replied. 

"I miss you too. Next time your coming with me," I grinned. 

"but the baby?" she asked.

"the baby will come too. It'll be a family vacation. I promise." I grinned. Family. I liked the sound of that.

"How are the fans treating this whole situation?" she asked.

"so far so good," I answered. "I haven't gotten any death threats yet," I laughed.

"did that girl find you again?" Carly asked catching me off guard.

"Girl? What girl?" I asked confused.

"that girl that kissed you," she explained. 

"What how do you know about that?! And I didn't kiss her back of that's what you're trying to get at!" I burst out.

"Pat told me." Carly glared. My god Pat!!

"Oopsie..." Pat stuck his head from around the corner. 

"Okay well then who's this Steve kid? Huh? And I didn't cheat on you Carly if you think that." I defended myself. At the mention of Steve's name, Carly went pale.

"Who told you?" she demanded. 

"Tour dear brother, when he said I wasn't good enough for you," I growled.

"that's not true." Carly snapped, "he's just butthurt that I didn't marry the guy Because I came to my fucking senses." 

"sure maybe I shouldn't believe you like you don't believe me," I rolled my eyes. 

"John! He was one of the reasons I left Colorado! And besides he was a douche that I want nothing to do with anymore," she explained frantically. 

I crossed my arms over my chest and leaned back into my chair. "Go on..." I urged.

"What else do you want to know?" she asked. 

"I don't know? Anything?" I shrugged.

"Why are you so difficult?" she groaned. 

"You love me for it," I winked.

"Steve and I dated in high school and he proposed at grad, so i said yes but then everything changed between us and I just felt that he wasn't the one for me,"  she sighed. "anything else?"

"Why does Evan think I don't take care of you?" I asked. 

"Because he is an overprotective older brother and Steve is his best friend. He didn't come to visit me. He came to try and persuade me to come back home."

"and you didn't?" 

"as you see I didn't because I love you and I don't care that we're all over the Internet." Carly smiled. 

"I love you. I can't wait to come back home," I grinned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Don't Stop Now- The Maine