Fix You

l'extrémité.

When you try your best but you don't succeed
When you get what you want but not what you need


Aimee just curled into Liam as they laid there, neither one of them daring to move. His flight left at noon the next day and then it would finally be over. This entire, beautiful thing they had become would be put out. He looked so deeply into her eyes she was sure that he could see her soul. See how miserable she was at the idea of being away from him. They were a part of each other now, they were one living breathing thing. They were in love.

But it didn’t matter.

She knew that she loved Liam with everything she was, and that was why she had to let him go. He didn’t need a girl like her, who couldn’t have kids and probably was going to have some serious medical issues later in life. She wanted him to have someone he could have a family with, grow old with, and never have to worry about her forgetting him. She doubted she ever could, but the fear of falling back into the darkness of amnesia was ever present in her mind. And she never wanted to make him go through that, no matter how much it killed her for them to be apart.

When you feel so tired but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse


He finally pressed his forehead to hers, closing his eyes as he felt the way they so perfectly fit together. He wanted to stay with her, make her happy, shower her with love, but he couldn’t. He had to face reality, he was on tour all the time, the press hounded him, it had driven him and Danielle apart and he’d rather know she was happy in ignorance. She’d never have to deal with him being gone for months at a time on the road. She deserved someone who could be there every moment for her, and he couldn’t.

His body begged him to sleep, but he refused. If this was the last time he was going to see his beautiful, precious Aimee, the woman he loved, he wanted to remember every moment. But finally his body won the fight and he passed out sometime around three am, he and Aimee intertwined together. They fit like two pieces of a puzzle, like they were made for each other.

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace


She watched him as he slipped into unconsciousness and brushed a piece of his soft hair out of his face. She was going to miss him so much she felt a gnawing in her gut at the thought of them being parted. She finally rested her head on his chest, falling asleep to the soft, steady beating of his heart.

When you love someone but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?


As they all sat in the cab to go to the airport Niall, Louis, Zayn, Harry, and Liam all held her. She was trying so hard not to cry, but they were making it extremely difficult by holding her like they were her big brothers. Well, all of them except Liam, he just clutched her like she was his whole world, because she was. There were no jokes, no silly banter from any of them as they finally pulled up to the airport and stepped out. It was pouring down rain as the boys and Aimee got out. She thought it was appropriate, not only because it so easily cloaked her tears, but because it had been raining when she and Liam had first met. It was only fitting that it rained when they were forced to say goodbye. They slowly walked into the lights of the airport, Liam clutching her hand for dear life.

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you


They checked their bags, got their tickets and slowly started making their way to the security entrance. This was where Aimee would have to say goodbye for good. Louis gave her a massive hug, saying that if they were ever in Paris they would look her up. She smiled, knowing that most likely she would be forgotten in a few months when Liam had found a new girl to forget her with. Zayn gave her a small hug, telling her that he would have jumped in front of a car to meet her too. Niall lifted her off her feet and spun her around. He then smiled and told her that his offer from the café still stood. Aimee smiled, remembering him saying that if things didn’t work out in Paris that he would happily marry her so she could become and Irish citizen and see the boys, on the condition that they still got a honeymoon of course.

Harry sighed as he made his way over to her. He’d tried desperately not to see the girls in front of him through Liam’s eyes, but it was too late. He saw every bit of the smart, beautiful, incredible woman that his friend had fallen so in love with. He wished he could have been less harsh, but he hoped that maybe the knowledge that this had to end eventually helped lessen the blow. Although, deep down, he knew it didn’t. Aimee extended her hand to him, but he simply pulled her into a massive hug, both of them fighting off tears. “I think I’ll miss you most of all Harry.” She whispered. “And I still think you’re the cutest.” He chuckled as he pulled away from her.

“Take care of yourself. Paris is a big city.”

“I will.” She promised.

Finally Liam came up to her, the rest of the lads going ahead to security to give them a moment.

And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go


He just grabbed her, pulling her close to him, feeling the way they fit so perfectly together. “Aimee, are you sure about this? If you just come to London, meet Paul, I’m sure he could think of something.” He was desperate to keep her by his side, but she just sadly shook her head.

“It just isn’t meant to be.” She whispered, trying to convince herself more than him. She wanted to say yes, her heart was screaming for her to, but she couldn’t do it. Liam needed someone better than her, she couldn’t be the perfect woman he so badly deserved. She hated to cause him this much pain, but it was what was best for him in the long run. She knew that eventually, this would make him happy, and that was all she could ever really ask for.

But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth


When she knew that she would say yes if she stayed in his warm embrace a second longer she pulled away. She wanted Liam to be happy, even if it destroyed her to think of him with anyone else. “You’re going to miss your flight.” She said simply. If he fought her, if he insisted one more time, maybe she would go, but he simply sighed.

“I love you.” He whispered. “And I always will.”

“I love you too.” She murmured. He finally tore his eyes away from hers and made his way to security, leaving the love of his life behind.

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you


Aimee slowly made her way to the front of the airport to try and get a taxi, remembering the amazing few weeks she had spent with Liam. She remembered him singing to her in the hospital, bringing her back from the brink of death with nothing but his voice. The feeling of his lips on hers, his arms around her, when they made love. Everything about them was perfect, and it was the one thing that she couldn’t forget. She knew that she wanted to be with him for the rest of their lives. She didn’t care about the cameras or the tours or the distances. But she could never have kids, she would probably have serious problems later in life, she just seemed to have so much baggage. Baggage she had gotten saving his life.

She stopped as she remembered seeing him walk in front of the car. There had been something inside of her, that same feeling when they kissed, when he held her, whenever she saw his soft brown eyes. Liam was home to her. She was his now, she had loved him since the moment she met him.

She couldn’t let him go.

She turned around, starting to race through the airport, hoping maybe that it wasn’t too late to find him. She didn’t even know what terminal he was in or anything. All she knew was that she would spend the rest of her life making sure he was happy. That car crash was the greatest thing that had ever happened to her because it had brought her Liam, it had been fate. And she refused to lose him.

Tears stream down your face
When you lose something you cannot replace


As Liam slowly made his way to the terminal he felt like part of him was dying, and it was. The part of his heart and soul that he’d given to Aimee was slowly and surely fading away. He should have been more persuasive, talked her into going with him, but he’d given up on the single greatest thing that had ever happened to him. He wanted to tell her he loved her every second of every day. He wanted to take her back up to the Eiffel Tower and kiss her again while fireworks lit up the sky.

He remembered when she’d first saved him, how, even that early on, he’d started falling in love with her. He knew that even if she had her memory back his debt wasn’t repaid. His life belonged to her now. He would give up everything he had just for one more moment of looking into her eyes.

He knew that the doctor had said she might black out again, that her memories may come and go for years to come, but he didn’t care. He would make new memories to replace the old. They would adopt kids, they would figure it out together. He wanted to spend the rest of his life with her until they both grew old and withered. He wanted to spend as many nights as he could curled up beside her, listening to her voice, anything.

He needed her.

He looked at Harry who instantly understood. He thought about warning Liam about the difficulties, about what happened with Danielle, but he couldn’t. He knew what Liam and Aimee had was one in a million, it was a bond that was unbreakable by anything on this earth. He gave his friend a small nod.

“Go get her.”

Liam didn’t need another word as he dropped his bag and started running as fast as he could towards where they had left her, praying she wasn’t already gone. If she was he would go back to her apartment, the hotel, something. He would scour Paris for her, he would never stop searching. He would hold her and never let her go again.

Tears stream down your face
And I


Aimee’s feet pounded on the tile floor as she raced to the Security checkpoint. The young security woman there gave her a stern look as she ran up to her, breathing hard.

“billet?” (Ticket?)

“Je n'ai pas un billet, mais s'il vous plaît, vous devez m'écouter-” (I don’t have one, but please, you have to listen to me-)

“Si vous n'avez pas de billet, vous ne pouvez pas passer à côté!” (If you don’t have a ticket you can’t go through, next!) Tears started running down Aimee’s face.

“Mademoiselle, l'homme que j'aime est sur le point de monter dans un avion et je ne le verrai plus, sauf si vous me laisser passer. S'il vous plaît, c'est ma dernière chance!” (Miss, the man I love is about to get on a plane and I’ll never see him again unless you let me through. Please, this is my last chance!)

“Si vous n'avez pas de billet, vous ne pouvez pas passer, ce sont les règles. Suivant!” (If you don’t have a ticket you can’t go through, those are the rules. Next!) She felt her heart breaking. She was so close and she couldn’t get to him. She could never tell him that she loved him more than anything else on the planet.

“Elle peut avoir mon billet”(She can have my ticket.) Both women turned to see a small, old woman standing behind Aimee, extending the slip of paper to her. “L'amour est une belle chose mon cher, le chérir pendant que vous le pouvez.” (Love is a beautiful thing my dear, cherish it while you can.)

“Merci m'dame” (Thank you ma’am) Aimee whispered. The small woman simply smiled.

“Allez le chercher” (Go get him.) She gave her a small hug as she gave the woman the ticket and went through security as fast as her feet would carry her could, praying it wasn’t too late.

Tears stream down your face
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes


Liam looked frantically at every face, trying to find hers in the crowd. Then he saw brown hair coming through the security checkpoint. There was the same small frame, the giant eyes, the smile, the dimples. Liam felt his eyes sting with tears as he saw Aimee before him, crying. Without another word she ran to him, gripping him like the world was ending around them. She was sure she had pulled one of her stitches, but when she saw his eyes she didn’t care anymore.

“Liam…” She whispered. “I don’t want to be April, I want to be Aimee, because Aimee gets to be with you.”

“I don’t care about your memory.” He promised. “If you forget something I’ll just make ten new memories to replace it.”

“I don’t care about the photographers or the tours.” She said. “Or Niall hitting on me constantly.”

“I won’t ever leave you like that again.” He said, pressing his forehead to hers. “And you can still be April and be with me. Even if Aimee does suit you better.”

“Maybe I’ll change my name.” She said, smiling at him.

Tears stream down your face
And I


“Liam?” She whispered.

“Yes?”

“I love you.” He smiled at her. With just that one grin Aimee knew that she was home, no matter where that was. If she was with Liam then everything would be alright, she just knew it.

Lights will guide you home

“I love you too Aimee.” He said.

“And Liam?”

“Yes?” She smiled and Liam just got lost in those beautiful eyes. They could see right through him, and he loved it.

“I’m glad you walked in front of that car.”

And ignite your bones

She smiled as he held her so perfectly in his arms, both of them smiling because they knew that, no matter what, they would always be together. Liam finally leaned down as Aimee stood on her toes and they pressed their lips together, not failing to notice that they fit perfectly together, that they were made for each other.

And I will try to fix you.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guys I'm still crying.
I cried the entire time I wrote this.
Not just because I love Aimee and Liam
but because you guys have been so supportive and amazing.
I mean, 72 subscribers?
16 recs?
you guys are freaking rock stars.
I love all of you.
for real
I mean it.
You guys are the reason I do this and I'm going to miss all of you.
xoxoxo
TMG
(P.S. The title means "the end" and the lyrics in the chapter are from Coldplay's "Fix You" which is what inspired this story. If you've never heard it go on Grooveshark or youtube or something, because it's amazing)

Image