Status: I'm not writing that frequently at the moment, but I'm trying. I'd love some comments, or any kind of feedback! :D

Accept Me or Except Me

Camp and All - Danny

Matt really had made too much of an effort for Laurence. While everyone else was in casual attire, he was in a sharp black suit. The blazer had no buttons, revealing a silky black shirt with an open collar, which then revealed a black necklace that hugged his neck. The look made him look older than the seven year old he usually portrayed.

I wore a red and blue checkered shirt, lumberjack style, hanging over my ripped blue jeans. Lee wore a gray v-neck t-shirt and a pair of tighter jeans, and Laurence smiled, wearing a white t-shirt, black pinstripe waistcoat with the tightest black jeans I have ever seen on a man. They looked good.

We sat at a fine black table near the door and a big window which overlooked the pale yet dark evening. The restaurant we went to was one of those fastfood places that try and be fancy. The walls were a forest green with portraits and big murals of flower-like shapes on them in gold, white and pink.

I noticed Laurence and Matt were holding hands, which I strangely thought was sweet. I’d never thought a couple as ‘sweet’ before, but whatever. Laurence and I went to order like the gentlemen we were. I say gentlemen because we’re clearly tops. After waiting in line for a bearable five minutes, we ordered and returned to the candle-lit table with our trays of fries, burgers and nuggets. The food didn’t match the restaurant at all.

“So how’s life been, men?” Laurence said like some sort of old general. Before we could answer, he leaned closer, with his hands clasped together and his elbows on the table. “How is life? How does life exist? How are we here? Why are we here? What was fate thinking when it put my parents together and chose my particular sperm to be successful? What is the reason for my existence? What is the answer? God only knows,” he paused, “if he exists, that is.”

“I personally think that the ‘meaning of life’ is reproduction. More life,” said Lee thoughtfully. “Saying that, I’ve never wanted kids of my own. Of course I want to be a father, but there are so many orphans and kids in adoption agencies who deserve homes and more importantly, parents. Why bring another life into this world when I could save one? That’s why my family didn’t get Lucky, my dog, – stupid name, I know – from the pound rather than a breeder.”

Laurence nodded, taking all the information Lee was giving him playfully, while Matt looked at him with a little awe. He was interested in what Lee had said, and maybe he was still had a little crush on him, but he only felt that way for a few days, and his feelings towards Laurence will surely build quickly, and he feels more for him than Lee now anyways.

“Can we stop this philosophical shit now and just eat?” I asked.

“Phil-o-soph-i-cal,” Laurence dragged out. “That’s a big word for you, ain’t it, mate?” he said playfully.

I rolled my eyes. I knew I was the dumbest one in the group. Lee was smart and mature, Matt was smart, Laurence was pretty mature in his own way, and I was kind of smart, and about half as mature as Laurence was. That was a major improvement compared with last week.

Suddenly, Laurence removed a small flat cap from his bag and placed it on his head and wrapped a modern scarf around his neck. It looked good, and went with his clothes, but he just beamed at us with no explanation.

“Wha-” Lee began, but Laurence started rambling.

“I thought you’d never ask – a full three seconds you had me waiting. Basically, I’m dressed like this because Matt wants to come out, am I right Matt?” Matt nodded. “And I wanted to show him how people would react by acting coupley, camp and all. If it turns out well, that’s great. If it doesn’t, then Matt knows I’ll help him through it. The scarf and hat help me stay in character.”

I looked at him before Laurence turned to Matt, grabbed his ears and slammed his lips to his. Laurence was engrossed in Matt’s mouth, while Matt widened his eyes in amazement before joining in. They were having, as Laurence would say, “a pretty hot snog”. Matt’s right hand found Laurence’s neck and his left Laurence’s thigh. I gave Lee a peck on the cheek so we didn’t look awkward, and finally the two pulled away. Laurence was grinning like a lunatic and Matt’s face had returned to its shocked state.

Laurence looked around to see if people were looking. Most people didn’t notice, some didn’t mind and a couple of guys looked disgusted. There were some though, that looked like the two were like panda bears, with “aw” plastered on their faces.

“See, Matt?” Laurence gestured at the people. “No-one cares and the ones that do: fuck them. Well, I’d rather you fuck me, but I’m not one to judge.”

Matt looked uncomfortable with Laurence’s bluntness for a second before laughing it off and going back in for another kiss. This time Lee and I mirrored them exactly. I wondered what would become of the four of us after school. I didn’t think for long because soon Lee’s tongue was tickling every corner of my mouth.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi! I am writing again! Woo!

I've been reading some more of Digitallace's Drarries and they are so good. I even want to write my own Harry Potter fanfic, but I have this and then Straight Pride to write so I can't add too much to my queue; tell me what you think, because there's no harm in adding it!