Status: active

What Lies Within

Do I Hear Wedding Bells?

The day was closing in. It was so close now to the date of the wedding. Sophie awoke every morning beside Draco and would just smile, watching his sleeping form for minutes, some times hours. As the day drew nearer and nearer, the house became full of Death Eaters, even Voldemort had begun staying at the house, which made Sophie very uncomfortable and she tried to avoid the house almost as much as possible.

The morning of the wedding came quicker than both Sophie and Draco expected. Bright and early, Narcissa rushed into the room and took Sophie, saying that the next time Draco would see her was when she was walking down the isle. While Draco got ready in their bedroom, Narcissa had Sophie sitting in a chair in front of her vanity, doing the teens makeup and hair to perfection.

"I didn't know you were this good at makeup, Narcissa." The teen told her soon to be mother in law as she finished up doing a cute purple smokey eye on her. Narcissa smiled at her through the mirror.

"I've been practicing to perfect that look just for today." She confessed making Sophie laugh. She had found, by spending so much time with Narcissa planning the wedding, that she really was a fun lady to be around. Her hard, strict exterior was all for show since she was a "Malfoy". Sophie often wandered if she was to be expected to put up the same front. Surely not since everyone knew her to be the opposite. When she voiced this to Draco, he said that she better not change. He was marrying the sweet, caring girl that everyone, including himself, loved. He didn't want that to change.

After Narcissa magically curled Sophie's red hair, she helped Sophie slip into the dress that they had gone and had fitted many weeks previously. It fit perfectly and now as Sophie looked into the mirror, just about twenty minutes away from saying "I do" and becoming Mrs. Draco Malfoy, it all felt far more real than it had when she first put on the dress.

"Excited?" Narcissa asked after she finished doing up the back of the dress. Sophie turned and smiled at her, nodding.

"I really am, Narcissa. Draco is who I want to spend forever with and I'm glad this day is finally here." Sophie says honestly. Sure, she was only sixteen years old and had two more years left of school, but Draco was who she was meant to be with, she was sure of that.

"Good." Narcissa smiles at Sophie before reaching down and grabbing the lace high heels they had picked out, handing them to the teen who slipped them on. Sophie stared at herself in the mirror, unable to contain her grin. This was it. "Ready?"

"Yeah." Sophie responds with a whisper. She takes Narcissa's hand and the bouquet of purple flowers beside her and allows herself to be lead from the bedroom. All of the guests were already in the ballroom so they met no one on their way.

"I must go take my seat but when the music starts, enter alright?" Narcissa explains. Sophie smiles and nods. Narcissa leans and kisses the young girls cheek. "I'm so sorry that your father couldn't be here for this, he'd be so happy. He wanted this most of all."

"Thank you, Narcissa." The older woman smiles before making her way into the ballroom. Sophie can hear the quiet chatter of their guests. Most of them Sophie had even talked to, or even wanted to talk to. They were all Death Eaters. Sophie really did wish that her father was here to walk her down the isle, or even her mother. Someone from her family. But of course, she had no one because they all got wrapped up in the dark arts too much and were either dead or in Azkaban.

Sophie was broken from her thoughts as soft violin music broke through the air. It was her time. She took a deep breath, clutching at the bouquet tightly with her hands. She then forced her feet one in front of the other and stepped through the door. She looked around at all of the cold, pale faces looking at her. Some of them were smiling, some of them showed no emotion. A few even gave her sympathetic looks, obviously thinking that it was either sad that a 16 year old was marrying already, or the fact that she was doing this walk alone. Her father was a loved man, even among Death Eaters and he wasn't missed by only her.

Her eyes trailed away from the guests, skipping over the Dark Lord in the front all together, jumping across the purple fabrics, lights, and flowers all around the place, until finally her eyes rested on the best looking thing in the entire world. Her fiance. Draco stood at the make shift alter, a large smile on his face as he clasped his hands together in front of him. He had eyes for no one and nothing but Sophie as she glided towards him.

The couple smiled at each other before finally she arrived at him. He held out his hand towards her, smiling as she rested her warm hand gently in his. She stepped up beside him, their hands linked together as they turned towards the officiator. The old withering man cleared his throat and began talking about the joining of two souls, how Sophie and Draco were meant to be. Soon though, the couples were instructed to exchange vows so they turned towards one another, smiling. Draco cleared his throat and began.

"Sophie, my dear Sophie. The love of my life, my best friend, my other half. We started off rough, very rough. You hated me and I didn't blame you. In the past almost year that we've gotten to know one another you have changed me into a much better person. You've shown me the light when there just wasn't any. You brought out the heart in me that I didn't think existed. You give me a reason to live, a reason to fight and I swear for every second of everyday for the rest of forever to never let anything harm you. I love you so much." Draco's words brought tears to Sophie's eyes as she smiled up at her soon to be husband. She brought up her hand, wiping at her tears before she began.

"Draco, I've known you my entire life and watching you turn from a sweet little boy to the arse of the school was really hard." Sophie pauses to laugh a little, causing Draco's grin to grow. "I knew that the sweet guy was still somewhere underneath there and slowly you let him back out to me and I'm so glad that you did. You are my strong, brave protector and I don't know what I would do if you weren't in my life. I see the heart in you that not many people get to see and it amazes me how caring you are. I can't wait to be beside you for the rest of my life and show you every day how much you mean to me." The couple kept their eyes locked for the rest of the ceremony, barely listening to the officiators words until her pronounced them husband and wife and Draco was instructed to kiss his bride.

"I think I shall do just that." He said, his arms wrapping around Sophie's waist. She giggled and tossed her arms around his neck, their lips pressing together while everyone stood and gave them applause. "We're married. You are mine, Mrs. Malfoy." Draco whispered when they pulled apart, making Sophie grin and nod.

"And I couldn't be happier." She says, nudging her nose against his.

"Me neither." He counters before kissing her once more, turning and dipping her towards the ground, making her giggle into his mouth and the applause grow louder.

Once they pulled apart, they turned and received hugs from Narcissa who had to dab at her eyes with a handkerchief.

"Now now, no crying. You will ruin your makeup." Narcissa says to Sophie as she too has her tears returning after she embraces the woman who was now officially her mother. Narcissa wipes at Sophie's tears with her handkerchief, smiling. "I'm so happy that you are part of the family now, Sophie."

"There's no other family I'd rather be in." Sophie tells her honestly, pulling her into another tight hug. Draco appears beside them, having just finished talking to some other family member. He smiles at his mother and now wife, wrapping an arm around each of them.

"Why are my two favorite ladies crying?" He asks, making them both laugh.

"Just female emotions." Narcissa assures him. He smiles and nods, leaning down to kiss Sophie's forehead. Sophie looked up at him, her heart swelling with joy. This man was her husband, she was spending forever with him. Forever. It was so scary, especially with the upcoming year and tasks Draco had to face, as well as the impending war facing the world, yet Sophie couldn't be more excited. Forever with this man didn't seem all too bad.

Later, the couple and their guests lounged around the ballroom, some of them eating, drinking, talking with one another, and a few danced. Sophie and Draco were included in the dancing group. The couple twirled and spun around the dance floor, laughing and dancing as they went, uncaring of some of the looks they were getting from the more proper guests. This was their day, they would spend it how they chose.

Sophie soon stopped, giggling, trying to catch her breath. She informed Draco that she was going to get a drink before rushing off to the table full of crystal glasses. Right as she grabbed it, a short, skinny woman appeared beside her. She had never met her but she had the same cruel and sharp features that the Malfoy's did so Sophie figured that she was a family member of some sort.

"I would just like to congratulate you on marrying into the Malfoy's." She said. Sophie smiled down at her and nodded.

"Thank you."

"I know the Malfoy's have a reputation of being heartless bastards but there are a few good ones in the bunch and Draco definitely is one." Sophie smiles and nods, turning to look at her husband as he danced on the dance floor, this time with his mother who was laughing at her sons antics. Narcissa really had never seen Draco so happy.

"Draco certainly is." Sophie agrees. The older woman smiles and pats Sophie's hand.

"Hold on to him, dear. And again, welcome to the family."

"Thank you." The woman nods before she turns and trudges off, her back hunched. Sophie reaches for the drink she originally came for and downed it quickly before grabbing two more. She sipped at one while walking across the dance floor to Draco who had just stopped dancing with his mother, both of them laughing. "I brought you guys these." She sad, handing Narcissa the drank she hadn't drunk from and handed Draco the one she sipped from.

"But you drank from this one." Draco said, pouting.

"Yes, and?" Sophie questioned, raising an eyebrow at him.

"I don't want your cooties!" He protested. Narcissa laughed and walked away, shaking her head at her sons childish behavior. "I'm just kidding. I want your cooties and not just from drinking after you." He then says low in Sophie's ear, bending down to press a kiss to the side of her neck. Sophie gasped as desire shot through her body. She brought her hand up, gripping at at his arm that slid around her waist, pulling her into him. She looked up into his eyes, seeing the grey-blue was clouded over with desire.

"Draco." She whispered before tilting her face up to meet his, uncaring of the dancing guests around them. Draco's warm breath swept into her mouth, consuming her. Her mind went fuzzy and she couldn't think straight. All she thought about was this man and how much she wanted him and loved him. She wanted to show him that, now. "Is the reception almost over?" She questioned, pulling away with a smack.

"We can leave at any time, baby. It is our party after all." He told her, grinning, thinking exactly the same as she was.

"Then let's go." She stated before her lips were back on his. A slow song swept around them and more people danced, twirling around them but neither cared as they were so wrapped up in one another. They jumped apart when someone cleared their throat beside them. They turned to see that it was Narcissa, who was smiling.

"I'm guessing the two of you wan to go soon." Narcissa stated. Sophie felt her cheeks heat up in embarrassment. "Before I do, I have a surprise for the two of you. A wedding gift, if you will."

"Narcissa, you didn't have to get us anything. This amazing wedding was gift enough." Sophie told her, Draco nodding in agreement but Narcissa shook her head, dismissing her words.

"I figure that the two of you would like some privacy, some time to be together alone before school starts back up again. I have arranged a house for the two of you. It's nothing grand, but it will do for a... honeymoon as muggles call them." She opens her hand to reveal a set of keys in the palm of her hand, making the two teens gasp.

"A house, honestly, mother?" Draco questioned. Narcissa laughed and pushed the keys in Draco's hand.

"There is a car out front waiting. I have already packed your things and had them loaded up. The driver will take you there." Narcissa explains.

"Wow, thank you so much, mother." Draco says, at a loss for words.

"I will send you an owl when your school lists arrive and we can arrange to meet in Diagon Alley to take care of it." The two nod. "Sophie, I have set a dress aside in my room for you to change into for the journey to the house, if you would like to change."

"Yes, that would be lovely." Sophie says gratefully. She turns to Draco, smiling. "I'll meet you at the car." He nods and gives her a gentle kiss before following Narcissa out of the ballroom, hugging new family members as she went. "I cannot thank you enough for this, Narcissa." She says once the two are out of the room. It was then that Sophie realized she hadn't spoken to the Dark Lord once during the entire reception, and for that she was grateful. She had seen him but he had made no move to speak to the teens.

"I just wanted it to be perfect for the two of you. Things are changing, Sophie, the two of you deserve this time of happiness while you still can." Sophie tried to not dwell on the darkness looming in Narcissa's words and simply nodded. Sophie really did not want whatever was coming to happen. She wanted to stay in this happy and joyful moment forever. They arrived at Narcissa's bedroom and Sophie changed into a cute short black dress, exchanging her white heels for cute black strappy heels.

The two then walked from the room and to the front door in silence. When they got outside Draco stood beside the car, smiling. He hadn't changed from his tuxedo but he had loosened his tie so it hung loosely around his neck in a relaxed fashion.

"I hope the two of you have a wonderful time. Write me if needed." Narcissa hugs the two of them quickly and stands on the steps as they then get into the back of the car. It pulled away soon after. Once they were out of the driveway and the driver was jumping around the street, dodging muggle cars, they turned towards each other.

"We're married." Draco states, making Sophie giggle and nod, scooting closer to him. She buries her face in his neck, nuzzling his neck with her nose.

"Forever." She adds as she tosses her legs over his. He smiles and runs his hand up and down her smooth legs, making her shiver at his touch.

"And we get to spend the rest of the summer holed up together alone in a place of our own, no one there to bother us." Sophie lifts her head to smile at him, nodding.

"Any plans on what we can do to pass the time?" She asks, her voice low. He grins and nods before pressing his lips to hers gently.

"I have some ideas." He whispers, his voice full of such promise, making her shiver once more. She slides her hand up his chest, across his neck and to the back of his head, her fingers tangling in his hair as she pulled his lips more firmly to hers.

"I like these ideas." She says, pulling away a little.

"Oh, Mrs. Malfoy, me too." He growls seductively making her giggle.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been semi drama free recently. Don't worry, that's gonna change soon. (:
Wedding.
Sophie's leaving dress

I can't decide if I should include the actual act of them... having sex.. or just make hints towards it. What do you guys want? I have no problem writing it, I'm just not sure it fits for this story as much as it would for others. But if you guys want to read some true Sophie/Draco action, let me know. ;)