Sequel: Carnival
Status: Completed

Arkham

We Ride

(Jonathan/Scarecrow's Point of View)

Executioner and I laid down on the ground and waited to get enough energy to get up and go into Gotham.

"That was amazing," she said staring up at the ceiling and smoking a cigarette.

"You know, there's a no smoking policy in Arkham." We both just looked at each other and laugh hysterically. With all this chaos, I don't think she'll get in trouble for smoking one cigarette. I continued to stare at her and she looked at me with those pretty pale sea foam green eyes, her perfectly shaped pink lips, light brown hair that framed her face nicely, her cheekbones looked as sharp to mine. I wondered why I never noticed how beautiful she was. I place my hand on her smooth face and rubbed my thumb against her cheek. She smiled.

"So what should we do now?"

"I say we terrorize Gotham. They're probably paralyzed with fear," I chuckle with such happiness. I haven't been this happy in a long time.

'See? Being insane is fun and liberating. When was the last time you were ever this happy?'

"Right?"

"The voice?"

"Yes. It was asking me when was the last time I've ever been this happy." We both get up off the floor and I pulled my mask on.

"I had one of Falcone's men bring over your things from the apartment. You left Executioner there." She smiled and looked out in the hall for her costume, but it wasn't there.

"They said it'll be in my office, we can go get it and cause havoc." We run all the way to my office on the other side of Arkham. I open the door to see the the plastic bag on top of my desk.

"Get changed, I'll meet you in the hallway."

"Okay, darling," she said as she winked at me. I walk out into the hall and waited outside the door.

(Myca's Point of View)

I changed my shirt into the black long sleeve shirt with the white stitched skull. It still smelled of Griggs' blood that has been fermenting in the back of Scarecrow's closet. The smell isn't as bad as what my old cell smelled like. It smelled like leftovers of a murder scene mixed with the fumes of paint to cover up the blood stains on the walls.

I kept the pants I was wearing because they were already black. I pull on my trench coat and combat boots. I notice that not only do I have my battle ax, but there is now a small assortment of knives, including my old switchblade. They're all hanging from a belt. Its a good thing they're all sheathed because I would be too careful about the knives stabbing me in the leg. I attached the belt onto my pants and clutched my ax again like I was going to war. I pull the mask on my head with my free hand and looked at my reflection in the glass door of the bookcase.

"This means war," I said aloud. I walked out the door where Scarecrow was waiting patiently, like he always does.

"So, how will we get to Gotham? I assume that when the toxin was released into the Narrows, the police would close the bridge."

"Not yet. They'll probably have to evacuate the Narrows before that'll happen. We have to hurry if thats the case." Scarecrow and I run out of Arkham and we hide in police trucks.

The police were actually working for us. can you fucking believe that? Gotham has become so corrupt and predictable that I almost laughed until my gut hurt. I suppressed the urge to chuckle and it eventually subsided once i realized how sad it really is. An entire city, brought to it's knees, at our mercy. Fucking Gotham City is dead. I suddenly felt a slight sense of power. It felt good, it felt amazing.

I'm almost certain Scarecrow has the same feeling from the small giggles I here from him when he sees a person running from another person because they're afraid. I sometimes laughed with him.

"Oh, that man is eating another man. scarecrow, come look," I said yanking on his arm. We looked out the window as we both laughed and passed the cannibal up.

"And it's all thanks to you and your brilliant mind. You've brought gotham to it's knees."

"I guess I did. But, I can't take all the credit. It was Ra's al Ghul's plan."

"Why did he want all of this to happen anyway?"

"We were planning to hold this city for ransom. We promise the city the antidote in exchange for large sums of money. I see now that I don't want the money anymore. I have everything I need. I have something i want to ask you...."

"Yes?"

"When this is over, I was wondering, will you run away with me and marry me?" My heart was doing flips in my chest and a smile grew on my face, even though he couldn't see it.

"Nothing in this world would make me happier than to be the wife of Scarecrow," I said, then took off my mask. I lifted his mask and pulled it away. I gave his a kiss. I tangle my fingers in his dark hair and his hands caressed my face.

After we put our masks back on, we stop in front of these cops on horses. Scarecrow and I jumped out of the back of the police truck and we we ambushed them. I killed two cops and Scarecrow killed two as well. We each took a horse, but somehow that didn't seem to be enough just to kill the police officers and take their horses.

I take one of my new knives and started slicing the neck of one of the officers so I could tie the head to the saddle of this horse. Scarecrow just tied the body of an officer to the back of his horse. I guess what we're doing is symbolism for 'we own this city and we're not taking your shit anymore!' Either way, it'll scare people and send others a message. They'll think we're out of our minds, but I think its for the sake of some good ol' fashioned anarchy.

"Hey, look who I see up ahead," Scarecrow said pointing to two figures. it looked like an adult and a child. The closer we crept on them, I saw that it was an adult woman and a boy child. Then, I saw their identities. They were Rachel Dawes and some little kid whom Dawes is trying to protect.

"What should we do with her?" I look at Scarecrow who was staring at Dawes.

"I don't understand. She should be dead. I gave her a big dose of the toxin. She shouldn't be out and about."

"She looks sane to me. Do you think someone stole your vaccine?"

"To be honest, I didn't make it yet. Someone must have created their own and gave it to her."

"So you painfully took my blood and did nothing with it?"

"I was working on it, it just wasn't complete."

"Oh well that fine then. What should we do?"

"I want to go scare her and that little kid too." Scarecrow rides over to the Dawes and the little frightened boy.

(Jonathan's/Scarecrow)

"it's okay. It's okay. Nobody is going to hurt you," Dawes said, trying to comfort the little boy. Time to rain on their parade. I ride in and Dawes eyes that were once filled with hope and optimism are now filled with slight terror, but again, mostly hatred.

"Of course they are!"

"Crane?" Dawes started backing away, protecting the boy with her arms. The boy had his face buried in her blouse. They started running so Executioner and I started chasing after them. I could hear her laughing behind me. It filled my heart with joy.

Suddenly, terrified people ran right in front of us, then we lost each other in the fog. I yelled out for Executioner, but I couldn't hear her voice, so I continued to ride forward. The toxin fog was too thick for me to spot where Dawes went.

As I came closer to the side of a red brick building, I spot Dawes and the little boy who was still cowering.

"There you are!" The boy looked at me and screamed at the top of his lungs. This caused the horse to stand on it's hind legs.

"There is nothing to fear...." Dawes was pulling something from her jacket pocket.

"...But fear itself...." Dawes puled out a taser gun and pointed it at me. I began to back away to avoid being shocked. My voice modifier began to malfunction.

"...And I am here to help..." Dawes pulled the trigger of the taser gun and I then felt painful electricity on my forehead and coursing throughout my entire face. I screamed in agony and rode away.

"Scarecrow!" I heard a voice in the distance. I recognize it.

"Myca!" I'm too unfocused and disoriented to call her by her other name. I hear footsteps run toward me. I fall off my horse, landing on my left arm. I pull the electric... things off of my face and tried standing up. I felt Myca's hands under my arms, trying to pull me up.

"Are you hurt badly, dear? Let me see," she said removing her mask then touching my face to see what the damage was.

"You just have one burn mark on your forehead. Thankfully it's not serious and it won't last long. I just so happy you weren't seriously hurt. I'm going to kill that bitch if it's the last thing I do. She caused you enough trouble. Lets just get home."

Myca and I get on the horse and we ride home. When we got in front of the apartment building, we set the horse free and went inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed this chapter :)