Status: Sometimes I don't update this story very often, but I will do my best to update as often as possible with everything that is going on.

Steal My Soul

Chapter Twenty-Two

-Michael’s P.O.V~

I waited restlessly in the alley between two old, worn down buildings that had long since been abandoned and ransacked for its remaining goods. The sun had set beneath the horizon of the sky hours ago as my patience started wearing thin with waiting. Typically I could stand by for hours—days, even—if need be, but this was one thing I could not wait forever on. I had been very specific with my instructions as to where to meet so there was absolutely no excuse why she was ta—

“Sorry, I’m late,” a voice purred behind me. Chills ran down my spine at the seductive tone. I turned around to face the mouth of the alleyway watching as the silhouetted female figure stalked towards me; her hips swaying with each step she took forward.

“I do not take kindly to waiting on your species,” I bit out feeling ashamed of myself somewhere deep inside that I had even resorted to this. Even in the pitch black darkness of the alley I could see the demoness roll her eyes at my tone.

“You’re sacrificing a lot by calling out to me for help. What is it you desire, little angel boy?” she teased running a pointed nail down my chest. I batted her hand away trying to suppress the way my skin crawled from her sharp touch.

“I have a feeling that no matter what I say or do, that demon bastard will somehow sway my love to stay on his side,” I hissed wondering what sort of lies he was whispering in Leighra’s ear at this very moment. No doubt she was naïve to believe each and every word his viper tongue spoke.

“Watch it, angel, that’s my master you dare to insult,” the demoness hissed at me in warning. My eyes flashed a brilliant blue in the black of the night threatening the disgusting, immoral path she called a life.

“Are you saying you want a human as your future queen?” I snapped bitterly. Her yellow eyes narrowed into dark, angry slits.

“What is it you need my help with?” she growled not liking the fact that I was the dominant over her.

“I need for you to do what you do best,” I replied with a wicked smirk.

“And if I refuse?”

My hand encircled her slender neck as I slammed the demoness back against the brick alley wall causing the building to shake from the impact. I dug my fingers into the sides of her jawline forcing her to gasp out with pain. Her once pearly white teeth transformed into sharp, black daggers that dripped a foul, thick pearlescent white liquid. A hoarse, demonic growl emitted from deep within the demoness’ throat that was quickly cut off as I applied just a slight amount of pressure to her esophagus. Amber yellow eyes deepened into a ruby red; I stared into those large pools of blood that were her eyes and brought my face nearer to hers. She struggled within my grasp, her talon-like nails clawing at the flesh of my hand and arm.

“You don’t have an option,” I answered in a low, menacing voice. I forced her eyes to lock on with mine as I played the image of her demise in my mind so that she could witness the wrath of the highest archangel if she were to refuse.

As soon as her eyes lightened back to a piercing yellow that shone with fear, I released her from my hold and allowed her body to quivering body to crumple to the floor.

“Now go and do as I ordered. I will not tell you again,” I snapped. She quickly stood to her feet and disappeared with a burst of flames and a thick, black smoke that polluted the air with the stench of sulfur.

If Leighra had just agreed to come with me; if she had just allowed me to save her soul then none of this would have had to happen. However, she left me with no choice. It had to be done. I couldn’t just sit idly by and watch as the one He created for me was lost to the devil’s son. There were many souls I would be willing to possibly let go, but this one I refused to let slip from my grasp. Leighra was MINE to have and only mine.

In time, she would come to see that, too.

************************************************************************

Three Days Later

-Leighra’s P.O.V~


I was sitting on the couch watching some B-Rated movie made only for Syfy when Natalie entered into the apartment softly humming to one of the songs on her iPod. She tossed her car keys onto the table beside the door and hung her jacket up on the coat rack. Without so much as glancing my way, my roommate glided into the kitchen and pulled open the refrigerator door. She grabbed out the orange juice that had her name written all over the container with the warning ‘drink it and die’ and poured herself a glass. As the song on her iPod ended, she removed her ear-buds and met my curious gaze.

“What?” she snapped moving over to situate herself next to me on the couch.

“Nothing,” I shrugged turning my eyes back to the movie. I was still unsure about the title…or the plot…or, well, just what the overall movie was about. “I just don’t typically hear you sound so…happy unless you are watching someone get mutilated in a horror movie.”

She shot a glare at me from the corner of her eye.

“Who says I’m happy?”

“No one I guess,” I quietly admitted. “You just came into the apartment humming and stuff so I assumed—”

“Well, maybe you should stop assuming things. You’re wrong.”

I stared, unblinking, at her for a while wondering if she was being serious with me or not. Even after knowing her for all this time I was still unable to tell if half the things she said to me were serious or just her being a rude bitch. Figuring it just wasn’t worth the fight, I went back to watching the movie although my mind decided it wanted to focus on other things such as the discussion Luc and I had had the other day. I knew for a fact that he and Michael were both telling me the truth or as close to the truth that they knew. Even with all that Michael had told me—with Luc confirming it—I only wanted Luc. Who was Michael to suddenly swoop into my life months after I had given up my soul and decide what I should or shouldn’t do with it? If he thought I was just going to swoon into his arms at his arrival even after having spent so much time with Luc and discovering the kind of man he was then the archangel had another think coming. No matter how many times he batted those dark lashes nor how long he bore those cerulean blue eyes into mine…I would not give up on Luc. I was determined to make him feel once again and turn him into the man I know he is inside.

“What in the fuck are we watching?” Natalie questioned pointing towards the television. I was pulled out of my thoughts to see a creature with the head of a great white shark and legs of an octopus jumping out of the water to terrorize people on land. My curiosity having been piqued, I quirked a brow as I watched the scene play out. The whole thing was so dramatic and ridiculous, Natalie and I burst out into laughter from the cheesy blood and fake, petrified screams from the CGI monster.

“I have no idea,” I admitted putting the volume on mute as the movie went to commercial break. I removed my phone from the depths of my pocket and checked the screen to see if I had missed any calls or messages, but there was nothing. I released a disappointed sigh hoping work had at least called needing me to come in or something. Anything to relieve this boredom.

“Why not call your parents and let them know about the engagement?” Natalie suggested noticing me staring sadly down at my phone.

I made a dejected noise in the back of my throat. “Nah, I might wait until later.”

“You should do it now,” she urged reaching out to grab at my phone. I jerked it out of her reach; my eyes wide in disbelief.

“Don’t touch my phone,” I warned keeping it out of her reach. “I’ll call them when I’m ready.”

“If you don’t call them…I will,” Natalie threatened. I let out a forced laugh.

“You don’t even know their number.”

“Not yet.” A wicked grin spread across her flawless face. I narrowed my eyes in suspicion wondering what evil plans she had flowing through that evil mind of hers at the moment.

The smile slowly slid from her face as she turned to look back at the television raising a curious brow.

“I think they’re showing previews for a Johnny Depp movie,” she noted. At the mention of one of my favorite actors, I whipped my head towards the screen so that I might identify which movie it was they would be playing. Seconds after I had turned my head, Natalie dove across me and snatched my phone from my hand.

“Bitch!” I hissed reaching for my phone.

“Jerk!” she snapped back rolling off the couch to land on her hands and feet as she stumbled to get to her feet and run off down the hallway. Before she could make it into the dining room, I jumped over the back of the couch and landed on her back. We both fell to the floor from the impact, Natalie groaning from having all of my weight being thrown onto her.

“Get off me you cow!” she grunted tossing me off her back. I flipped onto my knees and crawled along the kitchen floor to reach her outstretched hand that held my phone in its tight grasp. I smacked my phone from her hand making the device skitter across the slick kitchen floor; the cell smacked against one of the counters next to the fridge. Natalie and I exchanged dark looks challenging one another to make it to the phone first.

Still on my hands and knees, I began to quickly make my way over to the phone. Natalie circled her slender fingers around my ankle and yanked on my foot causing my leg to slide out from beneath me. I crashed to the ground as Natalie climbed to her feet and darted over to the phone. As she reached down to snatch the phone, I shot my arm out and grabbed at her arm to jerk it away from the phone. She stumbled and fell to her butt as I triumphantly regained my phone; the small device light in the palm of my hand as I laughed happily at having won. However, my victory was short lived as Natalie tackled me back to the ground and straddled my back. She pinned my face to the floor with one hand while the other grabbed my wrist with the phone in it. She pulled my arm back to take the phone out of my hand before quickly scrambling to her feet and slamming her foot down into the center of my back to keep me pinned to the floor while she scrolled through my list of contacts.

“Goddamn it, Natalie, I’m gonna—”

She placed the phone to my ear with a smile.

“It’s ringing,” she grinned removing her foot from my back. I snatched the phone out of her hand and was about to cuss her out when a familiar voice answered the call.

“Hey, Mom…” I nervously laughed.

Natalie was doubled over by the counters laughing her ass off while I glared daggers at her as my mom chatted away about the recent things that had happened in the past couple of months.

I guess if anything I should just be glad she only called my mom and not my dad. Things may have gone a lot worse…for Natalie…if she had.

I took a deep breath. Well…it was now or never, I suppose.

************************************************************************

Two Days Later

-Luc’s P.O.V~


“Hey, Riri, do you know what I did with my…” My voice drifted off as I turned to look at my friend. I had been looking for black turtleneck to wear on the date my parents had set up for Leighra and me for tonight. I had nearly turned my room upside down looking for the article of clothing, forcing my friend Shabriri to help, only to turn around and find said piece of clothing…on Riri.

I pinched the bridge of my nose and exhaled slowly through my mouth as I looked over at the demon who wore my shirt. The turtleneck engulfed his tiny frame as he flitted about the room flapping the excess length of the strings like a bird in flight.

“Riri…what are you doing with my turtleneck?” I asked trying my damnedest not to laugh at the sight of a vicious demon running around the room pretending to act like a fairy. Shabriri stopped in mid-step on my bed twisting his body around to glance at me with a sheepish grin.

“Um…nothing…” he lied hopping down off the bed and peeling the shirt from his back. I snatched the turtleneck from his hands and sent him a disapproving stare before sliding it on over my head.

“Do you know how long I was looking for this? It took up half of my getting ready time,” I groaned sneaking a quick peek at the clock. Fortunately, I still had about an hour until she arrived. After I had told her about the last minute date night my parents had set up for us—although it was mostly as a congratulatory thing for keeping her on our side—I made sure she knew how to use the engagement ring I gave her to enter into Hell. Watching her face light up with a smile at knowing her ring had more than one purpose made me feel like I had finally done something right for once.

“So, what pants are you gonna wear? Not that I mind you in just a turtleneck and boxers,” Riri grinned flashing his rows of pointed teeth. He was lying face down on my bed, feet propped up in the air kicking back and forth, while his ropelike tail swung lazily around his body.

“I don’t know. I kind of want to go for a casual look, but still appear…nice. Does that make any sense?” I grumbled shaking my head at my own ridiculous words.

The demon rolled his eyes as his lips peeled back from his teeth in a snarl.

“Are you even hearing yourself right now? You’re fretting over your appearance for a human. You should be tossing her to the hellhounds for them to prey upon her flesh rather than going on a date with their meal,” Shabriri scoffed hopping up to his feet; hands that had curled into fists rested angrily on the demon’s hips.

“Look, Shabriri, I already told you. She’s my fiancée and chosen soul. You either get used to her presence now or I’ll feed you to the hellhounds. You know they favor the taste of demon flesh that has been marinated with bitterness, rage, and jealousy,” I snapped as a retort. My friend stamped his foot in a tantrum as he left my bedroom. I shook my head knowing he’d probably return sooner rather than later as I headed into my closet to search for a suitable pair of jeans.

After rummaging through my various styles of jeans, slacks, and sweats, I finally found a few pair to try on with the shirt and see which one would look best. I heard the quiet click of my bedroom door signaling that someone had entered my room. Figuring it was Riri returning after he had cooled off from his minor tantrum, I slipped into the first pair of pants. They were a pair of dark blue jeans that fit snugly around my hips and flared out around my feet. I had my head down trying to button the pants as I exited my closet.

“Hey, Riri, what do you think of th….” My voice trailed off for the second time that day as I lifted my head from buttoning my jeans to discover it was, in fact, not Riri that had entered into my room.

“You’re not Shabriri…Lilitu,” I said my tone void of any emotion. I watched through wary eyes as Lilitu stepped graciously over the multiple piles of clothing I had strewn about the floor. The long slit in her forest green gown slipping back to reveal her long pale legs as she stalked closer to me. The thick straps of her dressed continuously fell off her shoulders no matter how many times she futilely attempted to right them. I kept my eyes locked on with her glowing amber eyes as she stopped inches away from me. The demoness was considerably shorter than myself, but that did not take away from her radiating beauty.

“Indeed I am not your loyal pet,” she smirked tracing a black painted nail across my chest. I grabbed her hand and threw it off me with a growl, yet all she did was smile.

“Come now, Lucy, you can’t stand there and act like you don’t remember all the fun times we had,” she giggled rubbing her body against mine. I clenched my teeth together in anger as I squeezed my eyes shut trying to block out the images she was trying to put into my head.

She took my hand in hers and placed the heavy weight of her breast into my hand with her moaning at my touch. I flung my hand away from her body and pushed her aside to head for the door in order to look for Riri, Rafe, anyone other than her.

“No you don’t,” she growled slamming the door shut telepathically before I could reach it. The handle disappeared from sight moments before my body flew through the air to crash on top of my mattress. I didn’t even have the chance to get up before Lilitu had straddled her lithe body across mine and pinning me down to the bed using only the powers of her mind. You would figure that there would be no demon stronger than the son of Satan himself, but you’d be thinking wrong. I had powers of my own, but none that could overpower a succubus that had fallen from the heavens with my father so very long ago. None of my powers would reach their full potential until my father bestowed the title of Satan upon my name. Until then, I was just like any other demon; the older a demon was the more power they had and my powers were nothing compared to Lilitu’s.

She dragged black painted nails down the length of my chest cutting through the fabric of my turtleneck. She ripped the shirt from my body with her bare hands pressing searing hot kisses across my collarbone and up the length of my neck. I turned my face as far away from hers as possible, but she firmly gripped my jaw in her tiny hand to yank it back forcing me to stare up into amber eyes that glowed with hatred and jealousy.

“Now,” she softly began digging her claws into the flesh of my cheeks. I could feel the warmth of my own blood trickle down my face as she pressed her nails deeper into my skin. “Let’s have some fun shall we?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't forget to read Chapter 21! I posted two chapters today so be sure you caught up with chapter 21 xD

Please leave me a comment!! Chapter 23 will be posted later this evening PROMISE!! So just hold out for a few more hours, mmkay? :D