Status: active

What Lies Within

Talking It Out

The couple were completely silent for the rest of the drive back to their house. Sophie sat with her arms crossed and Draco sat staring out the window, thinking about the inevitable fight he and Sophie would surely be in once they got home.

When they did get home, Sophie went inside and up to their bedroom. Draco contemplated not following but knew they needed to talk, he needed to tell her, so he followed.

"Sophie.." He started. She sat down in the chair in the corner and stared at him.

"So? Why were you in there?" She questioned her husband who sighed and went to sit on the end of the bed.

"I went in Borgin and Burke's to talk to Borgin about the other vanishing cabinet there that the Death Eaters are supposed to travel between to get to Hogwarts when I kill Dumbledore." Draco confesses. Sophie cringes at the mention of her husband murdering someone. "Which.. I came up with a possible way for that to happen and I went to talk to Borgin about it today."

"Borgin knows that you have to kill Dumbledore?" Sophie questions, her eyes wide. Draco smiles a little and shakes his head.

"No. I just told him I wanted a certain object, a cursed necklace. That way I won't physically have a hand in his death, it would look like an accident." He explains, making her nod.

"I like that better than you doing the Avada Kadavra curse on him or something." Draco nods.

"I've also thought about getting him poisoned mead somehow." He continues. Sophie gets up from the chair and goes over to the bed, sitting down beside him.

"Why couldn't you just tell me that you needed to go in there to talk to Borgin? I would have understood." She says, looking down at her hands in her lap.

"I didn't want you going with me, and I knew you would if you knew where I was going. I don't want you involved in this in anyway, Sophie." Draco responds, causing Sophie to roll her eyes at him.

"You do remember that Voldemort ordered me to assist you, right?" Draco sighs and shakes his head.

"I don't care, I don't want you to assist me. I want you no where near any of this." He reaches over to take her hand in his. He brings it up to his lips, giving it a soft kiss. "I love you, Sophie, and it's my job as your husband to keep you safe. I will do that by keeping you out of this."

"Well it's my job as your wife to assist you in everything so I don't care what you say, but I will be beside you every second of this next year. And let's face it, you will need help fixing the vanishing cabinet." Sophie tells him, giving him a soft smile.

"Sophie-" He starts but she cuts him off.

"No, Draco. You aren't doing this alone, I promise you." She insists, making him sigh.

"You know this will probably be our last year at Hogwarts." He says. She nods, biting her lip.

"I'm sure you are happy about that. You hate that place." He shrugs, sighing.

"It's not my favorite place to be anymore but then... my favorite place to be is right here in bed with you." He says, leaning over to press a soft kiss to the corner of her mouth.

"I'll miss Hogwarts... It's one of the only places I actually feel at home." Sophie says. Draco gives her a soft smile, unsure of what to say. "I'm going to go do some laundry so we aren't rushing to get it done and packed before we leave next week." She stands up and leaves the room. Draco sighs and falls back on his back, staring at the ceiling.

Why was this happening to him and Sophie? All they wanted was to be happy together and be in a normal relationship but instead here they were. Sixteen years old, married, and planning the death of their school Headmaster for The Dark Lord.

Over the next week, things were still off with the couple, both of them nervous and anxious about the coming start of term. What would it bring? Would everyone know that Draco was now a Death Eater? Would Dumbledore somehow know that he was planning to kill him? What would everyone say about the couple being married, if they found out?

"Should we tell anyone? Like Pansy or Blaise or even Crabbe and Goyle?" Sophie asks the night before they are supposed to leave as they sit eating dinner. Draco had to admit, that while Hogwarts food was amazing, Sophie's food was brilliant and he would miss this. He would especially miss this quiet time where it was just him and Sophie. "The trio already know, so I'm sure they'll be telling all of their other Gryffindor friends."

"We can tell Pansy and Blaise if you want, Crabbe and Goyle wouldn't really care or they probably already know, seeing as their parents were there when I got branded and the wedding." Draco says, swallowing a mouth full of delicious potatoes.

"Yeah. I'm afraid Pansy may come at me with a knife when she finds out." Sophie jokes, making Draco laugh and shake his head.

"I don't think she will." Sophie gives a sarcastic laugh.

"Draco, the girls been in love with you since first year. Before she could at least attempt to break us up but now we are tied together forever, it's official. No one in our world gets divorced, it's forever. She'll see finally that there is no getting you back, and she may try to kill me." Draco simply laughs shaking his head.

"I like you talking about us being together forever." He says, making her smile. She leans over, pressing a soft kiss to his lips.

"Finish up eating, once you are done I want you to make sure you have everything packed." Sophie ordered.

"Yes, dear." Draco responds, smiling. They finish their meal in silence. Once finished, Sophie goes about cleaning up the kitchen while Draco goes to do as he was told, packing up the last of his robes and books. He didn't know why any of this even mattered, it's not like he would be focusing on his studies this year. He had more important matters at hand. Like protecting his wife from becoming a Death Eater. That was the last thing he wanted to ever happen.

"You finished yet?" Draco turns towards his wife who wandered into the bedroom.

"Almost." He responds, stuffing a few more books into his trunk.

"Nervous?" She asks as she sits down on the bed, crossing her legs underneath her.

"About going back to school?" She nods. "I guess... I'm just more nervous that I won't complete it and you'll have to pay the price for it." He responds as he finishes with his packing. He closes and locks his trunk before putting it down by the door next to Sophie's already packed trunk. He goes to stand at the edge of the bed while she gives him a soft smile. She gets up on her knees and crawls to where he his, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Don't worry about me, Dray. I can take care of myself. I want you to focus on the task at hand, alright? I won't leave your side, and besides..." She reaches one hand down to take his wrist, pushing back his sleeve to reveal the black bracelet she had given him at the beginning of the holiday. The jewel still glowed warm and red, signaling that Sophie was safe and fine. "You'll know I'm okay."

"You know... when we make love, it burns even hotter." He tells her, making her grin.

"It's because in that moment, I'm more than okay." He can't control his smile as he wraps his arms around her waist. "And right now... I really want you to make me more than okay." She whispers before her lips are on his. She tugs his shirt so they both topple back onto the bad, him on top of her.

"With pleasure, my lady." He mumbles and does just that.
♠ ♠ ♠
So it hasn't been as long between updates this time! Yaaaay! I'm hoping to get back to regular updates again but I start my summer quarter for college in a few weeks so I'm hoping I don't get too overwhelmed and am still able to stay on top of my stories. I have so many plans for this story, its not even close to being over yet.

I meant to post this yesterday since it was Draco Malfoy's birthday but... I didn't get a chance to write until later at night and I was so tired I ended up passing out before I could finish it, but here it is! I hope you enjoy. Things start happening again next chapter!