Status: Update every Sunday unless i suffer from serious writer's block!

Blood

Chapter 17

Blood.

Chapter 17.

Once the feeling of shock and embarrassment abandoned my body,my brain could register my grandma's presence in the room.
“Hi gr-grandma”i stuttered.
Silence followed for a couple of seconds until Gerard saved the day (and my ass) by breaking it.
“I'll leave you two alone.”he said and left the room.
Nice going moron,now you will have to explain to your grandma why you were kissing a dude and not just anyone. Gerard Way for crying out loud.
I didn't know what to say, or rather how to say it. Would just saying “Grandma I'm gay” be too straight forward? How did I tell her that Gerard was the man who I loved and the fact that I was attracted to guys instead of girls?
My mind was working on overload and it was driving me insane. I was loosing it and nothing was helping me.
Grandma seemed to have sensed that and took a seat in that orange chair Gerard had been sitting for the past week.
“Look grandma,what you saw...I guess I have to explain some things to you.”i said looking at my hands while playing with my thumbs.
Stress was taking over my body and my heart was beating faster than the speed of light. It's velocity was making me dizzy.
I felt her rest her hand on my shoulder giving me strength to say what I had to say.
“It's okay my dear. Go on.”she said and gave me a reassuring smile.
“What...what you saw before. I don't know how to say this. You see I am attracted to guys. I am gay.”i said finally admitting it.
When I saw that on her face instead of the disappointment that I had been expecting was a kind and understanding smile,i sighed a sight of relief.
“Aww honey I'm so proud of you. I don't love you any less now,you have to know that. Besides I thought you and Gerard were cute together from the first time I saw you together back I my hospital room.”she said and hugged me.
“Have I ever told you,you are the best grandmother in the entire world?”i asked hugging her back.
She just giggled and nodded her head.
“So...are you boys a thing?”she asked after pulling away from the hug and leaning back to her chair.
“Um...yeah actually. He is my boyfriend. I really love him grandma. He makes me happy and he has been there for me after what happened with dad and all.”i blushed.
“My dear Franklin I am so happy for you. You absolutely deserve to have someone as special as that boy is after everything that you have been through.”she said sending me a sympathetic yet kind smile filled with love.
“Thank you grandma. You can't imagine how much this means to me,to hear you say all of that. Now Gerard told me you had something to tell me and that's one of the reasons you are here,well besides wanting to see me.”
She nodded her head and took a deep breath before reaching into her bag. She got a big file out of there and handed it to me.
“What is this?”i asked being completely clueless.
My eyes were resting on the brownish thick cover that had my name on it when grandma spoke.
“It's you custody papers.”she said making my head snap to look at her.
“My custody papers?”I asked confused. What did that even mean? And what was she doing with that.
“Well since you are underage and after what your father did to you,you cannot live over there anymore and someone has to look after you. Well only until you turn eighteen. So I filled in for you custody.”she said.
I stayed silent for a bit taking it all in and thinking about it.
“Does that mean I will be living with you?”i asked,
“Yeah honey. Since you are turning seventeen now you will only have to live with me for a year and then you can choose whether you want to find your own place or continue to live with me. I will be by your side whatever your choice might be.”
Wow,my life was turning and changing so fast that I couldn't comprehend it. What my granny had just said to me sounded like a perfect dream to my ears. A life away from drama and tarantula with my grandmother,friends and Gerard. It seemed too good to be true. Like something was going to go wrong.
I shook my head. For once in my life I needed to get rid of all that useless negativity that was hunting me. What could go wrong anyway?
“Thank your grandma. It makes me happy to know that I have you by my side. I love you grandma.”i said and reached out to hug her.
She hugged me back and by the time we pulled out of it we were both in tears.
Great! I was crying again.
“I love you too Franklin. You and your mother are the best thing that has happened to me. I am sure she would be proud of you.”she said while wiping the tears from her eyes.
“You think so?”i asked. I really doubted that mom would be proud of the failure that I have become.
“I am absolutely sure Frank. You have been through hell and still you made it.”she said and kissed me on the cheek.
I smiled weakly at her and turned my head to the door.
“You can come in now Gee.”i said and as soon as the words flew out of my mouth the door opened and a tomato faced Gerard walked into the room with his head bent down low showing his embarrassment.
My grandma chuckled and got out of her chair. She walked up to Gerard and looked at him with a serious face. I am pretty sure he died back then. Grandma raised her hand and Gee flinched.
He seriously though she was gonna hit him or something but when she actually hugged him,his mouth fell to the floor. Hesitating he hugged her back and smiled at me.
“Take care of my grandson or else I am gonna chop you into pieces.”she threatened him.
Gerard nodded his head in terror before we all started laughing.
Everything was so great.
What could possibly ruin this?
♠ ♠ ♠
so what do you guys think?
I'm sorry i didn't upload earlier BUT I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT IT!
I know how could i? *shakes head with shame*
Anyway i hope you liked it and i want to inform you that the next chapter will be a bit different as it is going to be from Gerard's pov,you will see why.
Please subscribe and comment to let me know what you think.

I love you all,
xoxo~H