Behind Those Scratches

Movie Ticket

Tonight was the night of the dance. I told Stephanie to say hi to everybody for me, since I had made my mind up about not going.

Instead I was going to take Daniel to a new movie that had just come out. When the movie was over I would go for a run, then after the run I would finish off the night with the homework I had left before going to bed.

Yeah, I know, it was going to be a great Friday night. I didn't care much though, it was something I had felt like doing.

"Allison, are you ready to go?" My little brother was standing in the doorway of my bedroom.

Unlike most boys his age, Daniel's hair was perfectly brushed, not a hair out of place, his clothes weren't dirty or roughed up, but neatly tucked in, his blue eyes were bright compared to my darker ones, and he had our mother's chestnut brown hair. He was a like a wordless angel.

"Yeah, let's go." We head out to my BMW baby, then head off to the theater.

I paid for the tickets, and got some candy to split between Daniel and I while he went and got us some seats.

Daniel was a kid at heart, even though he didn't like to show it. That's probably why we were seeing that new Ice Age movie.

I settled down into the seat next to Daniel just as the lights started to dim.

Those Scratches that You Wear...


Daniel left the theater smiling. I had, had a feeling that he would like the movie. I myself thought the movie was pretty good as well.

We were taking a back exit to get to my car faster, but we had to stop to let another movie that had just ended go by. I looked up to see what movie was playing. It was the new movie that had just come out called That's My Boy

I had seen previews about the movie, and I thought that it had looked interesting and maybe a little funny, but I hadn't had the chance to actually go and see it yet.

The last few people were walking out, so I slowly pushed Daniel forward, so that we could get to the exit. We were at the door, when it just opened.

I looked around and saw a finger-less gloved hand pushing the door open for us. I looked up the long arm and to the dark hooded face of Seth Xano, the boy that seems to pop up everywhere.

"Uh, thank you." It was the best response that I could come up with at the moment, surprise had taken over me.

I saw the hood nod, and Daniel and I walked through the door. Seth had to of come from that movie that we had just let pass by, they were the only other people by this exit.

Seth followed us through the exit and once we were all out, Seth turned in the opposite direction of us and started walking away.

"Wait!" He turned slightly and looked back to us. I looked down at Daniel in curiosity, wondering why he had yelled.

Daniel walked over to Seth, "Thank you for opening the door for us, and you also dropped this." Daniel handed Seth back a movie ticket.

For a minute nothing was said, before Seth's deep voice emitted from the shadow of his hood.

"Thank you." They both turned opposite directions after and started walking.

Daniel made his way back to me. He stopped a couple feet in front of me and looked at me pointedly.

"Are you ready to leave." I nodded, and we headed back to my car.