Status: breathing

Collisione

collision one

Her smiles falling snow flakes, her words candy cane, her presence a holiday; all a bullet to his chest. “It’s a beautiful day, Killian.” She’d take a step into the world he’d never seen. “It’s a beautiful day, a beautiful year. C’mon Killian, c’mon.” He’d take in her words and eyes, the fierce joy in her retina screaming a thousand roars. “It’s Christmas. Not every day is Christmas.”

“It’s cold and late, Alessa.” His grin twisted upwards like melting marshmallows. “You’re going to catch a cold.”

She stopped trying to catch snowflakes. “Funny how the coldest of seasons feels the warmest.” She turned to him and tilted her head; red cheeks radiant and jolly. She cupped her mouth and sighed a hot chocolate breath. “Why on Christmas day, Killian?” She dropped her arms, aiming her luminescent eyes on him. “It’s not warm without you, Killian. It’s cold, cold, cold. Cold like the day after Christmas.”

He smiled. “It’s late, Alessa. Come inside.”

“Don’t you miss me, Killian?” She started to walk backwards, the crunching snow thundering in his ears.

He blinked; his jaw just like a nutcracker – open close open close. “It’s cold and, well. Come on, Alessa. Come back in.” His breaths choked and suspended, the hot melted blood in his veins and arteries slowly chilling in his heart. “Come back.”

She stopped walking. “It’s not Christmas anymore, Killian.” He savored her words like fresh peppermints, his throat sore and aching every time he inhaled the frost and loneliness. His joints bended as he impulsively ran after her.

“You’re not doing this to me.” He swallowed the glacier down his throat. “Not again, Alessa. I won’t let you god damn it. I won’t let you abandon me.” She laughed a carol for him.

“Merry Christmas, Killi.”

She was a painful collision in his heart that didn’t last long enough.