Status: active

What Lies Within

O.W.L.s

The fifth years couldn't believe that June was finally here. Along with June came their wonderful O.W.L.s. The next two weeks were going to be pure torture for them all. Sophie and Draco spent a lot of their time studying, the rest of their time was spent confiscating illegal testing objects or study enhancers from other fifth years. Every student had some way, illegally of course, to enhance their brain so they could remember what they were studying. Hermione said that she too had been confiscating many illegal things as well.

"The next two weeks are going to be awful." Draco groaned as he and Sophie walked down the hall after having just gotten their O.W.L. schedule's.

"You're telling me. You at least have Friday off, I have to take Muggle Studies that day." Sophie told him as she looked down at her own crammed schedule.

O.W.L. Schedule for: Sophia Hall

MONDAY June 2nd:
9:30am - Theory of Charms
1:00pm - Charms Practical

TUESDAY June 3rd:

9:30am - Theory of Transfiguration
1:00pm - Transfiguration Practical

WEDNESDAY June 4th:

9:30am - Theory of Herbology
1:00pm - Herbology Practical

THURSDAY June 5th:

9:30am - Theory of Defense Against the Dark Arts
1:00pm - Defense Against the Dark Arts Practical

FRIDAY June 6th:

9:30am - Theory of Muggle Studies
1:00pm - Muggle Studies Practical

MONDAY June 9th:

9:30am - Theory of Potions
1:00pm - Potions Practical

TUESDAY June 10th:

9:30am - Theory of Care of Magical Creatures
1:00pm - Care of Magical Creatures Practical

WEDNESDAY June 11th:

9:30am - Theory of Astronomy
1:00pm - Divination
11:00pm - Astronomy Practical

THURSDAY June 12th:

9:30am - History of Magic Practical


"You're name is actually Sophia?" Draco questioned is girlfriend after he looked over her schedule.

"Yeah, but no one calls me Sophia, obviously. My parents haven't since I was a toddler." She explained, shrugging as she stuffed her schedule in her bag and reached over to lace her fingers with Draco's, earning a smile from him.

"So, after dinner do you want to go study together? I do not feel ready for the Charms exam on Monday at all." Draco asked her as they made their way towards the Great Hall.

"Yeah, that sounds good." She responded. "Hey, do you mind if I have dinner with Hermione and the guys? I haven't seen them much and since the summer holiday is coming up in three weeks, I want to see them as much as I can since I won't see them over break like I normally do." They came to a halt in the entrance of the Great Hall, ready to part ways.

"Oh yeah, you usually go to the Weasley's don't you?" He questioned, trying his hardest to keep the disgust out of his voice when he said the name.

"Yes, Draco and do not start with your whole 'blood traitor' speech, I've heard it far too many times." She warned her boyfriend who couldn't help but laugh.

"Meet me right here when you finish eating, alright?" He told her, still smiling. Sophie smiled and nodded. She reached up on her toes and pressed her lips gently to his.

"I love you.. even if you are a spoiled, arrogant, know it all jerk." She told him. He once again laughed and gave her another kiss.

"I love you too, you adorable, gorgeous, sexy, perfect woman." He responded, grinning. Sophie laughed and rolled her eyes. She smacked his arm gently before they both turned and went to their separate tables.

"Joining us from the dark side, Sophie?" Ron asked when she sat beside him. She laughed and nodded, loading up her plate with the delicious stew that sat in front of her.

"Ready for exams?" Harry asked her, digging into his own food.

"For the most part, still have a lot of studying to get done though. Draco and I are studying Charms after dinner." Sophie explained making them nod.

"Oh, I've been meaning to ask you. My mother is wondering if you will be joining us this holiday at the Burrow?" Ron questioned, his mouth full of food. Sophie waited until she swallowed her own food to respond. It was rude to talk with a full mood but they were all so used to Ron doing it that it seemed like nothing now.

"No, I don't believe that I'll be able to." She told them. Harry looked up from his plate and frowned at her.

"You always come though." He said, frowning still.

"I know but there is a lot going on with my family still. I'm staying with the Malfoy's again and I don't think they would really like it if their guest left them to go stay with the Weasley's. I may be in love with their son but that does not mean they like my choice in friends." Sophie didn't even realize that she had just admitted to them she was in love with Draco. It was such a natural thing now for her that it just slipped out.

"You love Draco?" Harry questioned, his voice quickly taking the turn to cruel. Sophie knew that things were about to get ugly.

"As a matter of fact, I do. He loves me. In fact, he said it to me first." Sophie explained, finishing up her stew right as the desserts arrived in front of them.

"But... how? I mean... it's Malfoy.." Sophie rolled her eyes and dug into a treacle tart, savoring it's deliciousness.

"We've been over this almost the entire year, Harry. Draco is not like that with me. You should know that by now. He's probably the sweetest guy I have ever met. Did I ever tell you how he asked we actually got together?" The trio shook their head so Sophie dived into the story of how Draco had taken her shopping, leaving out of course how they then found out her mother was in love with the Dark Lord. She explained how she kissed Draco and then she ignored him until Christmas. She showed them the necklace that she now wore daily and told them about how he stayed the night with her. She then told them of the tree house and how he had shown her the book with the blacked out words.

"That's so cute!" Hermione gushed, giggling. Sophie smiled and nodded. She turned and found Draco at the Slytherin table. He was already watching, smiling as he watched her show of the necklace he had given her. They connected eyes and Sophie blew him a kiss, which he returned with a wink before Sophie turned back to her friends.

"I still don't understand how you could love him." Harry retorted.

"Well it's a good thing I didn't ask you to, now isn't it? Harry, you are one of my best friends and that hasn't changed even though I am dating Draco. I wish you would just understand that he is not the Malfoy that you know when he's with me. Now, about the holiday, I may not be able to stay all summer but I might be able to get away for a day or two to come visit, I will write you and let you know." Sophie explained, making them nod.

"I hope that you can, it would be very nice to see you over the holiday." Hermione said, smiling at her best friend who returned it.

"I should go. I have a lot of studying to do. If I don't see you this weekend, good luck with your exams." She gave her friends a smile before standing and walking towards the door, Draco already waiting for her. He held out his hand for her and led her towards the Room of Requirement where they did most of their studying. It gave them privacy and peace and quiet.

"So how was dinner with the Gryffindor's?" He asked as they walked.

"Same as always. Harry being all 'how could you date Malfoy?'. Ron's mother wants me to come stay with them over the holiday still."

"You told him that you'll be with me, right?" Draco questioned.

"Yes, I did. I also said that I would try to come visit at least. They are my friends, remember? I would like to see them. Plus I haven't seen Fred and George since they stormed outta here, I miss them." Sophie said, referring to the fireworks that the twins set off before getting their confiscated brooms back and zooming off, leaving Hogwarts behind.

"I guess that would be fine."

"I wasn't asking permission, Draco." Sophie told him, rolling her eyes as they arrived at the Room of Requirement. Draco didn't respond as they went inside and set to work studying. He didn't want to fight with Sophie so he just let it drop. He knew if she wanted to go stay with the Weasley's for part of the summer, she would do it no matter what he said.

The weekend passed quicker than any of the fifth years expected. None of them felt prepared as they made their way down to breakfast Monday morning. Sophie kept asking Draco to ask him how to do certain things and she would respond with the necessary incantation to make this happen. After breakfast the fifth years waiting in the entrance hall before they were called back in to the Great Hall. The long house tables had been replaced by hundreds of individual desks for each student.

"Good luck, love." Draco told Sophie as they walked down the rows to their desks. She smiled at him and kissed his cheek before she took a seat in front of him. They were given their exam papers and set to work. Sophie felt that it was easy enough, she knew all the incantations and wand movements needed.

"That wasn't so bad." She said as her and Draco left the Great Hall. They had an hour before lunch and then after lunch was their Charms practical exam.

"Yes it was. I forgot the wand movements for Windgardium Leviosa." Draco complained, crossing his arms over his chest. "Among a lot of other things."

"Well, I'm sure you will do great during the Practical exam." Sophie assured him. They spent the next hour doing some last minute studying before going up to lunch. They ate quickly before being ordered to a small side chamber in the entrance hall with the other fifth years. Much to Draco's dismay they stood with the trio and waited as the names were called alphabetically.

Hermione and Sophie were called around the same time. Draco reassured her that she would do good and gave her a kiss for good luck before she left the chamber. Draco immediately stepped away from Harry and Ron, giving them a disgusted look. Draco was called soon enough and went to do his exam. Half way into it Harry came in and did is. Draco got so distracted glaring at Harry that he dropped the glass he was levitating, causing it to smash.

"Well maybe if you grew up and stopped being such a jerk towards him, you would have done fine." Sophie told him later at dinner when he told him what happened.

"He just acts like this know it all, goodie two shoes who owns the place." He retorted, making her roll her eyes.

"That sounds like someone else I know and love." She mumbled. Draco simply rolled his eyes and dug into his food, not wanting to answer and start a fight, they both had other things to focus on rather than fighting.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really sorry that it's been so long. I just got back from vacation and now I have a job and what not. I spent a lot of my vacation planning out their O.W.L.s. I had to make Sophie's schedule and then figure out what I wanted to happen with each exam and whatnot. Anyway, in other words, I have things planned for them. Me and my mom actually sat and spent like an hour planning out the Muggle Studies practical and theory exam. no joke, that's how seriously I take this story. lol

so comment and show me some appreciation!