Sequel: Carnival
Status: Completed

Arkham

The Truth

(Myca's Point View)

Jon has gone to talk to the judge to have the now delusional Falcone moved to Arkham. Meanwhile, I told him I was going to walk around and get more cigarettes. Is there a park in the Narrows? I doubt it. I didn't want to go on a train just to go to Gotham Central Park. I settle with an old graveyard and smoked like a chimney, depleting my first pack.

I sit under a tree in a patch of grass. Next to me was a teeny sign that reads

'Reserved.'

Somebody must've bought a dirt plot. Can't be too cautious around here. I wonder if Falcone will be moved to Arkham. What if he snaps out of it and tells on Jon? What will happen to him? What will Falcone do if he is released? Its times like this where I wished I had some company. I wished Eddy were here.

I started to think back, in Arkham, when Eddy went to talk to Jon about my reason for being in the asylum. I never saw him after that. Did something happen to him? What did Jon say to make Eddy leave and never come back? I stood up, put out my cigarette and ran for the train to Gotham. Eddy works for the hospital, I'll start there. I need answers and if Jon won't give me any, I'll find them myself. I'm sick and tired of being patient and waiting in due time. Fuck that!

On the train, Bruce is there again. I walk up to him.

"Excuse me, Mr. Wayne?" He turned his head and stared me down with his dark brown eyes, almost black.

"Yes?"

"I was wondering if you knew someone that works at the hospital."

"I might, who is it?"

"My cousin, Edmund Waverly. He's missing and I'm was wondering if you saw him."

"I know someone of that name, but I never personally met him. Surgeon?"

"Yes. I'm going to his work to find him or at least have some help."

"If he's missing, I might be able to help. I could put ads in the paper or put him in the news. Do you have a picture of him?"

"Not on me. But the hospital might."

"Okay, well if and when you can get the picture, just take it to Wayne Tower and ask for me."

"I will. Thank you Mr. Wayne," I said shaking his hand.

"In the meantime, are you free tonight?"

"I don't know. I'll have to see. Why?"

"I was just wondering. Do you perhaps have a boyfriend?" Okay, random question....

"I do. I'm sorry."

"Not at all, its fine. Who is he?"

"His name is Jon."

"He's very lucky to have someone as caring as you."

"I know he is," I said taking a seat next to Bruce. He laughed. We sat in silence until my stop came. Bruce and I both got up.

"You're getting off here too?"

"I wasn't planning on it, but I thought you might need an escort to the hospital to assure that you get there alright."

"Thats very kind of you, but you really don't have to."

"I know I don't have to, I want to." Bruce and I get off at the stop and we walk over to the hospital. He kept asking questions about me such as high school, parents, childhood, and Jon. I wouldn't answer any of them. I didn't want to give away who I was or tell him that I went to Arkham for a crime I didn't commit and have him look into it. Even though I don't know anything about what Jon has been doing and what he's planning to do with the shipments of the fear toxin, but that doesn't mean Bruce should know either.

"Well here we are. It was very nice meeting you, Miss...."

"Crane. Myca Crane." I don't know why I took Jon's last name, but it feels right. It sort of fits.

"Well, I will see you around, Miss Crane."

"Thanks for all your help, Mr. Wayne." I walked in to the hospital and went to the front desk.

"Excuse me, ma'am?" The woman turned around in her chair and glared at me, as if I interrupted something important.

"Yes?"

"I'm looking for my cousin. He's a surgeon here. Edmund Waverly?"

"Edmund Waverly hasn't shown up to work in over a week."

"Do you know where he might be? Did he call in sick? Did he quit?"

"He didn't give his two week notice and he has not called in sick."

"Okay, thank you. Do you know anyone here that knows him well?"

"Everyone knew him well. He is one of the best surgeons in this hospital." I just walked out of the building. Nothing. I go all this way to come back with nothing.

"Fuck,man!" I yelled and kicked a garbage can.

"Myca?" It was Jon.

"Myca, whats going on? Why are you at the hospital?"

"I'm looking for Eddy. I want to see him. What did you tell him when he came to talk to you? What happened?"

"I told him what you were put in for and why it was unnecessary to take you to the medical center. Then, he just left. I don't know why, thats all I said to him. I didn't know at the time that you were actually innocent." His face was calm and composed.

"The lady in there said he hasn't shown up to work in over a week. I talked to Bruce Wayne on the way here. He said he can help find him. I'm just scared that something happened to him. He's the only family I have."

"I'm sure he'll be fine, dear. In the meantime, lets just go home." I took his hand as we walked to the train.

When we got home, I began to really worry about Eddy. I hope he's alright and safe.

"So you said you talked to Bruce Wayne?"

"Yea, I did. Why?"

"Just asking. What did he tell you?"

"He told me he could help me look for Eddy and then he asked what I was doing tonight."

"What did you tell him."

"I told him I was busy. Then he asked if I had a boyfriend. I told him I did."

"Why did you tell him that?" Are you fucking kidding me?

"No reason." Asshole.

"Oh, you thought that we were...." I just shrugged my shoulders.

"Well, you wanted to have sex this morning. So I assumed...."

"If you want to, thats okay with me."

"Oh, well alrighty then. So, what happened with the judge?"

"They're moving Falcone to Arkham tomorrow. Tonight, I have to go somewhere and I'd like you to go with me."

"Okay, where?"

"I rented an apartment just to hide the traces of the fear toxin. Falcone hid the toxin in stuffed rabbits. I wanted you to go with me so that you can know the whole truth. I want you to know what we're doing with the toxin. And there is something else I need to tell you...."

(Jonathan's Point of View)

It was time I told her the truth about Eddy before she found out for herself. And I have to tell her about how I framed her for the robbery.

"Is it bad?"

"It might, depending on how you take it, and I don't expect you to take it well...." I contemplated whether to tell her the truth or still keep it a secret, but I've already said this much to turn back now.

'Jon? What do you think you're doing? Do you want her out of your life?'

"I have to tell her!" Myca looked really frightened. I would be smiling and laughing with how scared someone would be, but Myca is different. At least she knows who I'm arguing with.

"I wanted to tell you that.... I framed you for the robbery." Myca cupped her hands over her mouth.

"And I hired one of Falcone's men to kill Eddy. But I did those things so that you could be closer to me. I'm really sorry, but I wanted to tell you." I took one step closer to Myca and she took a step back. She was positively horrified.

"I only did those things so that I..."

"...Just stop right there. I can't believe you! W-why? I've been worried sick about my cousin, my only family left and you knew the whole time that he was dead! I personally asked Bruce Wayne to help me find him! And to make things worse, you killed him! How could you? And you say you framed me for that robbery? You're the reason my parents hated me!" Tears started to spew from her eyes. I put my hand on her shoulder. She just batted it away.

"I assume you want to leave." She took her suitcase and jacket. She raced to the door and slammed it shut. I can't believe it. Myca was gone. I tell her the truth, and she actually left.

'Well no duh! What did you think she was going to do when you told her you killed her cousin and you framed her for the robbery and almost ruined her life? Did you think you guys were going to get married after that? For a genius, Jon, you're a moron!'

I just worry about where she's going to go, where will she live now? I would go out and look for her like I usually would, but she wouldn't want to come back. I could say 'lets go home' like I usually would, and she would put up a fight. She hates me now and I let my feelings get in the way... Oh God! What if she tells people about the operation?

'She won't blab. Even though you pretty much wrecked her life, she won't tattle.'

"If you're sure. Should I go look for her?"

'Maybe later, but right now, you have to go to that place you were going on about earlier.'

"I wanted Myca to come with me. I wanted her to be by my side in the operation."

'Just focus on the job for now. Worry about Myca afterwards. Now go!' I Grab my Scarecrow mask and headed out.

(Myca's Point of View)

I ride on the train in tears. I'm riding out to my uncle's old cabin in the woods.

"Hey you." Bruce Wayne sat down right next to me.

"Why are you crying?"

"Jon and I broke up. I moved out."

"Why did you two break up?"

"He... He cheated on me."

"I'm sorry, where are you headed now?"

"My uncle's cabin. It has running water, television, and some peace and quiet."

"Really?"

"No. Not really. It does have running water, but its cold, and we had no electricity from what I can remember."

"Well, I have extra rooms at Wayne Manor. If its alright with you, I'd like you to stay."

"Really? You wouldn't mind?"

"Not at all, Miss Crane. I insist."

"Well, thank you very much, Mr. Wayne." We ride all the way to the bus stop, got off, and a man with a car was waiting for Bruce.

"Miss Crane, this is my friend, Alfred." I shake Alfred's hand and he gave me a comforting smile.

"Wonderful to meet you, Miss Crane. Will you be staying with us then?"

"I insisted she'd stay with us until she gets back on her feet. You won't mind will you?"

"Not at all, Master Wayne." We drive all the way to Wayne Manor. When I saw the house, I was blown away with how beautiful it was. I kind of miss Jon's apartment though, but what he did to me was wrong. But, why do I miss him so much?

Bruce, Alfred, and I walk inside. The inside was just as breathtaking as the outside. Alfred showed me to the guest room and said he is preparing dinner for Bruce and me. I thanked him kindly and set my suitcase down at the end of the bed. The bed had a red comforter, white sheets, and white pillow cases.

I draw the curtains back. Out of habit, I thought I was going to see the Narrows, but I saw an amazing view of a vast field. I missed looking out to see the Narrows. I miss sleeping in the same bed with Jon. I miss his warmth and comfort. I miss his icy blue almost white eyes. I hear a knock at the door. I thought it was Bruce, but it was Alfred.

"Supper is ready, Miss Crane. I'm afraid Master Wayne won't be joining you though."

"Alright. Thank you so much, Alfred."

"My pleasure. You better get downstairs before it gets cold." I smile and Alfred showed me the way to the kitchen.

"Thank you again." Alfred nodded his head and left me to eat my meal. When I finished, I walk back to the guest room and continued to sulk about Jon. I even brought on of his psychology books to remember him. He has many of them, so I'm sure he won't notice if one of them goes missing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its really long, but I hope you enjoy it anyway :)