Status: active

What Lies Within

Wondering What Waits At Home

Sophie and Draco spent the rest of the evening lounging about the Slytherin common room, enjoying the last few days with their friends. They still had no idea where Umbridge went, as she had not returned and none of the trio showed up for the end of dinner, though Sophie hadn't really expected them to. She would just have to see what happened tomorrow.

Sophie fell asleep in Draco's arms much like she always did but instead of sleeping peacefully like usual, her dreams were rippled with horrifying images of those she loved dying and The Dark Lord laughing sadistically in the background. Mainly it was Draco she cried over, holding his cold and lifeless body but occasionally her father appeared or even one of the trio. The one that haunted her the most though was Draco.

She awoke in a cold sweat and her breathing racing. She looked beside her to see Draco sleeping soundly, which calmed her but her distress seemed to wake her boyfriend even as she calmed down.

"Soph? Is everything alright?" He questioned tiredly.

"Yeah.. just bad dreams." She told him. "Go back to sleep, Dray." She curled back into his chest, his arms wrapping protectively around her as he drifted back to sleep, Sophie soon following.

They couple awoke to Blaise yelling at them to wake up.

"What is going on?" Draco questioned, rubbing at his tired eyes.

"So much stuff happened last night. Apparently Potter and Granger had Umbridge attacked and they raced off to London with the rest of that group of there's. Apparently a ton of Death Eaters were there too and got arrested. Your father, Draco, and Sophie's mother was two of them arrested." Sophie sat straight up, her eyes wide.

"My mother has been arrested?" Sophie questioned, jumping out of bed.

"Yes, here." He shoved the mornings addition of The Daily Prophet in her arms, allowing her to see the headline across the front. BREAK IN AT THE MINISTRY. DEATH EATERS CAUGHT. YOU KNOW WHO HAS RETURNED.

Sophie skimmed over the article, finding that Fudge finally admits that The Dark Lord is back. He then goes on to talk about the fight that broke out between Dumbledore and The Dark Lord and how a large number of Death Eaters were captured. Lucius Malfoy and Irene Hill were among them. It also stated that Sirius Black was killed.

"Oh my god." Sophie gasped, handing the article to Draco who read it quickly.

"Son of a bitch." Draco cursed, running a hand through his hair.

"I need to go find Harry." Sophie said, grabbing her clothes for the day before rushing into the bathroom to change. "I'll see you downstairs." She told Draco after she got ready. He wasn't ready yet so she simply gave him a peck on the lips and left, rushing up to the Great Hall, finding the trio easily.

"Hey!" She gasped, taking a seat beside a very sad looking Harry. Sophie noticed that Dumbledore once again sat at the head table, though the seat beside him was still unoccupied by McGonagall. "What happened last night?"

"Well..." So Harry told a brief story of what happened. Apparently what the Daily Prophet reported was the exact truth for once. "I'm really sorry that your mom had to be there though." Sophie simply shook her head.

"She hasn't been my mother for months. I'm more worried about Draco..." She said softly, turning to find that her mentioned boyfriend had just taken a seat with Blaise, Crabbe, and Goyle at the Slytherin table. "I'm really sorry about Sirius, Harry." She told him, turning back to give him a soft smile but he simply shrugged.

"Yeah... it sucks." He responded. Sophie sighed.

"I should get going. I'll write to you guys over the summer though, yeah? If I don't see you before we leave in the morning, have a wonderful holiday. I'll definitely try and come stay with you over the summer, Ron."

"Good, I hope that you can. Otherwise, have a great holiday." The ginger responded, smiling at her softly. She smiled and returned it before kissing Harry's cheek.

"Bye." She then stood up and made her way back to her correct table, taking a seat beside her boyfriend.

"How's things in Gryffindor land?" He asked, piling her plate full of eggs for her.

"Fine. Depressing. Harry's really upset about Sirius." She told him, digging into her food.

"Well I'm pissed. My dad got arrested and its because of him." Draco spat, glaring at the brunette across the way. Sophie elbowed him and gave him a look which quickly made Draco drop his eyes and sigh. "I just want to go home already."

"I don't..." Sophie mumbled, her nightmares from the night before quickly popping up in her mind. She didn't want to face The Dark Lord. Not now that he's surely to be angered about finally being revealed that he's returned. Surely he was now going to make Sophie and Draco his Death Eaters. Sophie would rather run away and live in the woods for the rest of her life. She knew Draco wouldn't go though, he wouldn't leave his mother. Sophie had no one that she had to stay behind for, apart from Draco of course. And no, she couldn't leave Narcissa either, she was more of a mother to her than her own mother ever has been.

"It will be fine, love. I promise." Draco assured her, kissing her temple. Sophie simply nodded.

The couple spent the rest of the day walking around the castle, even spent some time cuddling beside the Black Lake. Eventually though, it was the next morning and they were all packed and on the Hogwarts Express, rushing back home. What awaited for them they had no idea.

Sophie tried to put a brave face on, pretending that she wasn't terrified out of her mind but she really was. Soon, too soon for her liking, they pulled up at Kings Cross.

"You ready?" Draco asked her as they stepped out of the compartment they had shared with their friends. Draco laced their fingers together as they joined the mass of students exiting the train.

"No." She whispered but gave her boyfriend a soft smile none the less. He just squeezed her fingers gently and lead the way off the train. They soon found his mother standing off by herself in the back of the platform. She had her head down and was getting many looks from everyone walking by. Draco sighed and lead the way over. When Narcissa lifted her head, it was obvious that this entire thing had taken a toll on her. She looked as if she hadn't slept in days, with the bags under her eyes and her smile didn't quite reach her eyes.

"Draco, Sophie. Lovely to see you!" She greeted, pulling them both into tight hugs. "Shall we head home?" Her voice broke slightly as she asked this but she kept up the smile anyway. The couple exchanged looks before nodding and following her through the brick wall.

Neither wanted to face what waited for them at home but they knew that whatever it was... they would face it together.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am SO sorry that it's been over a week. D:
I've just been busy. :(

The next few chapters shall be fun. (: