Status: Complete - 12.11.12

Sing Me to Sleep, I'll See You in My Dreams

Five

As I left the crowded, stuffy church the cold air nipped at my cheeks and nose. I stuffed my hands in my hoodie pocket and marched away down the street.

I felt like I had a huge bubble in my chest and I just had to burst it. But the only way to burst it, of course, would be to tell someone what I've been keeping to myself all these years. All my secrets I've been keeping locked in my chest. And the only person I knew that I was able to trust with this information? Alex.

The dark clouds loomed over me like menacing hands that threatened to release thunderous rain. I picked up my pace just as the first few raindrops shattered on the side walk.

Great.

With one quick movement I flipped my hood over my raven hair and opened the cemetery gate. With an almighty creak it obliged to let me in and I followed the now familiar path up your our meeting place. I doubted very highly that Alex would actually be here. By now the rain was pouring down like showers of bullets. Soaking me right to the bone. With a heaving sigh I slumped down on the grass. He wasn't here. I could feel my heart breaking with each second I spent sitting on the grass alone without him. It was stupid I know but he made me feel so safe and calm towards the world and now he isn't here? Everything seemed so much more darker and colder...so cold...

"Jack?" My heart soared at the sound of Alex's voice. He came! I whipped my head around to see him striding towards me.

"Alex! I'm so glad to see you!" A cheesy grin devoured my face as he plopped himself down be side me. His hair was dripping wet and sticking to his forehead and his nose was red raw with the cold.

"It's good to see you too Jack but...maybe better under difference circumstances." He looked up to the dark sky that was crying raindrops. I nodded with a guilty smile.

"I'm sorry. I just had to see you. I feel like I have to...tell you um...something." Alex looked at me with curious eyes. I swallowed all my doubts and fears.. "I feel like I've been keeping all these secrets and emotions locked up for so long they're about to burst right out of me you know? I feel like I just HAVE to tell someone and well...the only someone I know that actually cares is you so..." Alex smiled and nodded his head in understanding, making his sandy blonde hair flop over his eyes.
"You can trust me Jack. You know that." So I jumped right into the deep end.
"I've never actually told anyone how my parents...died. We were all going out for a family dinner, nothing fancy just...just a change," I could already feel the familiar sting of tears hitting my eyes. " We were going to a restaurant we'd never been before and my Dad wasn't really sure where it was. They had an argument...my dad and my mum. I'd always hated when they argued...it made me feel so helpless. My dad was in a huge rage, turned a corner and floored the acceleration...we hit something...I don't actually know what, a tree or something? Everything's black from then on out. The next thing I remember is sitting up on a hospital bed getting told both of my parents were dead. Killed instantly with no pain. What always confused me though was how did they know? For the tiny split second they must have felt something, shock, fear...isn't that classed as pain? Doesn't that alone... hurt?"

I looked up then. Alex had his head bowed and was fiddling with his thumbs. I cleared my throat and his head snapped up. His lips were in a firm line and his eyes were the saddest I've ever seen them. It broke my heart.
"I...I don't know what to say Jack. That's really, really terrible." He extended his hand to meet mine but shank back and resumed his stance with his head bowed. Silence engulfed us and I decided to continue my story.
"The doctors tried to offer me help... therapy and stuff like that. It never worked. I was always too stubborn to co-operate with them. I would always just sit by myself and let the guilt and anguish and anger just...seep into me. The doctors just had no clue what to do with me. Not like I blame them...I didn't make it very easy for them but, it was really difficult...for me." Alex was looking at me now. He looked torn. I considered just hugging him to me and kissing his gorgeous head but I thought that might be pushing my luck. "I really like you Alex." Fuck, no. Why did I say that? Good going douche. Now he's going to think you're an emo pervert. I hid my flaming face behind my raven fringe and prayed he didn't hear me.
"I really like you too Jack." My head snapped up. What? Alex had a cute, innocent smile on his face that showed off his single dimple.
"R-really?" A faint blush crawled up on Alex's pale cheeks. His chocolate eyes twinkled as he gave me a sheepish nod. My heart soared. I couldn't help the cheesy grin from spreading all across my face. "You're the first person to just...talk to me...like a human being. You've trusted me and that really means a lot Jack. I really care about you Jack, a lot." I bit my bottom lip to stop the grin from spreading to my ears. My heart was fluttering. I felt like I could fly. This was the sort of happiness I only dreamed about.
"I care about you too Alex. I really, really do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well this didn't turn out quite the way it was planned but yay! Jalex! Haha I'm sorry I haven't updated in FOREVER but it's the holidays so I'll be updating more regularly..hopefully haha :P Only a few more chapters left I think :/