Behind Those Scratches

Bug Bites

"If you stay down there then you will get bug bites, and then you will start itching everywhere." I turn my head to the side to see Danny standing there, looking down at me.

"So, I don't care, I just feel like laying here and looking at the clouds.. Might as well come and lay with me." Danny gave a sigh, but still came and laid down beside me.

We were in our backyard, and together we lay there just looking up to the cloud fill sky. We were quiet but the sounds of life still went on, animals making noise, people being loud, and traffic still going on, yet it was still somewhat peaceful between Danny and I.

It felt like a nice break from everything that has been happening. School just seems to be worse than usual. Teachers are piling on more and more homework, rumors are becoming worse and worse, and the students, don't even get me started.

I looked forward to the ending of school, when the long breaks come and then summer vacation will be here, and I will be moving on to college life and I'll finally be out of this place.

But that's in the future, for now I will endure school, and everything that goes with it.

As my thoughts roam all around this, I can't help but think about Seth Xano. I always find my mind drifting to him.

I think about how the rumors have changed about him again, now he is no longer loved, he is feared once again, and it's like the beginning of the year all over again.

The only thing that hasn't changed at all it seems is Seth himself, I mean he still does the same thing everyday, he hasn't changed at all for anybody or anything, and in a way I guess I have to admire that.

"Dinner!" I hear my mom shout. Danny and I both get up dusting ourselves off and then heading inside.

During dinner I started scratching my arm, when I was about to in the shower I saw myself in the mirror, and I saw all the bug bites.. Danny was right.