Love Yourself So No One Has To

Night Drive

I woke up to the smell of bacon. As i stumbled out of bed and threw on Alex's big Ravens hoodie, i heard him whistling the tune to Everlong.
"Morning Babe!" He exclaimed while scooping me into a hug.
"Morning" I giggled. "smells good."
"Well only the best for my lady." He winked.
I smiled to myself. I looked out the window to see the beautiful vast backyard. Filled with trees and luscious green grass.
"It's so beautiful." I whispered.
"wait till i show you around town today!" Alex said excitedly.
After one of the most delicious breakfasts i'd ever had ( who knew a guy who lived on a tour bus could cook), Alex Loaded me into his car to start my tour of Baltimore.
"Theres really not a whole lot to see, but i wanna show you all my special places i go to think and write songs."
"Awesome! I"m sure they are wonderful!" i expressed.
After a about a 30 minute drive Alex pulled over to the side of the road.
"This is it?" I asked confused.
"be patient my dear." He teased.
We continued to walk down a dirt path. It was a beautiful spring day. The sun was shining and the air was just a little brisk. You could smell the trees and the flowers just starting to bloom as they finally started to escape the winter months. Suddenly the path opened up into a beautiful meadow filled with flowers.
"Alex how did you find this place?" I asked surprised.
"I was just walking my dogs one day i found it. I've been coming here for years. Its the place i go when i want to be alone and think." He explained.
"So why are you showing it to me?" I questioned.
"Because you're part of me now and i never want to be without you." He said shyly. He was so cute.
we continued to walk through the beautiful flowers until we sat down in the middle of it all.
The day was perfect. We laid under the sun and watched the clouds pass over head as Alex ripped jokes about how they were shaped like boobs or dicks. The sun was just setting as we watched it fade behind the hill in front. The air was cool and the sky was a beautiful Orange. Everything was perfect.
"I love you more than anything." I said as i leaned over and kissed him.
We made our way back to the car just as the sky went black and the stars came out.
It was one of those night when you were tired, but you could spend the whole night in the car with the perfect song playing as you watched the street lights pass by out the window.
Alex plugged in his Ipod and Night Drive by Jimmy eat world started playing.
I Looked at him and smirked.
"What?" He asked laughing at my smile.
"Nothing, just this song. Its the perfect song for this moment." I sighed.
We stayed in park as the car idled. He looked over at me and smiled.
"wanna get in the back seat?" He asked. I nodded
I sat on his lap in the back as we looked out the sun roof at the stars above. The mood was perfect. I looked up and kissed him gently running my hands over his perfectly sculpted face. Alex pulled a blanket over top of us from the ground keeping us warm. The night was ours.
♠ ♠ ♠
you should really listen to Night drive while reading the car scene :)