Status: active

What Lies Within

Worries and Arguments

The next morning brought the fifth years final exam, History of Magic. Needless to say, the students were far from excited.

"I can't wait to just be done with these stupid exams." Draco grumbled that morning at breakfast as he and Sophie devoured their breakfast.

"I want to go take a long nap after we finish. You can join me if you want, but whether you are there or not, I am hibernating until we have to get on the train on Saturday." Sophie told him, finishing her food. Draco laughed and took the last bite of his eggs.

"I will gladly hibernate with you." He informed her, making her nod. So, after everyone finished and the fifth years moved into the Entrance Hall to lull around until they were called back into the Great Hall to take their final exam. Draco and Sophie found desks beside each other, much like they always had, giving each other a kiss for good luck before the exam started.

Sophie found that the questions were simple enough. She was one of the few students who actually paid an ounce of attention and took notes in Binns class. Hermione may have been the only other one. Of course, Draco had been spending the last two weeks reading every one of Sophie's notes so he had all of the information down pretty well also.

Sophie had about ten questions left when she heard the weirdest sound to ever reach her ears. It sounded like a mix between a gasp, a groan, and a startled cry. She turned to see two rows over, Harry having some sort of fit in his seat before he collapsed out of his chair, straight onto the stone floor. Sophie gasped, along with many other students as Professor Tofty rushed over to the unconscious boy.

Sophie was too far away to hear their soft mutterings but soon Tofty lead Harry from the Great Hall. The students looked around at one another before Professor Marchbanks informed them that they had ten minutes left before the exam was finished. Students exchanged one last look before they went back to their exams. Draco looked over at Sophie, seeing that she was scribbling across her page but there was a deep frown on her face, meaning she wasn't truly focusing.

As soon as the exam was over, Professor Tofty having returned and collected Harry's things, Harry never returning, Sophie rushed from the Great Hall, going to attempt to find him.

"Where are you going, Sophie?" Draco called after her as he ran to catch up with her.

"I'm trying to find Harry and see if he's okay." She responded. As she rushed down the halls she found Harry no where, she did find Hermione and Ron though.

"Hey! Where's Harry? What happened in there?" She questioned as soon as she stopped beside them.

"We're not sure, we haven't found him yet either." Hermione told her, exchanging a look with Ron who nodded.

"Oh, okay. Where do you think he could be?" Draco now came to a stop beside Sophie, his arm winding around her waist possessively but she took no notice as she focused on her friends.

"He probably went back to the common room. That's where we are headed." Ron told her, Hermione nodding as well.

"Oh, right. Probably." Of course, he went to a place that Sophie couldn't go to check and see if he was alright. "Well... we'll see you guys at dinner then." With that she turned and walked back down the corridor, Draco following beside her.

"He's fine, Sophie. Stop worrying so much, he probably just fell asleep and had a bad dream or something. You know the Gryffindor's were probably up all night worrying about McGonagall, he was just tired." Draco assured her. She looked up at him and nodded, knowing that he was probably right.

"I still want that nap, come on." She then lead him towards the staircase and up all the way to the 7th floor, getting to the Room of Requirement in silence. They walked in to find it to look exactly like Draco's bedroom back at the Manor. "On second thought... I don't want to nap." She spoke, turning to look up at Draco with a smirk playing on her lips.

"Then wha-?" Draco started to ask but was cut off as her lips captured his. She stood up on her toes, her arms wrapped around his neck, her body pressed against his. Draco smirked into the kiss as he wound his arms around her slip waist, pulling her closer. "I'd rather do this too." He said, breaking away briefly but she kissed him once more.

"Hmmmm." She purred against his lips as she started to walk backwards, tugging him along with her, their lips still connected. She felt the back of her knees hit the edge of the bed, causing her to tumble backwards and straight onto the soft mattress, Draco falling on top of her. They disconnected lips as Sophie slid up, resting against the pillows as Draco kneeled at the end of the bed, grinning at her. "Well get over here." Sophie instructed. Draco smirked and crawled up towards her, their lips pressing together once more, this time much more heatedly.

Draco slid his hand down her side, resting on her hip while her fingers wrapped around the long tresses of blonde on his head.

Sophie had never felt more alive than in this moment. Draco made her feel things that she had never known were even possible. She loved him so much and she knew that he loved her just as much. She decided to voice her love.

"I love you, Draco." She whispered, pulling away from him by a fraction of an inch. He smiled down at her.

"As I love you." He responded. A soft smile came to her lips before his covered hers once more. Draco gripped at her hips before rolling them over so she was on top of him. Though the two had done this numerous times in the past, Sophie felt that something was different about tonight. She felt that maybe tonight would be the night that they took it that one step further, just maybe.

Draco slid his hand up, gripping at her shirt, pulling it out of where it had been tucked into her skirt as part of her uniform. Once the shirt was free, he slid his hand up, his fingers brushing across her soft skin making a quiet groan slip from her lips and straight into his. Her fingers then began making quick work of the buttons of his own shirt, undoing them quickly so she could run her hands across the smooth planes of his chest and stomach which made a shiver run through his body.

"Your hands are cold." He mumbled against her lips, making her giggle.

"Sorry." She giggled back. He grinned and shook his head before his lips were fully on hers once more. She tugged the shirt off of his shoulders. He sat up, making her straddle his lap while she freed him of his shirt. They disconnected lips, staring into one another's eyes as he unbuttoned her shirt, sliding it down her shoulders and arms, freeing her of the fabric, which he tossed onto the floor where there shoes already were.

"You are so beautiful." He mumbled as he looked her up and down. She giggled and wrapped her arms around his shoulders as his lips found the sensitive pulse on her neck. Her giggles quickly turned into moans as he bite and licked at the tender skin.

He laid back once more, pulling her down with him. She put her hands on each side of him to steady herself. She jumped and yelped when her hand touched something hot. She sat up and looked down, finding that they were laying on Draco's discarded shirt and the burning had come from the Inquisitorial Squad badge that was pinned to it. Professor Umbridge needed him for something. Great.

"Umbridge needs you." Sophie said, sliding off of him. He frowned and lifted up his shirt, finding that sure enough the badge was burning, signaling that Umbridge was calling him.

"Is yours doing that too? Maybe she needs the entire Squad." He said, standing up as she continued to lay across the bed. He found her own shirt and badge, finding the badge as cold as it always was. "Oh.." He looked up at her sadly, not wanting to leave her.

"Go on." She told him, sitting up and reaching for her shirt, sliding it on. As she buttoned it up, Draco reached forward and took her face in his hands.

"Come with me. She knows that you and I don't do something unless it together, she'll just have to deal with that." He told her. She sighed and nodded. "Trust me, I don't want to stop this anymore than you do. In fact, I probably want to stop this even less than you do." She giggled and kissed him.

"Come on, get dressed." She instructed as she finished with her shirt, tucking it back in before sliding into her shoes. He quickly did the same. They checked themselves in the mirror, making sure they looked presentable. Their lips were swollen and Sophie had a red mark forming on her neck where Draco had made his mark but she just swept her hair across it, hoping no one noticed. It was the best they could do so they made their way from the room hand in hand, heading to Umbridge's office.

On the way there, they found Ginny and Luna in the hallway, seeming to be stopping anyone from entering the hallway.

"And what are you two doing?" Draco questioned.

"Nothing." Ginny barked, glaring at the blonde before looking at Sophie and smirking. "You two totally just had some fun, huh?" Sophie's eyes widened. She looked up at Draco who looked down at her. Sophie ran her hand through her hair, and sighed.

"Doesn't matter, Ginny. What are you two doing, really?" Ginny simply shrugged. Just then, Umbridge's head popped out of her office. She looked livid.

"Malfoy, Hill!" She screeched when she spotted them. "Bring those two in here, now!" With that she disappeared into her office once more.

"Come on then." Draco growled, grabbing Luna's arm and pulling her into the office, not looking back to see if Sophie had Ginny, which she didn't. Ginny was looking at Sophie, as if waiting for her to do something.

"Please, just come with me." Sophie begged, not wanting to get physical with one of her oldest friends.

"Why would I willingly go into Umbridge's office?" Ginny spat at her. Sophie sighed.

"Then I'm sorry, I have to do this." Before Ginny could do or say anything, Sophie grabbed the younger girl in a headlock and yanked her towards the office.

"Bitch." Ginny grumbled as they walked in.

"Here, I'll take her." Draco walked over to the two struggling girls as soon as they entered. He took the girl from Sophie and pulled her over to the group, which Sophie now looked at.

There was Draco struggling with Ginny, Warrington had a hold of Ron, Millicent Bolstrode was holding onto a struggling Hermione, and a tall 6th year that Sophie didn't know the name of was gripping Neville. Luna stood off to the side beside Draco and Ginny, staring out the window, uncaring of what was going on in front of her. Harry sat in a chair in front of Umbridge's office, covered in soot and looking livid. Umbridge stood in front of him, looking just as angry.

"Well... it looks as though Hogwarts will soon be a Weasley free zone." Umbridge said, looking at the two gingers captured. Draco couldn't help but laugh. Sophie who still stood beside the door glared at him, crossing her arms across his chest. She continued to glare at her boyfriend who stared apologetically back at her while Umbridge continued to yell. From what Sophie gathered, Harry had been trying to contact someone through Umbridge's fire. "Draco and Sophie, go and fetch Professor Snape." Draco nodded and gave Ginny to one of the other Slytherin's standing in the back before he walked over to Sophie. He tried to take her hand but she grabbed it away from him and shoved him out of the door. Sophie looked back at Harry who was watching her and gave him an apologetic look.

"You're angry with me." Draco stated as they walked down the hall.

"Of course I'm angry with you, you bastard!" She screamed. "This is just like that night you captured Harry all over again."

"I don't know what you want me to do, Sophie!" He yelled back. They came to a stop and turned towards one another. It was close enough to dinner time that there were people in the halls to witness their argument. Some even stopped to watch it.

"I want you to be the guy I started dating! Not the coward who does everything that Umbridge wants you to. You are like her little dog. You sicken me when you act like that." She told him.

"We are part of the Inquisitorial Squad, it's our duties to do as Umbridge says!" He yelled. She narrowed her eyes at him.

"Fine, then you know what?" She reached up and unpinned the badge that Umbridge had given her months and months ago and tossed it at Draco. "Fuck you and the Inquisitorial Squad. Now go be a good little boy and get Snape." With that she turned and ran. She made it to the Great Hall and fell into a seat at the Slytherin table. Students turned to look at her as she put her head on the table, trying to control her tears. She lifted her head and looked around. She needed to find someone, anyone. There was no one. Her three best friends were currently captured in Umbridge's office, Pansy was in there as well, being part of the Inquisitorial Squad, Draco was... Sophie didn't care where Draco was. Neville, Ginny, and Luna were gone as well. She had no one.

She stood up from the table quickly, deciding to leave and go somewhere to be alone.

"Everything alright, Sophie?" A 4th year Slytherin girl asked as she passed.

"Everything is great." She mumbled before rushing past her and out of the Great Hall. Sophie ran through the halls, unsure of where she was really going until she found herself back in the corridor where Umbridge's office was. She heard yelling and scuffling before out ran Neville, Luna and Ginny. "What happened?"

"I'd go check on your boyfriend if I were you." Ginny growled at her as they ran past her. Sophie frowned and ran into the room. Crabbe and Goyle were knocked unconscious on the ground beside the door. Millicent and Pansy were cowering in the corner and then there was Draco. He was being attacked by these huge black flapping things. Sophie recognized it instantly as Ginny's bat bogie hex. Sophie sighed and did the counterjinx, freeing Draco who looked around in relief, his eyes resting on Sophie.

"Sophie... they got away." He stated.

"Obviously." Sophie rolled her eyes. "And they passed right by me, I let them go." Sophie shrugged and turned and left the room, stepping over Crabbe and Goyle's still unconscious bodies.

"Soph, wait!" Draco yelled, running after her. "I'm sorry, alright. I was going to let them all go as soon as Umbridge left but they all started attacking us first anyway."

"Wait..." Sophie started, frowning. "Where did Umbridge go?"

"Granger started talking about some... weapon... or something that Dumbledore at them building out in the forest so her and Potter took her to see it." Draco explained.

"There is no weapon, Draco. It was just a hoax to get her out of the room and them away from her. They've probably lost her in the woods and are heading back with Neville and the others." Sophie told him.

"Well whatever, I don't care. I quite the Inquisitorial Squad as well." He told her, pointing to the spot where his badge used to be. It was now just as empty as her's was.

"That doesn't change the fact that I am still mad at you." She told him, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Oh, don't be mad at me." He said, pouting. He reached forward, pulling her into his arms as his lips found her neck. "I hate it when you are mad at me. It happens far too often." He mumbled against her neck. Sophie hated to admit it but she was giving in. She just couldn't resist Draco.

"Then stop being such an ass and I won't have to be mad at you all the time." She told him as she wrapped her arms around his neck. He laughed and pulled back to look into her eyes.

"You know me being an ass is something you love about me." He retorted, grinning.

"No, I don't love that you are an ass. I love that you have a nice ass." She responded, sliding her hands down to rest her hands on the mentioned part of his body, making him laugh.

"Well I love everything about you." He said, leaning down to kiss her softly. "But mainly your ass." She laughed and shook her head before connecting their lips once more.
♠ ♠ ♠
kahfiahckahd. Almost had things go bad for them again but Draco being the charmer he is saved it.
I couldn't stay mad at him either. He's just too darn cute.