Status: Completed! Sequel?

Friendly Affections

Chapter Seven (REVISED)

It was sick how even weeks after Jodie waltzed out of my life I was still assaulted by her memory. Like, when I got into my car the morning after our fight “Eye of the Tiger” by Survivor thrummed loudly through my speakers instantly reminding me of the time she had drank a little to much, shed her clothes and then decided to choreograph a dance to it. Or how, even after she had claimed to had gotten all her things out of my apartment, I found what I knew to be a favorite pair of her yoga pants tossed behind my dresser. Not to mention the lone box of Special K in my kitchen cupboard, which I had no taste for but didn’t want to waste by throwing away.
She hadn’t contacted me once since she had left crying. Not a visit, not a phone call, not even a text. I shouldn’t had been so shocked by her cutting me out of her life, especially since she had to be well aware I was in love with her, but it was stilling jarring how she could so easily toss out the friendship we had.
Her disregard for me only proved I had really only been a filler in her life until Mark was back. I briefly wondered whether or not she would call me up once he shipped out again and, even though it seemed highly unlikely, I secretly hoped she would. As terrible as she left me feeling, I still craved her.
I spoke to Kate a few times when I saw her in the presence of my teammates, but she avoided the subjected Jodie all together. She made awkward small talk with me and begged with her eyes that I not mention her sister. So I didn’t. My friends told me all I needed to do was go to a club, have a few drinks and wander home with one the women bound to throw them self at me. A good, drunken, one night hook up could cure any lovesick man.
I couldn’t, and didn’t want to, explain to them the pleasure of being with someone familiar. I knew every inch of Jodie’s skin, I’d found all of her hidden freckles and scars and every curve of her was imprinted into my mind. I knew what things drove her crazy, like kissing her anywhere behind the ear or her collarbone would cause her to drag me down onto the first flat surface she could find. I always knew what I was doing was right, because I knew her. I was prevented of that when I had sex with someone I didn’t know.
Which, as much credit as I give myself, I am a guy and I was tempted more than once to follow my teammate’s suggest and opt for a one night girl. Some sex to ease a bit of the pressure I was feeling with Jodie's absence and a looming NHL lock out, but something about rolling around in a bed and moaning with a girl who didn’t know I liked being the little spoon while cuddling afterwards was unappealing.
I just wanted Jodie back in my life. And my bed. Especially my bed.