Status: active

What Lies Within

Almost Over.

As the next week went on, the Fifth years felt like their brains were going to explode from studying so much. Luckily though, there was only two days left of exams and then two days after that, Saturday, they got to finally return home. Wednesday morning found Draco and Sophie having an actual peaceful breakfast. They had theory of Astronomy after this, and then Divination after lunch. Both of which would be fairly easy for the two so rather than stress about it, they decided to take a break from cramming their brains.

"I'm worried to go home." Sophie confided in her boyfriend as they ate. Draco lowered his fork from his mouth and looked over at his girlfriend who was staring down at her plate.

"Why?"

"You know why.." She mumbled. Draco frowned for a second before it hit him. The Dark Lord and his promises to make them both Death Eaters. Would it happen this summer? Would they even see The Dark Lord? Draco hoped they wouldn't. He didn't want the love of his life anywhere near that monster.

"It will all be alright, Sophie." He assured her, leaning over to kiss her temple. "You know I won't let you get hurt."

"It's not me I'm worried about, Draco. What about you? I don't want anything to happen to you, either." She told him, finally looking over at him. Her eyes were filled with worry, making Draco sigh. He put his fork down and stood up.

"Come on, we need to get out of here if we are going to talk like this." She nodded and stood up as well, following him from the Great Hall. They went down the hall and found an empty corridor. "Sophie, you need to realize that you are in more danger than I am." He said to her as soon as they were alone.

"That doesn't mean that you aren't in danger too." She retorted, crossing her arms over her chest. She couldn't understand why Draco seemed to not care that he was in the same danger she was.

"Your father went against The Dark Lord, that automatically puts you on The Dark Lords list just by default. Then the fact that you are best friends with Potter makes you a large asset to him. You can be sure that he will try to use you to get close to Potter and you won't have a choice but to obey or you die." Draco explained. Sophie just shook her head, her eyes welling up in tears. Draco reached forward and pulled her into a tight embrace.

"Can we just... go somewhere else? Let's not go home." She suggested. Draco chuckled and shook his head.

"You know that won't stop him from finding us. He didn't for sure say that anything was going to happen this summer, so maybe we'll be fine. Besides, we would be putting our families in danger if we didn't return." At this, Sophie lurched out of Draco's arms, stepping back to slightly glare at him.

"I have no family, Draco. My father was killed protecting me and my mother could care less about me, she's already handed me over to The Dark Lord, not caring if I was dead too. I have nothing to go back to." She told him. Draco sighed but couldn't help but silently admit that she was right. Her mother seemed very uncaring of the fact that she had a daughter.

"You have me, and my parents. You know that you are part of our family. Hopefully one day you really will be officially." Draco reached forward for her hand and brought it up to his lips, kissing the back of her hand gently. She giggled and felt her heart racing at his words. Become a Malfoy? It would only be amazing because it would mean she got to spend forever with the blonde man in front of her.

"I love you, Draco." She whispered as he still clutched at her hand. He brought his free hand up and wiped her tears from her blushing cheeks.

"As I love you." He took a step forward and ducked down, pressing his lips to hers gently. "Come, our Astronomy exam starts soon probably." He told her, making her nod. "You know I'll never allow anyone to hurt you, right? I'd do anything for you."

"As I would for you." She responded, reaching up on her toes to kiss him gently before they both turned and made their way back to the Great Hall.

"Everything alright, Sophie?" Harry asked when he saw the couple walking up, Sophie's eyes still slightly red.

"Everything is great, Harry." She assured him, smiling at him softly. The Astronomy exam was simple enough, just as Sophie figured it would be. Her and Draco ate lunch in silence, neither of them wanting to bring up what they had talked about at lunch though it was on both of their minds. They went up to the North Tower for their Divination exam which was as boring and pointless as the entire class had always been. Draco said that he accidentally knocked the crystal ball off of the table. Sophie giggled at this and then told him about how she had made up an entire story about how the instructors house was to be filled with blast ended screwts come February because his neighbor was raising them illegally. The idea came to her because of Hagrid raising them illegally, of course.

"Ready for Astronomy?" Pansy Parkinson asked the couple at dinner. The Astronomy practical would be taking place at 11 that night. Pansy hadn't spoken to either of them in quite a while so it was quite a surprise that she had joined them for dinner. The couple had gotten rather used to it being just the two of them.

"It should be easy enough." Sophie responded, taking a bite of potatoes.

"Any plans for this summer?" Pansy questioned. "Me and my family are going to America." She bragged. Sophie simply rolled her eyes and focused on her food.

"No plans apart from spending every second with my gorgeous girlfriend." Draco responded, rubbing his hand up and down Sophie's arm, making her grin at him. This effectively shut Pansy up for the rest of dinner.

Later when they got up to the Astronomy Tower, she found that it was a very clear night, perfect for stargazing. Professor Marchbanks, the test examiner, instructed them all to take a telescope and begin their exam, charting the appropriate planets and moons as instructed. Sophie was about a quarter of the way done, just mapping Venus, when the front doors of the Castle opened, bathing the green grass below the in candlelight. A few students looked up and watched as a small group of people, Professor Umbridge among them, walked across the grounds. Then, there was a muffled barking from across the way, coming from Hagrid's cabin.

Sophie looked up but couldn't see much in the distance. She simply shook her head and went back to her exam. There was then a yell followed by a bang. Several students jumped and looked over at Hagrid's cabin as they saw the door swing open and Hagrid and the group of people who had entered the cabin previously with Umbridge were attempting to stun him.

"No!" Hermione and Sophie yelled at the same second. Draco reached over and put his hand on Sophie's back, trying to calm her.

"My dears!" Professor Tofty, the other examiner, screeched. "This is an examination!" No one seemed to care that he was speaking. They were all focused on the commotion below them as Hagrid's Giant skin repelled the stunning spells shot at him. Sophie then looked down to see someone rushing from the castle, yelling at the fighting.

"It's McGonagall!" Sophie exclaimed once she recognized who she was.

"Sixteen minutes remaining!" Tofty exclaimed but no one cared or paid any attention. They watched as all five of the men and Umbridge, turned and at the same exact second shot a stunning spell at her.

"Oh my god!" Sophie yelled, bringing her hand up to her mouth as they all watched in horror as McGonagall was thrown back and did not get up again. Draco pulled Sophie against him, horrified as well.

"Five minutes left." Tofty spoke though he too sounded to no longer care. Sophie looked over at where Harry and the other two were. They exchanged horrified looks. As soon as the exam was over, everyone turned in their exams and rushed from the tower. Sophie and Draco immediately went up to their dormitory, ignoring Crabbe, Goyle and Blaise who were in their as well. Since Sophie stayed in here every night anyway, she hadn't been in her own dorm room since her and Draco's brief breakup, the men had gotten very used to her company. It was normal for her to be sitting on Draco's bed as they all got ready for bed.

"I cannot believe that! What was Umbridge thinking?" Sophie exclaimed as the men changed around her. She always excused herself to the bathroom to change. She didn't care about changing in front of Draco, but she did mind changing in front of the men. They were all far too creepy for her.

"I'm glad the oaf is gone. He was awful." Blaise said, shrugging as he slipped off his shirt. Sophie turned cold eyes on him.

"Hagrid was not the best teacher, but that was just cruel. There's only two days left of the term anyway. She couldn't have waited until term was over?" Sophie said. Draco just shook his head. He knew better by now then to put in his opinion when it came to Sophie and Hagrid. They knew where the other stood and it was best to not start any more drama. Blaise of course had other ideas.

"She just wanted him gone. He's a filthy half blood anyway, he was tainting the school." He said. Sophie rolled her eyes at him.

"You taint this school." She mumbled, standing up. Draco threw his head back and laughed. Sophie slid her robes off, followed by her shoes. "I'll be back." She excused herself from the room after grabbing her pajama pants and t-shirt that she slept in. She went into the bathroom and got changed, doing her other nightly routine things before going back to the room. The guys I guess were still hyped up from the events of the night as they were still standing around, talking. Sophie ignored them and slid into Draco's bed. He followed seconds later, pulling her into his arms.

"Guys, shut up and go to bed." Draco ordered. He heard his friends sigh before they did as they were told. "Goodnight, love." He said to Sophie who simply nodded. Draco sighed and kissed the top of her head before turning over to she was pressed against his stomach. She too turned over to her back was against his chest. When he wrapped his arm around her waist, she laced her fingers with his and that's how she fell asleep..
♠ ♠ ♠
I am SO sorry that it's been over a week since I last updated. I have no excuse apart from pure laziness. Don't hate me! I hope that this update makes up for it.