Status: This entire book is done, and I am starting book II ! So please, feedback would really be loved!

The Hufflepuff

The Downfall of Old Times

Violet carried a bag of garbage in each hand as she made her way out to the large dumpster that was behind Old Times. Only seven more weeks until term, and she was counting down. She was sixteen now, she would be a sixth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Of course, she hadn't been adopted yet. She probably never would be, but she wasn't completely thought of as a nutter at the orphanage anymore. Infact, a few of the younger children had chosen her to fallow around like a puppy, and look up to. Violet brushed off her hands after she dropped the bags in to the dumpster.

"Violet!" Violet looked back at the old playground, Lucy waved at her from the top of the jungle gym. Lucy was only seven, she had been here since she was only two. She had long pale brown curls that were always up in a ponytail. Her eye's were a hazel color, she was one of the girls that Violet cared about the most. Her plan was that if she was still at Old Times when Violet was eighteen, and a legal adalt in both the muggle world, and the wizard world. She would adopt Lucy. "Violet come play with us!"

"I'm way to big for it, Lucy." Violet smiled as she made her way to the jungle gym. "How about you come inside, you still have to finish your reading for the day."

"But Violet, it's so nice out." Lucy groaned, as she climbed down and then took a hold of Violet's hand. "Can we read out here?"

"You know what Marie said about that last time." Violet frowned, "You have to stay inside, but just until you finish your reading for the day." Violet sighed, it wasn't a lot of reading. It was just a children's book.

The two of them made their way to Lucy's room, then Lucy went and got her book that she was in the middle of and sat down on her bed. Violet sighed, and closed the door behind her and made her way downstairs. On her way, she ran in to Kenny Thomas. He was seventeen, the only reason he wasn't adopted was because of his additude. He was mean, and rude. He had been adopted a few times, but brought back only a few weeks later.

"Hey, nutter." He smirked, fallowing her down the stairs. Violet rolled her eyes, if only he knew that she could jinx him in to the next galaxy. "Still don't talk much, do you?"

"I have nothing to say to you, Thomas." She said in a boerd tone, Kenny had always been mean to her. Ever since she was little, to him, she would always be a nuttter.

"Hm." He sighed, smirking. He had messy brown hair, he had brown eyes and pale skin. "When do you leave to go to that place for nutter's anyways?" He asked, "You know, so you have other crazie's to talk to."

"Shut your mouth, Kenny." Violet snapped, glaring at him. But his eyes were on something behind her, and he seemed more scared then amused. "What are you-" She turned around but then saw what it was. Bellatrix Lestrange and Antonin Dolohov, two of the death eaters that had escaped from Azkaban the year before.

"Violet Dursley..." Bellatrix cackled, crossing her arms and Dolohov smirking behind her.

"Dolohov, start looking..."

"Looking f-for what?" Violet asked.

Bellatrix looked at Kenny, "Take the boy, he might be some help." Antonin walked past Violet and yanking Kenny back up the stairs. "So this is where the ever so talented Violet Dursley lived over holiday?" Bellatrix sneered, "Pitty..."

"What are you looking for, Lestrange?" Violet asked, glaring at her. Bellatrix scoffed.

"Don't take a tone with me, you mudblood!" Bellatrix sneered, raising her wand. Violet regretted not carrieing her around with her.

"Violet, who is this?" Marie asked, stepping out of her office.

"Marie! Run-"

"Avada Kadavra!" Bellatrix shouted, pointing her wand at Marie. Violet watched as the green flame thudded against Marie's chest. Violet felt tears prick her eyes. Marie had been like her mother ever since she could remember. "Tell me where it is, the Hufflepuff cup! Where is it!"

"The what?" Violet choked, "I-I don't know what you are talking about-"

"Crucio!" Violet screamed before the pain even started. The pain was almost like fire taking hold of everything inside of her and twisting it and pulling it tight. "Tell me where it is, you filth!"

"I don't know what you-"

"Violet!" It was Lucy's small voice at the top of the stairs.

"Avada Kadavra!"

"No!" Violet shrieked, as she heard something fall at the top of the stairs. She didn't even have to look, she knew it was Lucy. "I don't know what you are talking about, really! I don't!"

"Stop lieing!" Bellatrix shrieked, looking down at her. "Crucio!" The red flame hit her again, this time more intense then ever. "The dark lord said this was where it is! Now, you will help me find it!" She sneered, pulling Violet's sore, and in pain body up by her hair and pushing her forward towards the stairs. "Where is the kitchen?"

"Up one floor and to the right." Violet said, her hand trying to push Bellatrix's hand away from her head. Bellatrix pushed her up the stairs stairs, and Violet stumbled over the limp body at the top of the stair. Only a few feet infront of them, towards the kitchen was Kenny's limp body. Violet never thought she would feel bad.

"Is it in there?" Bellatrix asked, "Avada Kadavra!" She said, as if it was nothing. Killing a forth person, a older girl who came out to see what was going on.

"It isn't in here, Bella." Antonin frowned as he told Bellatrix, and walked out of the kitchen.

"Did he say where it was?"

"If he had, this place would be in flames by now!" She shrieked, turned around. Her grip on

Violet tightening. "Go get your wand, filth! Then you will show us every single room in this pittyful place, until we find it." Bellatrix ordered, pushing her forward. Violet began running towards her room. When she opened it, she locked it behind her. Not that it would make a difference.
Violet felt tears streaming down her cheeks, Marie was dead, Lucy was dead. Even Kenny was dead, how many more people here were going to die. Violet paced in her room, then got down on her hands and knees and pulled a box out from under her bed. She opened it, there was only one thing Lestrange could be talking about. Violet had found a teacup when she was five, it said Helga Hufflepuff on the bottom. She quickley put on a large hoodie, and then put the cup in the pocket. What would somebody like Voldemort want with a teacup.

"Wand...wand...where did I put it..." Violet said, her voice was shakey. Death eaters were in the orphanage. She found it, and then went to the small closet and opened it, the cage in there held the owl. Lucky, she was a brown barn owl, but looked almost orange. She pulled out a old colored pencil and a old picture she had shoved under her bed;

Death Eaters at Old Times Orphanage. Come quick.


She scribbled Nymphradora Tonks on it and then folded it, Tonks was the only Order member she could think of that would get it right away. Pushed open her window, and then let Lucky out, Lucky took it in her beak and flew off. Violet thought for a moment, forth year when Voldemort returned. Things began to change for the worse. She had always thought about how bad things were going to get, and how fast it would happen.
"Dursley!" Violet quickly closed the window, and turned around just as the doorknob began to glow. Then the door pushed opened, only to reveal Bellatrix Lestrange. "What did you do?" She snapped, looking at the old box, and then rumaging through it. "Crucio! You stupid girl! Where is the cup!" She asked, as the red light hit Violet and made her fall on her back. The sound of her head hitting the hard wooden floor was loud, and the pain that flew through her body was worse. She felt something warm on her stomach, that was the third time she had been hit in her stomach. Bellatrix straddled her, holding her arms down with her knee's and her hands gripping Violets hoodie and shaking her. "Where is it! Tell me where it is, or you will burn to the grand with everyone else!" She shrieked, she grunted when Violet didn't say anything. Violet couldn't say anything, her stomach was bleeding. She hurt, she wanted to just die.

"Kill me...please, just kill me then!" Violet pleaded, Bellatrix smirked. Pointing her wand to the floor. Then a silver dagger appearing. She picked it up, and pushed Violet's messy red hair out of her face.

"I've got a better idea, Dursley." She smiled, her hand grabbed her chin. Her nails sinking in to her skin. A small amount of blood dripping from a few of the places where her nails were. Bellatrix leaned closer and began to carve something in her forehead. Violet scream, she felt the blade glidding across her skin. Making letters, she felt blood dripping out of it. Bellatrix stopped once she was done. "Now, tell me," She paused, when Violet didn't say anything.

"Tell me where the cup is you stupid twit!" She shouted in Violet's face. "Dolohov, start checking the rooms!" She ordered, looking at the door. The man nodded, and turned and ran out. "Tell me where the damned cup is-"

"What do you want with a stupid teacup anyways!" Violet snapped, her voice was weak.

"I never said it was a teacup, Dursley." Bellatrix pointed out, Violet's eyes widened. "So you do know where it is?"

"What does he want with it!"

"It doesn't matter why, he wants it! Now where is it!" She shrieked, Violet shook her head again.

"I don't know where it is." Violet stated, as calmly as she could.

Bellatrix thought for a moment, her sunken in eyes were deep in thought. They seemed to stare straight through Violet. Then she picked up the blade again. Then, she made sure Violet's arm's couldn't move.

"One more chance, Violet." Bellatrix stated, "Where is the cup." She said slowly. When Violet refused to say anything, she brought the tip of the blade down and pushed it through the thin material of the top of her hoodie and dragged it along making yet another letter. "Where is it, Dursley?" Bellatrix asked, loudly over Violet cries of pain. She began on the next letter, and then the next, until there were a total of five letter's. "Violet laid on the floor, she couldn't move. She wouldn't move, she could only look around. Her wand was pushed further under the bed. Blood was dripping out of the top of her chest, her stomach, and her forehead. A pool of her own blood was building up around her.

Bellatrix looked as if she was going to cry. Violet wasn't even friends with Harry, but she wasn't going to aid the man who wanted Harry dead. Even if it meant almost dieing, Harry was the chosen one. Whatever the reason Voldemort needed that teacup was big, and it would only make life more difficult for Harry.

"Why won't you just tell me, Dursley?" Bellatrix asked, "I could end all of this, why is it you won't tell me?" Her voice sounded strained, all she wanted was a cup. Violet wasn't about to give it to her. Violet starred at her, "You may be a smart witch, Dursley. But you aren't strong enough to live through this." She paused, "When this place goes up in flames, you will be right her. Just as useless as ever. Unless," She paused, "You tell me where it is..."

"It isn't here, Bella. It's no where." Antonin stated, as he came back in the door. Violet glanced at the closet, getting Bellatix to think that it was there. She jumped up, and quickly made her way there. She yanked the door, and screamed when she saw the empty owl cage. Violet tried to reach for her wand, but Dolohov stopped her. "Crucio!" The curse made her thrash around on the floor, "What is it, Bella?"

"The Order will be here soon..." Violet managed to say as she caught her breath. Bellatrix came back, when Violet tried to push herself up there was a quiet sound of glass hitting the wooden floor. The quiet sound seemed so loud though, Bellatrix picked it up. Grinning at it then glaring at Violet.

"You litte-" She was cut off by a loud crack, fallowed by six more. "Start the flames, Dolohov! Do it! Do it now!" She shrieked as she appeareated.

Violet felt cold as she laid in her own blood and Antonin qicked started a wall of flames in the hallway and appeareated. Leaving Violet wandless, and hurting. The flames spread quickly. All Violet could do was pull herself up and reach for her wand. The room became hot, she got her fingers around her wand weakly, and pulled it out and sat back. Leaning on her bed. She felt tears roll down her cheeks as she thought of all the children, she hoped they were all dead already. Then she thought of Lucy's lifeless body, and Marie's too, and how they were probably already up in flames.

"Violet! Violet!?" Violet looked up towards the door when she heard Tonks. Then, the flames in front of the door parted and Tonks ran in. Her skin was sickly pale, her eyes a dark dark black, she was skinny, all skin a bones. Her hair was black as well. When her mood got over whelming, or when she wittnessed something horrible, it would get the best of her ability, and her emotions would show on the outside. "Lupin, Mad-eye! I've got her!" She called over her shoulder, "Violet, I got your owl, the order got here as fast as we could." She said, as she helped Violet up.

"Tonks, bring her to the burrow. Molly is waiting." Mad-eye ordered, Tonks nodded. A sickly turning feeling began, and the room began to twist and turn, until it was like they were in a plastic tube, all of the air being pushed out of their body. As soon as their feet hit the ground, Tonks made sure Violet didn't fall.

Violet still felt tears falling down her cheeks. She had never been to the burrow, she had never even spoken to Ron, Hermione, and Harry all that much. After she was sorted in to Hufflepuff, she didn't talk to them more then a hello in class or in the great hall, until the DA began. Then she became closer friends with Hermione and got to know her cousin, Harry, a lot more as well.

"Tonks get her on the couch, go on..." Molly ordered, "Ginny get some more wet towls, please..." The red headed fifth year nodded, and hurried to the kitchen and got some and hurried back. Violet laid down on the couch, her whole body aching. "This might sting a little dear." Molly said, as she pressed the towl on her forehead. Violet flintched.

"Tonks..." Violet said, looking around for her. "Where is Tonks? I need to talk to her..."

"Not right now, you don't." Molly said, as Violet tried to sit up. "You need your rest-"

"Tonks..." Violet said a little louder, Tonks came out of the kitchen. "They wanted the Hufflepuff cup, why did they want it so much?" Violet was so tiered, she couldn't even stay awake for a awnser. Her eyes fell closed, even though they felt extremely swollen from the smoke and the crying.

Her body relaxed, she didn't feel sore at all. But the only thing she could remember was the sound of Lucy falling limply to the ground. The sign in front of Old Times, and more importently...that it was gone. Old Times Orphanage was gone, and so many people were gone with it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Personally, one of my favorite chapters