Sequel: Carnival
Status: Completed

Arkham

The Monsters he Made us

(Myca's Point of View)

Jon and I pull far from Griggs' apartment and he took off the license plate off the car before we left the house to switch it with a different one. We can't have anyone catch us getting away and have them track us down. We must leave no traces.

"His apartment should be on the third floor. We have to sneak in through the window to avoid suspicion. Someone might wonder why two people are dressed like this." I turn around to see Jon just staring into space.

"Are you alright, hun?"

"Its just that I can't believe I'm doing this again. Seeking revenge after all these years. I don't know whether to be happy or not. Its a lot to take in and its so much I remember."

"You don't have to do this. I am doing this for you and for the other under dogs that haven't had their day. Its for everyone thats been driven too far by men like Bo Griggs. But, while the under dogs are afraid to take action, we stand up for them. I used to think that seeking revenge wasn't right, but now I see that this isn't revenge, its justice." I clutch my ax as if I was going to war. In a way, I am.

I put my mask on and put my ax through my side belt loop and started climbing the fire escape. I should've worn gloves. I'm getting rust all over my hands. I heard Jon following me up the fire escape. We finally reach the third floor, but we needed to find the right room.

"Griggs lives in apartment 3D. His bedroom window should be the fourth window to the left." We slowly creep to the left. We look in all the windows to find one that has anything that Griggs might own, like his wheelchair for example.

"There's his wheelchair," Jon said pointing to it. Its was hard to miss.

"Make sure that this is his apartment and not some elderly person. What else do you see?"

"I see a nightstand, a bed, and a dresser. Griggs' football trophies are sitting on top of the dresser."

"Are you positive?"

"Yes. He'd gloat about them in school. How could I not be sure?"

"We have to carefully open the window without making noise." I start pulling the window up. It wasn't locked.

"You'd figure living in Gotham would make him more cautious. This turned out better than expected so far."

"Lets not get our hopes up. He might wake up and call the police. Then, what would we do?"

"Run for it," I said as I quietly slipped into the bedroom. Jon did the same.

"So, what now?"

"I guess we wait for Griggs to wake up."

"But who knows how long that could take."

"Do you think we should try this some other time? Just until we plan things a little farther?"

"We came too far to turn back. You're plan is perfect." Griggs started to sit up and stare at Scarecrow and me. He started to yell. So, I sprint over to him and put my hand over his mouth. It really is too late to turn back now.

"Scream and you die. I'll remove my hand if you promise not to scream, okay?" He nodded his head. I slowly remove my hand.

"What do you want?"

"All we want in justice that has yet to be served. Scarecrow, could you please help this man to his wheelchair, then tie him up?"

"Of course," Jon said. After he got Griggs into his chair, he tied him as securely as he could. I lift Bo's sleeve up and placed the fishnet material tightly on his arm and waited for the skin to poke through. I pull out my switchblade and Bo began to panic at the sight of it.

"Could you please gag him?" Jon nodded his head and ripped a piece of Griggs' bedsheets and tied it around his mouth.

"Thank you, dear. Does it look like his skin is ready?"

"Maybe another minute. You'd end up cut more fabric than skin." The mention of us cutting his skin made Griggs go out of his mind. He was about to experience pure terror.

A minute went by and Griggs' skin stuck through. I take my switchblade and wave it in front of his eyes. Then, I slowly reach his arm and started cutting a single piece of skin that stuck through. His screams of pain made Jon laugh.

"Oh Bo. Relax. Its what you had coming to you," I said as I slapped Griggs' face. He had a single tear run down his face.

"You did really horrible things to him. In high school, you picked on him, beat him up, humiliated him. Now why would you do such a thing, Bo?" Jon removed his gag.

"I don't know! I was just a kid in high school! I'm sorry, okay?"

"Sorry isn't good enough. Saying you're sorry doesn't really do it justice. We were looking for something that you'll remember for the rest of your pathetic existence. Something that you can't wash away or simply ignore. Something permanent and can't get rid of." We put his gag back on so he couldn't scream loudly when I cut off another piece of skin that was showing through the fish net material. We remove his gag again.

"If you're going to kill me, then just do it and be done with it!"

"Oh we can't do that. You have to feel the pain that you put onto this poor man," I said pointing to Jon.

"Who are you two?" I cut off another piece of skin. He started to scream because we didn't put the gag back on. Jon put his hand over Griggs' mouth.

"You have to use your inside voice, Bo. Explain who we are, darling."

"We are The Scarecrow and The Executioner. We have come to seek justice that has yet been given. Its going to be a long night for you, Bo Griggs."

(Jonathan's point of View)

The way Myca was terrifying Bo was absolutely delightful. Shes torturing him like shes been doing it her entire life. In other words, she's a natural. The way she used her words to frighten him just put a smile on my face, the way she was cutting the skin one by one and not just all at once. Shes waiting between cuts so they have a bigger impact every time.

"I'll give you two anything you want! Money, drugs, whatever! Just name it and I'll give it to you! Just let me go!"

"I told you already that I can't do that. We will leave when we feel satisfied. Got it?" I put Bo's gag back on and cut another piece of skin from his arm.

This went on until the sun started to come up. Bo fainted from the pain. We placed him in his bed and fled back to the apartment. I was smiling on the way back, but Myca was stoic and silent, she stared straight into the distance. I suppose when you cause someone physical pain, something in you just dies. I think what was left of Myca's innocence withered away and died. I take my right hand off the wheel to hold onto Myca's hand. She gripped it tightly, but didn't take her eyes off the road.

"I'm really tired."

"I bet. You were brilliant. I'm glad I was there to witness it. You did beautifully."

"I feel... weird. I feel different."

"Different how?"

"I don't know. When I saw the terror in Bo's eyes, something in me just changed. I can't wait to go home and sleep."

"We'll be home soon, my dear. Then we can sleep."

Two minutes later, we pull up to the apartment and Myca stumbled out of the car. I helped her up the stairs and into the apartment. I carried her to the bed. She took off her boots, coat, and mask. She laid onto the bed and I went under the covers with her. She held onto me while she slept. I couldn't sleep though. With everything that happened and her holding me. I just think all morning about Myca just staring at the road on the way home. Like she was going to be sick.

"I have to go to The Asylum today," I said getting up. Myca laid motionless except for her moving chest from breathing. I decide to write a note and lay it next to her for when she wakes up. I get dressed and throw the bloody clothes from last night far into my closet. I fix my hair the best I can and put my glasses on and sigh. Back to the old grind, I suppose.

I walk inside Arkham and I stop in my tracks from the sound of the News on the old television.

"A man named Bo Griggs was found in bed, bleeding profusely and unconscious. Police say that they are able to take him to the hospital in time. Griggs' neighbors say that they saw and heard nothing. So far we have no suspects and there is no trace of the torture weapon. Police say that the victim's wounds were caused by a form of torture used on war prisoners...."

"Dr. Crane?" I turn around, not paying attention to my surroundings. It was a nurse.

"Yes?"

"How is your family?"

"They're doing better." I had to remember my excuse from yesterday.

"What was wrong with them?"

"My sister was very ill. I had to watch her."

"I'm very sorry about that. I'm glad shes doing better."

"Yes, me too," I said looking back at the television. Griggs' apartment wasn't as bad as we thought. The only things that were ruined were the bed sheets and the carpet which were both stained with blood. His wheelchair looked horrendous. The right arm of the chair was still dripping with blood. I walk away and continued with my work.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed it :)