Status: This entire book is done, and I am starting book II ! So please, feedback would really be loved!

The Hufflepuff

Private Drive Number 4

Private Drive, where every house looks the same. Each house is where a family lives, or a elderly couple spends their retirement. Each and every person on that very street are normal, average is what some may call them. The Dursley's were no exception.

Every morning, Mr. Dursley woke up and his wife made his eggs and bacon that he would have with his toast. Then, he would leave and go to the office. When he returned, the family of four watched the news before putting the two twins to bed. One boy, who ate ten times as the youngest girl. The family was average, the two parents were raising healthy children who would some day have their own families, and raise children of their own. That was until the night of Friday the thirteenth in October.

The morning was average, as always. Mr. Dursley woke up to the sound of their son screeching for more food. His cheeks rosy red, while the small one year old girl sat patiently waiting for her first serving of food. When Mrs. Dursley set her food in front of her, with the small pink baby spoon in the cereal; Petunia Dursley couldn't help but squeal with joy when the small girl ate all of her food neatly. Vernon Dursley ate his breakfast and went to the office and went through the motions of the normal day. That night, however... things changed, and to the Dursley's it changed for the worst.

Petunia Dursley had a strange back round, her average family was cursed to have a nutter in the family. The Dursley's never spoke of the past of Mrs. Dursley. They never once thought they would have yet another in the family.

That night, while Vernon was watching the news the twins sat in a playpen. The boy, Dudley becoming bored with in a minute of picking up a toy. The girl, Violet quickly picking up the toy before the boy could change his mind. Petunia in the kitchen, making dinner dropped something. At first nothing happened, at first Vernon only glanced over his shoulder towards his wife and then turned his attention back to the news. Dudley only jumped at the sound, and big tears began to well up in his eyes. Violet, however became interested in whatever had happened. She kept her green eyes glued on her father, occasionally saying a small word 'Da-da'. He took the hint, and picked her up and set her down on the floor and seating himself back on the large, worn out chair. Violet began her hard journey crawling across the floor towards the kitchen. Once at the door, she sat herself in front of it then began to hit it. Hoping her mother would hear her.

Sure enough, Petunia Dursley pulled the door open and smiled down at Violet. She bent down, and picked her up off of the floor. Petunia pushed Violet's messy red hair out of the one year old's face as she set her back down in the high chair. Petunia saw this as a good time to give Violet something to eat, without her Duddy-kinz begging for some more. She made sure the girl was securely in the seat and then went to the cupboard and decided that some dry animal crackers would be a good snack. As she pour some on to the tray of the highchair, Violet took no intrest in them. She only took intrest in the already bandaged finger of her mother.

"Owie..." Violet said, pointing at her finger.

Her mother smiled, and nodded. "It was just a little boo-boo, it will be better in no time."

The girl seemed to accept the answer, as she looked around for the cause of her mothers wound. Her eyebrows pressed together when she noticed that should couldn't find the cause. She became annoyed that she couldn't see the entire kitchen, as she began to fuss. Her mother only thought she was thirsty. So, she then got a small bottle, cover, and straw down and poured some milk in it and then put it on the tray. Violet stared at it, then watched her mother walk calmly back to the stove. She began to fuss again, this time louder. She wanted to be turned around, she wanted to find what had hurt her mother. Violet had a tendency to fuss, just to hear her own fussing. So sometime, Mr. and Mrs. Dursley would let her fuss until she stopped.

Violet began to fuss even more, and tried to fuss even louder then she ever had before. Why wasn't her mother listening to her? Why wouldn't she just turn her so she could see the entire kitchen? Didn't she understand that she only wanted to know what had hurt her? Violet had watched Dudley fuss before, how he got what he wanted. Violet had never really done that, but if that was what it would take then it would have to do. Violet began to slap her hands on the tray, and let big tears well-up in her eyes. She became silent for a moment as her mother turned to see why she was hitting the tray. Violet took one deep breath, as the tears built up more and more, as she began to slam her small balled up fists on the table she began to scream and let the tears fall down her cheeks. Her mother hurried over to her, and picked her up and whispered calming words in to her ear. Usually it would have put the small girl to sleep, but this time the girl continued to scream and buried her face in her mothers brown hair. Violet looked up just as her father practically ran in to the kitchen, a little fat baby boy named Dudley sobbing in the other room.

Vernon Dursley looked shocked, Violet never screamed and cried unless something was wrong. "What happened?" He asked, his ears growing bright red as he spoke to his wife.

"I-I don't know." She stammered, as she swayed back and forth trying to calm the baby girl who only continued to scream. If only the couple knew she wanted to be free to roam the kitchen to find the thing that hurt Mrs. Dursley, things would have turned out differently.

"Do you want your crackers? Milk? Or go play with Duddie?" Her mother asked, looking at the girls bright green eyes that only had tears falling out of them more and more.

All of a sudden, things became silent. In the kitchen, at least. Dudley only continued to sob for a unknown reason. Violet, who felt her own cheeks burning red from the rapid amount of tears falling down them. Her eyes closed for a moment, and opened again looking at the cup of milk on the highchair tray. With that, the cup floated gracefully in to the air. As if a invisible person was picking it up. Violet found it amusing, as she watched it simply float there. Her once grief filled eyes, and voice changed to bright happy eyes, and giggle that would make any adult man and women beam with joy. Petunia and Vernon Dursley were different though, they wouldn't have a nutter in their perfect family.

"P-Petunia, but you aren't a...a..." Vernon stammered, surprising Violet with the disappointment in his voice. The cup dropped to the ground, the lid came off letting the milk spill all over the kitchen floor. Violet looked up at her mother, her eyes were horrified.

"No, no of course I'm not...only she was." She stammered, Vernon's eyes widened. Every ounce of sympathy, or love that he had ever felt for Violet was gone. To him, she was nothing but a future nutter now. Vernon stormed out of the kitchen, and stomped up the stairs. Violet's grip tightened around her mothers neck.

Petunia was deep in thought, thinking of a idea. Although she was disappointed in her daughter, it didn't change the fact that she was hers. She was brought back out of her thoughts when Vernon called to her from the top of the stairs.

"Petunia! Get the children in the car!" Petunia thought for a moment, small tears began to form in her eyes but she quickly blinked them away. She hurried to the other room, where Dudley sat still breathing heavily. Calming himself from his outburst of tears. Petunia scooped up the heavy little boy in her other arm and hurried to the dark blue car in the drive way.

Private Drive was a quiet street, everyone though seemed to know everything. During the day, people would peer out their curtains to see other people and what they were up to. While on walks, they would see how parents treated their children; and a nutter-child would surely stick out like a sore thumb. Petunia buckled the boy in first, the girl had calmed herself enough to simply enjoy her mother carrying her around. Mrs. Dursley then made her way to the other side and buckled in the small girl, and kissed her on the top of the forehead of the little girl. Petunia looked around private drive. There was a women walking her dog, there was a man and his wife out for a stroll as well. Then there was the Dursley's.

Vernon quickly opened the trunk, and dropped a suitcase in it. He seated himself in the drivers seat, without saying a word to Petunia. Petunia sat down in the passenger seat. She stared at her husband with apologetic eyes, their daughter was a complete nutter. She would grow up to stay a strange nutter as well, that would never change.

"Vernon?" Petunia asked, looking at him after a silent hour drive. "Vernon, where are we going?"

"I'm not very sure just yet, Petunia..." He sighed, glaring at the baby girl in the backseat that was causing him trouble. "But I have a slight idea, Marge once told me about this orphanage just a block or so from her street."

"But Vernon, that is all the way in Surrey-"

"We don't really have a better option right now, Petunia." Vernon snapped, the little girl who had meant no harm, who had never meant any harm to her parents just stared out the window, "I will not have one of them in my family."

"Oh but Vernon..." Petunia pleaded, "Maybe, well perhaps we can make sure it never happens again. Maybe if we never tell her, maybe if she just goes to school with Dudder's she will turn out normal."

"They never do, Petunia." Vernon sighed, "Once a nutter, always a nutter." He finished.
♠ ♠ ♠
Remember, feed back would be loved!