Status: active

What Lies Within

Announcements

The next morning after breakfast Narcissa pulled Sophie into her bedroom, a place that Sophie had never entered. Draco said that he himself had never even entered that section of the house. Sophie was beyond confused as to why her Godmother was bringing her in here until she saw the numerous dresses laying across the bed.

"These are gorgeous, Narcissa." Sophie gasped, running her fingers across the soft chiffon and lace of the dresses.

"I would like you to pick one. It will be what you wear to the event tonight." Narcissa explained. Sophie looked at her for a second before nodding. This really was a formal event, to need such dresses as these. Sophie picked up a few dresses, holding them against her body, trying to imagine what they would look like. "You may try them on if you'd like." Sophie nodded and did just that.

After trying on five of the dresses there was one left and Sophie hoped this one was a winner because the others were kind of... not her. She slipped on the black chiffon and sequined dress, Narcissa zipping it up for her before she turned towards the full length mirror, a gasp escaping both her and Narcissa's mouths.

"This is the one." She told the other woman who nodded in agreement, a small smile creeping on her lips.

"You look beautiful, Sophia." Sophie's eyes widened, no one had called her Sophia in years. If felt so strange but she smiled none the less at her Godmother.

"Thank you so much, Narcissa." Sophie turned and hugged her before changing back into her jeans and tee shirt that she had started the day in.

"Of course, dear." Narcissa responded, going to hang the other dresses back up in her large closet. "You really care for my son, don't you?" The question caught Sophie off guard. It seemed more accusatory than questioning. It made Sophie uncomfortable.

"I love Draco, ma'am." Sophie responded honestly.

"Good. I am glad that he has you in such difficult times." Narcissa responded, giving the confused girl a soft smile. "Let Draco know that the two of you are to enter the ballroom at 6:30, all of our guests will be waiting for you." Sophie wanted to questioned why everyone would be waiting for them but decided to not question it. Instead she just nodded, gathered up the dress and excused herself, rushing up to her and Draco's bedroom, finding that he sat on the balcony, enjoying the warm June sunlight.

"What did my mother want?" He called into her as she put the dress in the closet.

"To give me a dress for tonight." Sophie responded, walking out to the balcony, taking a seat in Draco's lap. "She says we need to go to the ballroom at 6:30, that the guests will be waiting for us." Sophie recited to her boyfriend who frowned.

"I'm getting the feeling more and more that this 'event' is for us for some odd reason." Draco said, mirroring Sophie's thoughts.

"I feel the same. I wish I knew what on earth was going on." She mumbled, resting her head on his shoulder.

"We'll know soon enough, I guess." Sophie simply nodded against his shoulder. They lay together in the warm sun for a little while before Sophie decided she wanted to take a bubble bath.

"Mind if I join you?" Draco questioned as she bent over, filling the large tub in the bathroom with hot water and bubbles.

"Yes, I do mind." She told him, laughing. He pouted and exited the room while she continued to laugh. When the bath was full enough she slipped out of her clothes slid into the hot water, her tense muscles instantly relaxing. She put her head against the side of the tub and closed her eyes.

A few minutes after she had gotten in the water Draco entered the bathroom once again. Sophie didn't mind though as all the bubbles covered her body well enough so he saw nothing, much to his disappointment.

"May I help you, Draco?" Sophie questioned as he sat down on the marble floor beside the tub, leaning his arms against the edge as he smiled at her.

"I was bored." He told her, shrugging.

"Well I am not in the mood to entertain you, go find something else to do." She joked, splashing him. He gasped and looked down at his wet shirt.

"Well that's not very nice!" He exclaimed. "This will just have to go then." In the next second he yanked his wet shirt over his head and tossed it across the room to join her discarded clothing. She giggled and shook her head. "You can splash my pants too, if you'd like." Sophie broke into louder giggles.

"Keep dreaming, Dray." She told him, making him pout.

"Well maybe I'll just take them off anyway." With that he stood up and unbuckled his jeans while Sophie laughed, hiding her face with bubble covered hands.

"Draco!" She giggled while he slid out of his jeans, leaving himself in nothing but his boxers. "Will you put your clothes on!" She demanded but he shook his head.

"No. In fact, I think I'll join you, move up." He ordered. Sophie raised her eyebrows at him but did as he said anyway. He then got into the warm water behind her, soaking his boxers as he sat down, allowing her to rest her back against his chest.

"You could have taken these off," Sophie told him, pulling at the fabric of his boxers on his thigh beside her. "It's not like I have any clothes on."

"Oh trust me, baby, I know you don't." Draco mumbled, kissing her neck while he ran his hands under the water across her stomach and to her thighs. "You are so gorgeous, Soph." He whispered, moving his lips down to her bare shoulder.

"E-excuse me?" Both of them jumped at the squeaky voice that came from the doorway. They turned to find a very nervous house elf standing here, looking at the floor. "Your mother has asked me to collect you, it is lunch time." He informed them.

"Okay, thank you." Sophie told him. He bowed and left the room while Draco groaned.

"Who knew a fucking house elf could be a cock block." He grumbled making her giggle.

"Come on, lunch time!" Sophie stood up from the bubbly water, reaching for her robe that hung on a rack beside the tub, quickly covering her body from Draco's intense gaze. She avoided looking at him as she dried herself off and exited the room. Draco followed her into the bedroom. She put on a pair of pajama pants and t-shirt while he did the same.

"We'll continue that later." He promised her when they were dressed. He pulled her into his arms and pressed his lips to his.

"Come on." She said, giggling as she pulled away from him. She took his hand and led him down to lunch where his mother was already half way through eating.

"Afternoon." She greeted them as they sat down.

"Hello." Draco muttered, digging into his food.

"Sophie has informed you of the time you two are to join us this evening, correct?" Narcissa questioned her son who nodded, not looking up from his plate. "Wonderful." The spent the rest of their meal in silence.

"It's so awkward to be around her." Draco said later when they made their way back up to their room.

"She's upset, can you really blame her?"

"No, of course not. It just makes me uncomfortable to have my mother so upset all of the time." He said as he sat on their bed while she went to the vanity mirror, grabbing her brush to fix the tangles in her hair.

"I know, I don't like it either. Things will work out soon enough though." She assured him. Draco simply nodded and laid down on the pillows, closing his eyes. Sophie saw that it was already almost 3 o'clock. "I'm going to go shower so I can get ready for tonight." She told her boyfriend who simply grunted in recognition. Sophie went into the large bathroom once more and took a shower, shaving and washing the appropriate parts of her body.

Walking back into the bedroom she found that Draco was fast asleep on the bed. He looked too adorable and innocent to wake so she simply kissed his forehead and allowed him to sleep while she did her hair and makeup in the bathroom. By the time she finished it was already 5:45 so she woke Draco, informing him of the time.

"I don't want to go tonight." He groaned, rolling over to bury his face in the pillows.

"Well too bad, you have to. Now get up and get ready or I will go get your mother." She threatened. He groaned and sat up, glaring at her. She giggled at his bed head. "That's a sexy look for you." She told him, running her hands through the long locks.

"You look pretty sexy as well. You should just go like this." Draco told her, looking down at her shear silk robe that barely covered her thighs. "I love that makeup and the way your hair is styled, as well." Sophie laughed and shook her head.

"Get up." She told him, going to the closet to pull out the dress. As she slid into it she heard Draco get up and begin getting ready as well. "I need your help, Dray!" She called to him when she couldn't reach the zipper.

"What?" He questioned as he walked into the closet. His hair was wet, meaning he had been attempting to tame it, it wasn't really working. It made Sophie giggle. "Stop laughing at me, I'm not done yet." He defended, making her laugh more.

"Zip up my dress, please." She asked him, turning around. She pulled her softly curled red hair to the side, giving him access to the zipper on the back of the dress. He sighed and did as she asked.

"There you go." He leaned down and kissed her shoulder gently. "You look beautiful, my love."

"Thank you." She turned and reached up to peck his lips before shooing him out of the room to finish getting ready as they only had 20 minutes now. Sophie spent the next few minutes trying on different pairs of high heels that she owned, trying to find a good pair. Finally she decided on a pair of silver pumps. "Do these shoes look alright?" She asked Draco as she walked out of the closet. She lifted the hem of her dress to show him the shoes.

"They look wonderful." He assured her as he buttoned up his shirt. His blonde hair was now tamed perfectly like it always was and he was dressed in his usual black suit.

"You look good." She told him, making him smile as he put on his cuff links.

"Almost ready?" He asked her as she rummaged around her jewelry box, looking for the perfect accessories to finish off her look.

"Yeah." She told him as she did the clasp on her necklace that Draco had given her months previously. She put in her earrings and put on a few bracelets before she deemed herself finished. "And just in time." She said, noting that it was 6:27. By the time they walked to the other side of the house where the ballroom was, it would be 6:30.

"Let us go then." Draco held his arm out to her. She smiled and linked their elbows. They walked out of the room and down the stairs, making their way silently to the ballroom where they heard music and chatting voices as they neared it. "Ready?" Draco asked as they stood outside the doors. Sophie took in a deep breath and nodded.

"Yes." She told him. He leaned down and pecked her lips before opening the door. As soon as they entered the music stopped and everyone turned to look at them. Soon enough everyone broke into smiles and began applauding them.

"Do you know why they are clapping?" Draco whispered in Sophie's ear. Sophie looked up at him and shook her head.

"Oh you two look so lovely!" Narcissa gushed as she ran up to them. "Follow me and you will find out what all of this is about!" She then began to push them across the room to a make shift stage that had not been there the previous day. As they stood atop it, Sophie looked around the room.

She recognized many familiar Death Eater faces but one stood out the most across the room. The pale, snakelike face of Lord Voldemort grinned at the couple from his seat on the other side of the ballroom. His grin made Sophie's hair stand on end. Draco took her hand, spotting what she had, and squeezed tightly while Narcissa cleared her throat, smiling at the crowd in front of them.

"Thank you all so much for joining us on this marvelous evening!" She greeted. "Now, Draco and Sophie are not aware of what is going on right now. Sophie, Draco.. I want to inform the two of you that the two of you are to be married!"

Sophie felt as if her eyes were about to pop out of their sockets. Married? Married?!

She was fifteen, almost sixteen. She couldn't get married. Though according to the grin that The Dark Lord continued to give her... she was going to have to anyway...
♠ ♠ ♠
So that's the big announcement! teehee! :D

Here is Sophie's dress