Status: I'm not writing that frequently at the moment, but I'm trying. I'd love some comments, or any kind of feedback! :D

Accept Me or Except Me

Pride - Lee

Gay Pride. What can I say? It was awesome.

The event started later than you’d expect, so we went to a bar beforehand. Not just any bar – the town’s finest gay bar. It was… what you’d expect, really. Booty short wearing men were swinging themselves on poles in the red, dusty room. There was a dance floor in the middle, a bar at the top and pretty cute guys. Seriously cute. Like, “why-can’t-I-touch-that?” cute.

Instead, I nestled into Danny’s side, who had his arm around me. His other hand was soon filled with a beer. I don’t ever want to drink again. Especially after last time…

Danny soon forgot about his beer and tugged me to the dance floor, where we danced together next to Laurence and Matt who were more than enjoying themselves. Matt really looked like he wanted to be with Laurence forever, so I was happy for him, but… I don’t know. Maybe when I knew he loved me it was nice, because I felt loved by not one but two people, but I couldn’t be with Matt if I tried, which I wasn’t, because Danny has my full attention.

* * *

After an hour or so, the event started. It was an evening festival, so I texted my Dad quickly to tell him where I was. It was in a big field, and there were metal fences all around the festival grounds, except the entrance was a big stand that connected them. The fences were beautiful. They’d been spray painted to be rainbow colored.

Once we’d paid our two bucks to get in, we looked around in awe. There were stands everywhere and a stage at the end. There were a few bar-like tents – some were over 21s, some were over 18s and the rest were all ages. I wondered what the difference between them was. Alcohol, I bet. Still, 18 year olds are old enough for strippers.

Since I hadn’t had my freaking birthday yet, we stayed outside and looked at the big stage, where a lot of variety acts and Lady Gaga tributes were performing. I kept getting winks and the occasional ass-slap, which I didn’t like, but Danny didn’t mind, so why should I?

We eat, danced and laughed together, the four of us. It was kind of weird, though. Even though we were clearly two separate couples, it felt like we were merging into a polygamous relationship. I pushed the thought aside and enjoyed the evening.

The music was pretty loud, so I could hardly hear Danny when he whispered in my ear, “Laurence and I are gonna go to the over 18s tent, is that OK? I want to see what it’s like.”

I didn’t want him to leave, but it was our first Gay Pride, so I didn’t want him to miss out on anything for me. “It’s fine, baby. I’ll stay with Matt, that sound good?”

“Sure, babe.”

I got into a really interesting conversation with Matt about stereotypes. We both agreed, but we were throwing opposite arguments at each other all the time. I could be in the debate team.

The music seemed to die down as I glanced over Matt’s shoulder to see someone looking at me, looking very uncomfortable in his surroundings. Dad.

I was about to go and talk to him, when I felt arms wrap around my waist. Danny’s lips were on my ear. “I’m back, babe. It wasn’t any fun without you.”

I didn’t reply. It was only when he looked up that he realized that my Dad was there. His blood was boiling underneath his face’s skin. This wasn’t supposed to happen. Not at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short, but my friend's party's tonight so I don't have much time before then. I hope you liked it!

Guys, I've noticed a definite lull in the comments. I'm not in this for the lulz.