Status: active

What Lies Within

Homecoming

The following morning the couple was woken up by Blaise yelling at them. Draco sat up and glared at his fellow student who stood across the room, frowning at the two of them.

"What?" Draco questioned, obviously annoyed at being woken up.

"Just wanted to let you know that the carriages leave for Hogsmeade in an hour." Blaise told them before he went to the door and left the room. Sophie sighed and slid out of the bed, stretching her arms above her.

"I should go get ready and pack." She told him after she yawned, which had made him smile at how cute she was. "I'll meet you in the common room in 45 minutes, kay?"

"Sounds good." Draco agreed, making her smile. She took him by surprise and leaned down to kiss his cheek.

"Thanks for everything, Draco." She smiled at him once more before she left the room. She ventured to her own dormitory and began to toss some clothes into her trunk. She then slipped out of her school robes, which she had slept in, and slipped on a black skirt, knee high boots and a black long sleeve shirt. After finishing her packing she put on her black precoat and slytherin scarf.

After making sure that she had gotten everything else she'd need for the Holiday, she grabbed her trunk and went down to the common room where Draco was waiting with his own trunk. Together they silently made their way up to the entrance hall right as the carriages pulled up. They ended up being squished in one with an angry Pansy and an indifferent Blaise sitting across from them.

"Are you two doing anything special for Holiday?" Blaise asked the three of them. Pansy huffed and crossed her arms, ignoring them while Sophie and Draco exchanged glances before shrugging.

"It will probably be a quiet Holiday at my house, apart from Sophie being there." Draco answered. At this Pansy turned quickly to look at them, her eyes wide.

"She's staying at your house?" She barked. Sophie sighed and turned to look out the window, deeply wishing that she was in a carriage with someone else.

"Yes, Pansy she is. There's been some... trouble within her family and she must stay with me and my family for this Holiday." Draco simply explained.

"What happened?" Blaise questioned, being the nosy person he always was.

"Nothi-" Draco started but Sophie cut him off, reaching over to pat his hand.

"My father was killed and my mother wishes to be alone. I'm staying with the Malfoy's because Draco's mother is my godmother." Sophie explained. "I'm not staying with them because I'm with Draco, Pansy, if that is what you think. I am not with Draco, and I don't plan on being with Draco." With that Sophie climbed out of the carriage as it had just come to a stop.

Blaise and Draco followed her out of the carriage and towards the platform for the train. Pansy got out too but disappeared somewhere down the platform, clearly still angry.

Together the three friends went onto the Hogwarts Express and searched for an empty compartment, easily finding one. It was silent and awkward between the three of them as the train filled up and soon started to move. Blaise had no idea what to say to Sophie about what she had said, Draco felt slightly wounded by Sophie's last comment, about not planning on being with Draco, and Sophie was simply pissed about Pansy's attitude. She had just so much going on and did not want to deal with such attitude. What she really wanted was to get away from the guys and go find Hermione.

"Where are you going?" Draco asked when Sophie suddenly stood up.

"I just want to take a walk. I don't feel like sitting here." She answered, knowing that he wouldn't like that she was leaving him to go see Hermione. Draco simply nodded before she left the compartment and ventured out into the corridor, looking for Hermione or anyone else that she recognized. She finally found Hermione, Neville and Luna in a compartment at the other end of the train.

"Hey, Sophie!" Hermione greeted, moving her cat's wickerwork basket from the seat so Sophie could sit beside her. "How are you doing?"

"I'm good. How are you?" Sophie looked across the compartment at Luna who was staring out the window in her usual dreamlike state and Neville looked fidgety as if he had just seen a ghost. "What's wrong, Neville?" She questioned, frowning at her friend.

"Well... something happened last night.. well really it was this morning." Neville started, making Sophie frown more. She looked over at Hermione who was slightly frowning as well. "Everyone was asleep when suddenly I was woken up by Harry screaming and yelling, something about Ron's dad being attacked." Sophie felt the blood drain from her face. Not Arthur, he was by far one of the sweetest guys in the world and always welcomed her to the Burrow with open arms.

"What happened? How did Harry know? Was it just a dream?" Sophie questioned.

"Well we tried to convince him that it was just a dream but he was just so adamant that it had really happened so I got McGonagall and she took Ron and Harry to Dumbledore. McGonagall returned a little later, claiming that Harry and the Weasley's were going to be gone for the Holiday's and then got Ron and Harry's things and left. So I'm guessing some how Harry had some sort of premonition or something but he saw it happen even though it was thousands of miles away." Neville explained.

"Oh my god. So you don't know if Mr. Weasley is alright or not?" Sophie wondered but Neville shook his head. "That's so awful."

"I've been giving it some thought and I think that if I don't enjoy skiing, I might head over to where they are. I'd spent all Holiday worrying anyway, I'd rather be there." Hermione told them all. Sophie actually considered asking if she too could go with them to wherever it was this "Order of the Phoenix" was located at but she knew that she wasn't welcomed. A Slytherin like her, with Death Eater parents, who was friends with the Malfoy's, would never be allowed among those going against the Dark Lord, since she herself basically dealt with the Dark Lord.

She spent most of the journey to King's Cross in the compartment with Hermione, Neville and Luna. An hour or so before they were to arrive she went back to the compartment where Draco was, this time Pansy was back. As soon as Sophie walked into the compartment, Pansy jumped up and enveloped Sophie in a hug.

"Oh, Sophie. I'm so sorry, I was just acting so stupidly." She pulled back to smile weakly at Sophie who simply just stared back. "Forgive me?"

"Yeah, of course." Sophie answered, making Pansy squeal and hug her tightly again before pulling her into a seat and immediately began jabbering on and on about whatever Sophie must have missed in the last couple of weeks that she had been cooped up with practicing Quidditch or hanging out with the trio simply to avoid Draco and Pansy together.

Soon enough the train came to a screaming stop on Platform 9 and 3/4. They all grabbed their stuff and bid their farewells until January. Blaise and Pansy went their separate ways while Draco and Sophie left the train together and made their way along the crowded platform until they located Draco's parents. Narcissa Malfoy quickly pulled Sophie into a tight hug.

"I'm so sorry, Sophie." She spoke into her ear. Sophie simply nodded, hugging the woman back. "I've been to see your mother a few times. I will take you with me so you can see her, alright?"

"That would be lovely, thank you, Narcissa." Sophie told her, making the older woman smile. After Draco received a hug from his mother and a nod from her father, they all ventured out to the Ministry car that Lucius was able to procure once more for their journey home. It was silent as they headed in the direction of the large manor. All Sophie wanted was to be wherever her other friends were, she needed to know how Mr. Weasley was. It was killing her not knowing. She sighed and simply pushed it from her mind, knowing that she wouldn't find out until the holiday was over. It was time to try and make the best of her winter at the Malfoy's.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sophie