Status: Completed! Sequel?

Friendly Affections

Chapter Three (REVISED)

The moment Jodie walked out the door silence engulfed my apartment and left it unbearable. I flipped on the television to fill the gap she had left, usually full of her boisterous words and actions as she flit from room to room comfortable like she was in her own home. I already missed her which was ironic since I had, only moments before, kicked her out.
I tried to resist looking out the window but failed, and I watched her hurry down the sidewalk, dark pony tail and curved hips swinging. I knew she was crying, that was no secret, I had saw it on her face just like the first time I had met her. At least her tears made it apparent she was suffering too.
But she couldn’t hurt the way I hurt because it had been her actions and desires that had initiated our falling out. She couldn’t hurt the way I hurt because, unlike me, she was going home to someone else. I was alone in my apartment with no one but myself and my thoughts.
I ached to hold her, pressed her against me and lie still on my perfectly made bed that we would take time to mess up later. But that night my bedding would stay intact, since I was alone and irritated with the only person who might tear my sheets from the mattress.
But she had left and my sex life was shot because I had gone and fallen in love with a girl who didn’t fall back. A girl who didn’t fall back because she had given her heart away to someone else, and had told me from the beginning of our fling that she was his, and would always remain that way. But I hadn’t listened.
Assuming she returned my feelings, I didn’t think she would run back to him once he was back—I was wrong. I also didn’t think it would hurt as much as it did—I was wrong, again. It hurt like Hell. Almost as if a weight settled in the middle of my chest making it hard to breathe.
Just friends, I remembered her words exactly, as I watched her lips hungrily and tried to focus on her and not the over whelming lust I was feeling for voluptuous body and foxy eyes.
Just friends, I remembered her stating again, with a little less confidence as our eyes met and I felt something deeper stir that wasn’t in the lower region of my body and was more of a jolt in my chest.
Just Friends, I told myself daily as she drew closer and closer and I fell harder and harder, never imagining my love for her might be unrequited.
“Just Friends”, I growled as I shut of my television, grabbed my keys and left my apartment.
♠ ♠ ♠
As you've probably noticed, this story is alternating between past and present, and also the viewpoints or Jack and Jodie. The present chapters will generally be shorter than the past chapters, since the present are mostly about the way each character is feeling, and the past chapter is the history between them.
Thanks for reading, I can't believe this has 8 subscribers!!!
Comment and recommend please!,
-Cathy