Status: active

What Lies Within

Wedding Plans

The next morning Sophie awoke early and left Draco to sleep for a little while longer, not wanting to disturb him. She showered and dressed before venturing from the room, still leaving Draco asleep. She wandered down the dark and long hallway of the place she considered home.

Sophie finally found herself in the large ballroom. There was something about this large space that called to her. She just loved the marvelous detail and the amazing crystal chandeliers. She stood in the center of the room, staring up at the ceiling.

"This is a wonderful room, isn't it?" Sophie jumped and turned to the door, seeing Narcissa entering, a soft smile on her face.

"Yes, it's very beautiful." Sophie tells the older women who nods, walking across the room to stand beside her future daughter in law.

"Where is Draco? I rarely ever see the two of you apart." Narcissa asks, making Sophie shrug.

"I let him sleep. Yesterday was a stressful day." She responds. Narcissa sighs and nods. "Are we still going to lunch to talk about the wedding?"

"Of course, if you would like."

"Yes, please. Draco and I really want to get everything underway." Sophie tells Narcissa who smiles and nods.

"Well breakfast is currently served, in a few hours we will leave." Sophie nods. "Do you want to wake Draco or let him sleep more?"

"I'll wake him, he'd be upset if he missed a meal." Sophie says, both the ladies smiling, knowing that it was the truth.

"Very well. I will see the two of you in the dining room." With that Narcissa turned and left the room, closing the door gently after her. Sophie looked around the ballroom once more before giving a sigh and leaving the room. She went back to her bedroom and found Draco still fast asleep.

"Draco." She whispered, walking across the room. "Wake up." She sat down beside her sleeping fiance, putting her hand on his cheek. "Draco." He groaned and shifted around. "Time to get up."

"Nooo." He whined. Sophie laughed and leaned down to press her lips to his. He instantly began kissing her back, his lips moving against hers. He brought his hands up to take her face in his hands, tangling his fingers in her hair. She pulled away and smiled at him.

"Get up. It's time for breakfast." She tells him, making him pout.

"It's nice and warm in bed though." He complains. She laughs and stands up.

"Well fine then, don't come down to breakfast. I'm hungry though so I'll see you later." She turns and walks slowly towards the door, smiling when she hears him jump out of bed.

"Don't leave me. I'll come with you." She stops and turns back to grin at him.

"I thought so." She stands beside the door, waiting for him to slip on a pair of pants over his boxers and a t-shirt. When he finished they walked out of the room, their hands linked together.

"Are you and my mother still going out today?" He asks as they walk, their hands swinging together between them. Sophie was glad that after everything the two of them had gone through, and everything they were getting ready to face, they still had each other. They weren't alone and they never would be.

"Yeah, I saw her this morning. We're going out in a few hours." She explains, making him nod. Breakfast was a silent affair, like every meal lately has been.

"Hopefully lunch with her won't be so silent and awkward." Draco says after they leave the dining room, Narcissa telling Sophie to meet her in the entrance hall at one. "If it is, I wish you luck." Sophie laughs and shakes her head.

"I want to go outside. We are always cooped up in the house, come on." Sophie took Draco's hand and pulled him through the house until they reach the back door. They venture outside into the warm sunshine.

"Where do you want to go?" Draco asked her. She just shrugs so together they begin to walk slowly around the large backyard, through the flower garden until they reach a small pond. They used to spend a lot of time lounging around this when they were little kids. "I haven't been out here in ages."

"This used to be my favorite place to be." Sophie says as they sit in the warm grass, laying down onto their back. Sophie reached over and linked their hands together, resting them between them. "How's your arm?" She asks him, making him shrug.

"Can't really feel that it's there." He tells her, making her nod. Sophie would be forever grateful that Draco got her out of becoming a Death Eater but it kept haunting her that the only way for her to stay this way was for Draco to murder their headmaster. She would rather become a Death Eater then have her husband become a murderer.

Sophie turned, releasing Draco's hand, as she slid over, curling into his side, resting her head on his chest while his arm wrapped around her, resting on her waist.

"I never want to lose you, Draco." She whispered. Draco sighed and turned to kiss her forehead, leaving his lips against her skin as he closed his eyes, taking in her sweet scent.

"You never will, love. We will be together, forever, no matter what." He promised. She simply nodded and just curled closer against him. They laid like this for a while before getting up and continuing to walk around the yard a bit. Soon though, it was time for Sophie to meet with Narcissa so they could go out. Sophie walked with Draco back to their bedroom where he gave a dramatic sigh.

"What's wrong, Dray?" Sophie asks, concerned as she watched him sit on the bed.

"I'll just miss you." He says, smiling. "I also worry about you going out without me." He says. "I don't want anything to happen to you." Sophie smiled and walked over to him, wrapping her arms around his shoulders, leaning down to peck his lips.

"Draco, I'll be fine. Plus, you have this to know that I'm safe." She says, running her hand down his arm and to his wrist where the black bracelet she had given him for his birthday still rested, the red jewel still glowing and warm.

"I know." He says, sighing but smiled up at her anyway. "Have fun planning out wedding." Sophie grinned down at him and gave him one last kiss before turning and leaving the room. When she entered the entrance hall she found that Narcissa was waiting for her.

"Sorry if you've been waiting long, Draco was worried about us going out." Sophie explained but Narcissa smiled and shook her head.

"I just arrived here myself, don't worry. Shall we go?" Sophie nodded.

"How are we getting there?" The teen asked the older woman who smiled and held her arm out. Sophie nodded and took it, knowing that she was about to apparate. She had done this a few times with her father and always hated it, it was like being sucked through a tube, though maybe it'll be a little better once she learns how to do it herself this year.

"Here we go." In the next second Narcissa turned on the spot and the two of them disappeared with a snap. Seconds later Sophie found that they stood in an alleyway. She could hear the soft lull of shoppers somewhere in the near vicinity. "There is a lovely cafe a few blocks from here. Lucius used to take me here when we were younger." Narcissa explained as she began to lead the way towards the street.

They stepped out onto a cobblestoned street, lined with many shops. There weren't as many people about as Sophie expected there usually was but she could tell that they were all witches and wizards. She really wondered where they were but decided to not question Narcissa too much, as at the mention of her incarcerated husband, Narcissa's eyes filled with the familiar coldness and sadness she'd had a lot more lately.

Together they walked in silence down the street until Narcissa turned and went into a small cafe, easily getting a table. They looked at the menus and ordered their food and sat in silence for a minute or two. Sophie really wanted to break the silence but she just didn't know how.

"So, we talked about the wedding happening before the end of the summer holiday, that is alright, yes?" Narcissa finally said, making Sophie nod.

"Draco and I are actually really excited for this. We know that we'll be together forever anyway. Draco is just upset because now he doesn't get to make a large proposal." Sophie says, making Narcissa smile.

"Well knowing Draco, I'm sure he's got one planned anyway." She says. Sophie nods. "So, the wedding will be in about a month or so. That's settled. Now, where would you like it to happen. I've thought of a few places but I'd really like you to have the final say as it is your big day."

"Can we have it in the ballroom?" Sophie instantly asks. There was something about that large space that just drew her in. It was one of the few, apart from her and Draco's bedroom, rooms in the house that she felt comfortable in.

"Of course, that would be a very lovely place for it." Narcissa says, smiling. The two spend a few more minutes chatting about certain decorations that Sophie would and wouldn't like before their food arrived and they ate in silence. "Now, I know that you may not have had this plan for the day but I would really like to start dress shopping for you. After all, the dress is a large part of a wedding, right?" Sophie's eyes widened. Dress shopping? Now?

"Um... yeah.. sure... errr... I'd love to." She stuttered out. Narcissa nodded. So after they finished eating and paid, Sophie followed Narcissa back to the alleyway and took her arm. They once again apparated, this time appearing right in the middle of a dress shop.

"This is where I got my wedding gown, I know the owner." Narcissa explained. Sophie simply nodded, staring around at the expensive dresses. Sophie turned a short, angry looking old women walked out. When she saw Narcissa she broke into a crinkly smile. "Matilda, this is Sophie Hill, my soon to be daughter in law." Narcissa introduced.

"Ahh, so the day has finally come where the Malfoy's and Hill's bloodline crosses." Matilda growled out, her voice rough and gravely. "She sure is a pretty thing, Draco is a lucky lad." Sophie could do nothing but smile in thanks. "Is it arranged or is Draco just popping the question in haste of recent events?" Matilda asked Narcissa who smiled.

"It is arranged but they had already been dating previously, the wedding is not happening against their will." Narcissa explains.

"Well, let's get a dress on that pretty lady." Matilda grabs Sophie's hand and pulls her over to a stool, making her stand on it. She then spends the next five minutes getting all kinds of measurements from every part of Sophie's body before she dashes off to find a dress.

Sophie tried on dress after dress, dresses in every style, every length and just couldn't decide on something. It was a shock to see herself in a wedding dress, it made everything just that much more real. She was getting married in a little over a month. It was too much for her to wrap her head around. She was only 15, two weeks away from being 16, how was it that she was already getting married?

"Don't worry, dear, we'll find you a dress." Narcissa says after the ninth dress. Matilda had once again rushed off to find something, mumbling under her breath about how difficult Sophie was being. Before Sophie could respond to Narcissa, Matilda returned with a dress over her arm. She helped Sophie change into it and did up the back for her. Sophie couldn't help but gasp as she looked at herself in the mirror.

The dress was a full ballgown with lace detail down the skirt. It had long, sheer lace sleeves over a strapless bodice. There was a silver jeweled sash around her waist, showing off her curves.

"Sophie, this looks marvelous!" Narcissa gasped. Sophie could do nothing but nod. This dress. She could see herself getting married in this dress. She pictured Draco waiting for her, holding his hand out towards her, a smile on his handsome face. She could picture spending an entire night dancing and laughing with her new husband.

"This is the dress." Sophie says, making Narcissa nod in agreement.

"I couldn't agree more." So, Matilda made promises to have it fit perfectly and ready within a few days for another fitting. Narcissa paid for the gown before Sophie took her arm and in the next second they were in the entrance hall of the Malfoy Manor. "Today has been a great day, Sophie. I thank you for accompanying me. I know things have been difficult lately but a wedding in a time like this brings that little bit of light that we all need to get through it."

"Narcissa, I'm sorry about everything that has happened. You are so strong to be dealing with this all alone. I couldn't do any of this without Draco. I just want you to know how grateful I am that you are here for me when my own mother isn't." Sophie says. Narcissa smiles and pulls the teenager into a tight hug.

"You are the greatest thing that has ever happened to this family, Sophie. It is I who cannot thank you enough for welcoming Draco into your heart. Without you I fear that I would lose him." Narcissa pulls back and smiles at Sophie before she turns and disappears down the hall. Sophie sighs and makes her way up to her bedroom where she finds Draco lounging on their bed, reading one of the books she had given him for his birthday.

"Well hello, love." He greets when he sees her, putting the book down on the bedside table. "You two were gone for much longer then just lunch." Sophie walked over too the bed, easily curling into his arms while she grinned up at him.

"Well.. because we did a little something more." She says, making Draco frown.

"Oh?" Sophie nods.

"I picked out a wedding dress." She says, unable to control her large smile as Draco smiles as well.

"Where is it? I want to see it." Draco says but Sophie laughs and shakes her head.

"You cannot see it until our wedding day, which will be in a little over a month and is happening in the ballroom here." Sophie explains, Draco's grin gets bigger.

"This is all real, isn't it?" He whispers making her nod.

"It is... It all became even more real when I was standing their in a wedding dress." Draco laughs and nods.

"I'm the luckiest man in the world, being able to call you my wife." He says, pressing a soft kiss to her lips. In that moment, she knew she was the luckiest girl in the world, having such a great soon to be husband.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sophie's outfit
Sophie's wedding dress.

I am SO SO SO sorry that it's been like a month. I've started a new writing blog on tumblr and I've been focusing on that. I feel awful though and I hope that this cute update makes up for it. (: