Status: active

What Lies Within

Kiss

"Ahh, Sophie and Draco. Please, do come in!" The cold, snakelike voice droned when the two people seated on the couch noticed the teens in the doorway.

Sophie watched her mother as she hung off of The Dark Lord as if she was his lifeline. She clung to his arm, grinning up at him, a dazed and in love look in her eye. She didn't seem to be grieving the death of her husband at all.

"Come, sit." Voldemort growled when the two teens made no move into the room. Draco looked at Sophie who was as pale as a ghost and was shaking in his arms, seemingly about ready to pass out. He gripped her tighter to his body before leading her into the room and to the other couch across from Voldemort and Irene. Voldemort was watching the two through narrowed eyes while Irene didn't give them a single glance, having eyes only for Voldemort.

"What brings the two of you here?" He asked as if this situation was as normal as if Voldemort was her father, not of course the most vile and evil creature to ever walk this earth with his chalk white skin, his slit like nose and his cold red eyes that seemed to burn into Sophie's skull even though she wasn't even looking at him.

"Sophie simply wanted to see her mother." Draco answered for the girl, knowing that she was always unable to speak in front of The Dark Lord. Draco was insure if it was from fright or disgust, it never seemed appropriate to ask.

"I told you not to come here." Irene finally spoke, turning now cold eyes on her daughter who looked up at her. Sophie frowned at her mother.

"He killed father, didn't he?" She questioned, not receiving an answer from either of them. "Why?" She whispered, feeling the tears well up in her eyes. Draco kept his arm tight across her shoulders, reaching over to place his free hand on top of her two hands that were folded in her lap.

"Oh, a number of reasons." Voldemort began, a smirk rising on his thin white lips. "First, he didn't do as I asked, he failed me in finding a way of retrieving something I need. That calls for death all on its own. Second, I came to him with a deal, to spare his life. He refused, again that is reason for death. And third is what truly slipped me over the edge and ended his life. His wife asked me to kill him. You see, she did not love him. He was to die anyway, so it worked out for everyone." He explained, smiling when he saw the shock register on both Sophie and Draco's face.

"What was the deal you tried to make him?" Sophie questioned, unsure if she truly wanted to know.

"I wanted you." Voldemort growled, his eyes narrowing as he smirked. He looked more snakelike than ever.

"Wanted me?" Sophie whispered, clutching at Draco's hands tighter.

"As a Death Eater. I told him that if he allowed me to brand you as soon as you came home, his debt would be paid. All would be forgiven. He immediately refused. When your mother found out that he denied me you, she became furious and came to me, saying that you were mine and that I could kill him if I pleased. So I did." Sophie's heart was racing as she processed this. How could her mother do such a thing? Simply hand over her only daughter to Lord Voldemort as if she was offering up a pig to the butcher. It made her feel sick. She took in deep, gasping breaths to calm her mind and her stomach.

"You are going to turn Sophie into a Death Eater?" Draco questioned. "She's so young, though." He tried to reason.

"Age does not matter, Draco. Sophie is friends with our friend Mr. Potter, correct?" Voldemort questioned. Draco looked down at Sophie who was looking at their clasped hands, running her finger over the silver ring that was on Draco's finger.

"I was. We don't speak that much anymore." Sophie told Voldemort, not looking at him.

"To answer your previous question, Draco. No, I am not going to make Sophie a Death Eater. Not yet, at least. All in time though. I can tell the two of you that this summer is going to be quite a ... fun time." Sophie looked up then to see Voldemort smirking at the two if them. "Now, you must leave us. We have business to attend to." Draco didn't need to be told twice as he pulled Sophie up and towards the door. Together they quickly left the room as they heard Irene start to giggle and Voldemort whispering in a quiet snakelike hiss.

As soon as the front door was shut behind them Sophie fell into Draco's chest and sobbed into his black tshirt that he had worn that day.

"Sophie, I -" He started but Sophie shook her head, cutting him off.

"Don't say anything, please. Just hold me." She whispered. He obliged and held her against his body, rubbing circles on her back.

"Let's get home." He eventually whispered into her hair, making her nod and take a step back from him. She wiped at her eyes with her sleeve before leading the way back to the car. The short ride to the Malfoy Manor was spent in silence. Both of them were trying to comprehend what had just happened. Voldemort had basically just told them that they were going to become Death Eaters soon. Suddenly they both wanted nothing more than to be back at Hogwarts, as far from Voldemort as possible.

When they arrived home, a house elf came out and got Sophie's bags, taking them up to her room.

"Draco, if you don't mind I want to go lay down." Sophie told the man beside her as they walked inside the large house.

"Yeah, of course. Do you want me to come with you?" He asked but she shook her head.

"I want to be alone for a little while, if that's okay." He quickly nodded.

"Yeah, of course." He assured her as they went up the stairs towards their rooms. "I'll be right across the hall if you need me." She smiled and leaned over, wrapping her arms around his neck, staring up into his blue-grey eyes that she adored. He looked back at her, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Draco," She whispered. "Thank you. For everything." Before Draco could say anything else Sophie reached up on her toes and pressed her lips softly to Draco's, catching him completely by surprise. Before be could really register what was happening she had pulled back and stepped out of his arms. "You have no idea how much I wish that I was the girl you liked." With that she slipped into her room, closing and locking the door after her. Draco continued to stand in the hall, stunned that she had just kissed him and basically said she wanted to be with him.

"But you are the girl I like." Draco whispered to the closed door, willing it to open and Sophie to rush out to kiss him again. It didn't happen.

Draco stepped back into his bedroom with his lips still tingling from the kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a short little thing. Now it's been explained why her father was killed.

She kissed him!! Oooo.what do you guys thinks gonna happen next?? Comment and let me know.