Status: This entire book is done, and I am starting book II ! So please, feedback would really be loved!

The Hufflepuff

Hufflepuff

The three weeks from that hot afternoon to the first of September seemed to drag on for ages. Violet would spend most of her time in her room, looking at her things for school. Mainly her wand, she had a wand. A real wand. She was a real witch, she wasn't a nutter. The only reason she stayed in her room, was so she wouldn't accidently tell other children about what she really was and where she was really going.

"Come along now!" Violet looked over her shoulder, only to see a red headed women with a line of children behind her. "Fred! George! Platform nine and three-quarters is right this way!"

Violet looked down at her ticket, nine and three-quarters, the red headed women hurried past her, along with a old red headed teenager, then there were twins also with red hair. Then there was a boy about her age.

"Excuse me, did she say platform nine and three-quarters?" Violet asked the boy, he nodded after looking at the rusty brown owl on her cart.

"Are you going to Hogwarts?" He asked, his red hair was messy. He had bright blue eyes, and freckles sprinkled all over his face.

Violet nodded, "I'm Violet Dursley."

"Ron Weasley-"

"Ronald!" The red haired women shrieked, as she made her way over to the two kids who were standing behind the others. "Who's this?"

"Violet Dursley." Violet smiled, "I'm going to be a first year at Hogwarts."

The women smiled, "It's Ron's first year as well." She smiled, "Come along then, don't want to miss the train." She paused, "Percy, you first," She sighed, the oldest boy ran towards the wall between nine and ten. Violet stared at the wall shocked, the boy ran straight through it.

"Fred, George, you next." The twins then ran through it, leaving Ron and Violet. "Violet, how about you go now." She smiled, Violet slowly pushed her cart forward and next to Mrs.
Weasley. "It's very simple, you just run in to the wall. Then you will be on the platform."

"But Mrs. Weasley, what if it doesn't work?" Violet asked, looking up at her.
The women laughed a little, "None sense. It will work, Ron and myself will be right behind you." She smiled, patting Violet on her shoulder. Violet took a deep breath, everything else had worked. At Diagon Ally she had seen other people use magic, she had eaten a chocolate frog. Why would she doubt this? Violet began running, and kept her eyes closed.

When she opened her eyes, she was on a platform. Other kids running around, a few owls flying around. A paper bird even flying around, it was loud. There was laughing, talking, shouts to other people.

"Excuse me, can I take your cart for you Miss?" Violet jumped at the sound of the scratchy, high voice. She looked down at the source of it. It was a creature that wore a small jacket that had the same crest on it as her uniform. It was short, and a brown color. It's eye's were large, like baseball's. Violet took her carry on off of the cart, so she would be able to change in to her uniform later.

"Sure..."She smiled, the small thing took her cart pushing it away. Violet looked towards the train, it was a train that she had never seen before.

It was large, obviously. It was a bright, scarlet red with grey smoke coming out of the engine. The loud whistle that was a warning whistle sounded, so Violet made her way on to the train. Her size gave her a advantage, she pushed through the taller students, looking in to each compartment looking for a empty one. She had no such luck, but at the end, there was one with only one student in it.

"Would you mind if I sit here?" Violet asked, poking her head in the door. The boy shook his head, he had black hair that went every which way. He wore round glasses, the same kind that a few kids at Old Times wore. He had bright green eyes, like her own. Then a strange shaped scar on his forehead.

"Not at all." He smiled, then looking back out the window.

"I'm Violet, Violet Dursley." Violet stated, sitting down next to the door. The boy looked at her for a moment, staring at her for a short moment.

"Dursley?" He asked, raising his eyebrows. "Where are you from?"

"Surrey, at least that was what Marie told me at Old Times Orphanage." Violet said, "Why?"

"I live with my aunt and uncle, their last name is Dursley." He said, looking her up at down. Almost as if he was expecting her to say something awful, "I'm Harry Potter."

The castle that she knew was Hogwarts was tall, and big. The great hall was remarkable too, the ceiling was the same as the sky outside. It was a midnight black, with stars and a big moon. There were a few clouds too, and from the ceiling there were long candles floating there. There were four table, with four different flags floating above them. One of the flags was green and silver with a snake on it, above the table next to that one was a red and gold flag with a lion on it, then, the one next to that one had a blue and bronze flag above it with a eagle on it. Then, the last table was the most interesting to her. There was a yellow and black flag above it, a badger in the center of it.

"Malfoy, Draco," The women, McGonagall called out. Hermione Granger, a girl that Violet had met on the train elbowed her bringing her attention back to the sorting. A boy, with white blonde hair walked past Violet and up the stairs and took a seat on the stool. The hat barley touched his head before it placed him. "Slytherin!" McGonagall removed the hat from his head and he made his way to the table with the green and silver flag. "Weasley, Ronald," Ron walked up the steps, and the hat jumped when it was placed on his head. "Gryffindor!" Ron smiled, and made his way to the table with the other red heads. The flag was red and gold.

"Dursley, Violet," Violet couldn't move, this hat was going to place her in a house where she would live during school for the next seven years.

"Go on, Violet." Hermione sighed, "It'll be fine." She smiled, Violet nodded and made her way to the stool. When she seated herself, she held on to the stool, her knuckles turning white.

"A very calm mind, yes. You find your joy being with friends, you are loyal and humble. But you are also brave...we can expect great things from you, just like your cousin; Mr. Potter." The hat paused, Harry Potter? Harry was her cousin? "I know just what to do with you..." The hat muttered, "Hufflepuff!" Violet jumped off the stool, and smiled. As she walked down the stairs, Hermione smiled. Violet smiled back and made her way to her table. The student's there were cheering more, and another girl who had been sorted in to Hufflepuff had come here. The flag above it was yellow and black, Violet glanced at her tie. It had changed to yellow and black. She smiled as a girl shook her hand.

"I'm Catie Craft, first year as well." Violet smiled, as Catie made room for her. She was the other girl who had been sorted in to the house. "This is Matt Thompson." She said, pointing to a first year boy who sat across from them.

"It's nice to meet you." Violet beamed, she glanced over her shoulder towards the Gryffindor table. Hermione had been sorted, she sat across from Ron. Harry had been sorted as well, he sat next to Ron.

Violet couldn't help but not pay attention to the rest of the sorting, and only clap when everyone else did. Violet recalled everything else, she already was dreading going back to Old Times after the term. She already felt at home, she wasn't the only one that could make things happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
No A/N this time.