Love Yourself So No One Has To

Lets just do it.

As the weeks went on more and more people were messaging me about Jack and I dating. It was starting to get on my nerves because i was dating one of the guys, just not Jack.
"Hey girlfriend!" Jack said punching my arm.
"Jack you're not helping the situation." I said looking around backstage to make sure no one heard him.
"Don't worry Al, it will all blow over soon." Jack reassured me. I hope so. I needed to talk to Alex, maybe if we just told everyone about us, it would be fine.
"Alex! Can I talk to you?" I called as he finished up talking to Danny.
"Yeah sure babe, whats up?"
"I know you're really hesitant to tell everyone about us, but i think it would be better. To be honest everyone saying that Jack and I are dating is starting to piss me off cuz I'm actually dating you." I explained.
"Babe I know it's annoying but trust me if the fans know we're dating you're going to get a lot of hate from it." he said pulling me in for a hug.
"I guess." I whispered.
"We will tell everyone eventually, I promise." He leaned down and kissed me. It was nice we hadn't kissed in public for a while and i was always dying to, but I had to restrain myself. Maybe he was right, maybe we should just wait till the time was right.
"OMG this is going all over tumblr!" I heard some one giggle. I looked up to see a 15 year old girl holding a camera.
"Fuck." Alex whispered under his breath. "Lets go." He demanded, pulling me out of sight.
"what was that all about?" I asked.
"That girl just got a picture of us kissing. In like 5 minutes everyone will be all over it." He said sitting down and putting his head in his hands.
"Babe it's going to be fine." I reassured him rubbing his back.
"Ali, its not me I'm worried about, its you. I know how these girls are they won't let it go and they'll let you know exactly how they feel about." Alex said looking up at me. My phone buzzed, a notification from twitter. Some girl accusing me of stealing her man. Apparently I was a filthy bitch whore who needed to go back to my corner. I threw my phone down with rage.
"Alex they can't control us like this. We have the right to be together! What are we going to do live the rest of our life pretending we're just friends. If we do that they'll just get more annoyed we my-swell make it public." I ranted. Alex looked up at me.
"No thats it, you're right! I'm tired of having to pretend, lets just do it." He said jumping up and wrapping his arms around me. The show was about to start. Alex made his way on stage as I sat down to watch the show.
It was amazing as usual. Jack, Rian and Zack came back to sit with me while Alex started Therapy.
"This song goes out to anyone whos going through a hard time, remember to always be who you are no matter what. Tonight, I'm dedicating this song to my girlfriend, Ali I Love you." The crowd went up in cheers. I was shocked, that was not the way i expected him to tell everyone.