Sequel: Carnival
Status: Completed

Arkham

The Batman

(Myca's Point of View)

I hear Jon's footsteps pass me by leading to the boiler room type of place in the basement. He was alone, but he can't dwell down here for very long. I know women like Rachel, they don't like to be kept waiting when they're pissed. Especially, if she was on Jon's case to begin with. I start to hear Jon talking to someone. Probably one of his inmates.

"I will lead her down here. We will keep her here until I decide to kill her."

"What about that girl you told to wait outside?"

"I'll go get her when I decide to kill Miss Dawes. She'd like that. Speaking of which, I have to go meet her. She must be getting very impatient," Jon said walking to the elevator to meet the bitch.

(Jonathan's Point of View)

I start walking out of the elevator and to Falcone's holding cell. I see Rachel standing there, looking at Falcone. He's still repeating 'Scarecrow' over and over. I try not to laugh.

"Miss Dawes. This is most irregular, I have nothing further to add to the report that I filed with the judge."

"I have some questions about your report," she said staring me down with cold eyes of pure hate. I felt an icy chill go up my spine.

"Such as?"

"Isn't it convenient for a fifty-two year old man who has no history of mental illness to suddenly have a psychotic breakdown just when he was about to be indicted?"

"Well as you can see, there is nothing convenient about his symptoms."

Falcone kept repeating Scarecrow. I wish he would now shut up. Rachel looks at Falcone suspiciously. I suppose she'll want to know what Scarecrow is, but she'll find out soon enough.

"Whats scarecrow?" I knew it.

"The patient is suffering delusional episodes that often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow."

She doesn't seem convinced, no shit. She's never convinced or satisfied with just a question being answered, she needs proof.

"He's drugged?"

"Psychopharmacology is my primary field. I am a strong advocate. Outside, Falcone was a giant. In here, only the mind can grant you power." She then stop looking at Falcone and stares at me once again. She thinks she's so superior when in reality, she's as inferior as they come.

"But you enjoy the reversal?"

"I respect the mind's power over the body's. It's why I do what I do." I wish she would stop staring at me with the authority she thinks she possesses.

"I do what I do to keep men like Falcone behind bars, not in therapy." She starts stomping toward the elevator.

"I want my own psychiatric consultant have full access to Falcone... including blood work. Find out exactly what you're putting him on."

We both walk into the elevator. I turn the key and pushed the button that leads to the basement.

(Myca's Point of View)

I hear the elevator coming down. Jon was bringing Dawes down here this early? She probably thought that she was just going to have her say, then just leave. think again, whore. Jon will take care of you.

"This way, please. I think theres something you should see." I hear Jon's footsteps again only the sound was joined with the clicking of Dawes' high heels. the sounds grow more and more faint. i can barely hear anything now. I could hear Jon and the other man talking perfectly fine.

Next thing I knew, Rachel was running to the elevator. She was frantic and frightened. I kind of have the need to giggle. Oh how the mighty have fallen. I hear Jon following her and opening the elevator door. After that, was just screaming and then nothing. No sound. Did he kill her?

Two men ran out and carried Rachel into the room. I wait until Jon passes me again o follow them quietly. They set Rachel down onto a table and Jon started questioning her. All she did was scream. then everyone heard a crashing sound and the lights flickered. Jon took his mask off and ran his fingers through his hair.

"He's here."

"Who?"

"The Batman." I heard of the Batman. He was the one that fucked up the very last shipment and caught Falcone. Jon ordered his men to call the police and force The Batman outside. I walk down the stairs and quietly hid under the staircase.

A dark figure swooped in and beat up all the thugs. Jon got in front of me under the staircase.

"What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to help you kill Rachel." While Batman was distracted, Jon tried to punch him, but Batman grabbed his arm and pulled his mask off. I gasped. Batman sprayed his face with Jon's own fear toxin. But, Jon didn't scream or panic. he just kept silent, even gave a tiny smile.

"Crane, who are you working for?"

"Ra's. Ra's Al Ghul."

"Ra's Al Ghul is dead. Who are you working for, Crane?" Jon began to stutter.

"Dr. Crane isn't here right now. But, if you'd like to make an appointment...." Batman then bashed Jon's head against a metal bar. I gasped again. Batman then flew out of the room. Leaving Jon and me alone. Jon seemed unconscious.

"Jon? Get up. Please, get up! Jon!"

"Myca, you need to get out of here."

"I'm not leaving you! Get up! There are police outside! I'm not leaving you again, Jon!"

"You need to trust me, dear. If they put me away, it won't be for long. Everyone will be released. When I'm released, I'll come find you. Go to the apartment. Promise me!" I didn't know how to answer.I want to obey Jon, but at the same time I don't want to leave him again. I didn't want to break my own promise.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed it :)