Status: active

What Lies Within

Prefect Duties and The Slug Club

The next morning went pretty easily for the couple, since Sophie had made sure they were all packed up and ready to go the night before. They easily made it to King's Cross Station with plenty of time to spare and found their friends.

"Did you guys have a good summer?" Pansy questions, giving them her extremely fake smile. Sophie just smiles at her and nods.

"Probably the best summer I've ever had." She answers sweetly, looking up at Draco who smiles back, leaning down to give her a soft kiss. Pansy cringes but quickly hides it with a smile.

"What did you guys do?" She questions, her fake smile back in place. Draco looks down at Sophie who gives a small shrug.

"We got married." He says, just as the train's horn goes off. "Let's get on the train, shall we?" He says, grinning at Pansy's shocked face. Sophie gives a small laugh and follows Draco onto the train.

"We have to go meet the other prefects and then do our prefect duties, remember?" Sophie says as they wander down the hallway, looking for an empty compartment.

"I'm not really feeling like doing my prefect duties so you can go ahead, I'll keep the compartment safe." He says as they enter an empty one, putting their trunks in the rack.

"Dray, you have to do your duties." Sophie says but Draco just shrugs. Just then in walks a very upset looking Pansy, followed by Blaise, and Crabbe and Goyle.

"So I hear you guys got hitched?" Blaise says after they all put their things away. Draco sits down, trying to pull Sophie down beside him but she pulls away.

"Yes, we did. I'm going to go do my prefect duties, I'll be back." She leans down and presses a soft kiss to Draco's lips before she leaves the compartment just as the train starts to move.

"So... why did you guys get married?" Blaise questions Draco.

"Why does anyone get married? They love each other and want to spend forever with one another. That is why Sophie and I got married. We also live together now. My mother got us our own house." Draco says, deciding to not talk about how The Dark Lord had forced them to get married.

"You are only sixteen though." Pansy spits, her arms crossed tightly over her chest. "You also haven't even been together for a year." Draco just smiles and shrugs.

"When you know you've found the one, you know. None of that matters." He says. Meanwhile, Sophie goes about doing her prefect duties, making sure everyone is behaving and where they should be. She also runs into Hermione and Ron while heading back to the compartment after she was finished.

"Oh, hi." She says quietly, looking down at the ground.

"Hey, Sophie." Hermione says, giving her a soft smile. "How was the rest of your holiday?"

"It was good. How about you?" Sophie questions, making them shrug.

"It was fine, Harry's been in a bad mood though. He keeps trying to figure out why Draco was in Borgin and Burkes." Ron tells her, making her sigh.

"Just tell him it was nothing bad, I promise." They nod.

"Where is Draco right now? Shouldn't he be doing prefect duties as well?" Hermione questions making Sophie sigh.

"He just didn't feel like it. He's not feeling well." Sophie lied, shrugging. "I should go find him, actually. I'll see you guys around." She gives them a soft smile before turning and heading in the direction of the compartment, finding it easily.

"Hello." Draco greets, opening his arms for her. She smiles and curls up next to him, resting in his arms easily. "How was prefect duties?"

"Fine, would have been better if you'd helped me though." She jokes, smacking his chest, he just grins at her. Just then the compartment door opens and a third year girl walks in.

"This is for Sophie Hill and Blaise Zabini." She says, handing a scroll to the named people before she leaves, shutting the door after her. Sophie frowns and shrugs, opening the scroll to read what it says.

Sophie,
I would be delighted if you would join me for a bite of lunch in compartment C.
Sincerely,
Professor H.E.F. Slughorn


"Who is Professor Slughorn?" Draco questions, reading the invitation over Sophie's shoulder. Sophie shrugs.

"I have no idea. I guess I should go though." She says, looking at Blaise. "Is yours a lunch invitation too?"

"Yeah, I have no idea why I got one though. I don't even know this guy and I'm not a prefect or anything."

"Maybe it was meant for me. I'm a prefect." Draco says but Blaise shakes his head.

"It says my name." He stands. "Oh well, free lunch. Shall we go, Sophie?" Sophie nods and stands as well.

"We won't be gone long." She leans down and presses a kiss to the corner of his cheek before her and Blaise leave the small compartment.

"He didn't seem to happy about not being invited." Blaise says as they head towards the correct compartment. Sophie simply shrugs, there was nothing she could do about it, she had no control over who was invited and who wasn't. She didn't even know why she was invited.

When they got to compartment C they entered it to find Ginny Weasley, Cormac Mclaggen and Marcus Belby.

"Ahh, Miss Hill, Mr Zabini! Welcome, welcome!" A very short and chubby man says from the corner, he stands up and gives them each a handshake before directing them to sit down. "I'm Professor Slughorn, very nice to meet the two of you!" Just then the door opens and in walks Harry Potter and Neville Longbottom. Harry meets Sophie's eye but turns away quickly.

After introducing everyone to Harry and Neville, Slughorn then goes around explaining why each person was invited. It turns out that each one of them have some kind of relative that he knows or knows of.

"I had your father, Sophie. He was a marvelous student, one of my brightest." He says, making Sophie give a soft smile. "How is he? I haven't heard from him in years."

"He passed away last year." Sophie mutters, looking down at the floor.

"Oh, how dreadful! I am sorry, he was a great man." Slughorn says. Sophie looks up at him, giving him a soft smile. The rest of the afternoon goes slowly and very boringly for Sophie. Her and Blaise just sit there, wanting it to be over so they could go back to the compartment. Finally, he let's them leave.

"That was dreadful. The Slug Club, who wants to be part of that?" Blaise says as they walk in the direction of their compartment.

"Yeah, that was pretty awful. Draco will be happy, he didn't miss much." Sophie comments, making Blaise nod. Soon, they get to the compartment and find that Draco was laying lounged across two seats, his head resting on Pansy's leg, her fingers playing with his hair. Sophie stops in her tracks. "What is going on?" She questions. Draco quickly sits up.

"What? We were just sitting." He insists but Sophie rolls her eyes.

"I'm going to go see the trio." She turns to open the door but before she can get there it slams open for some unknown reason. She just shakes her head and storms out, going to find where the trio was. It didn't matter that Harry was probably mad at her still, she just didn't want to be around Draco and Pansy. She quickly finds Neville, Ron, Hermione, and Luna but no Harry. "Hey.. mind if I join you?" She asks, stepping into the compartment.

"Of course." Hermione says, patting the seat beside her. Sophie smiles and goes to sit beside her. "We hear you were part of the Slug Club as well."

"Yeah, what a marvelous time that was." Sophie responds, shaking her head. "Where's Harry?" Sophie asks but everyone shrugs.

"He ran off to do something." Neville says. Sophie just nods. "What are you doing in here anyway? You said you were going back to see Draco."

"Yeah... but him and Pansy seemed preoccupied so I decided to give them some space." Sophie tells them. They all frown at her so she explains how they had been sitting, or in Draco's case, laying."

"That's wrong, a married man shouldn't be sitting with another girl like that." Hermione says. Neville's eyes widen.

"Married? You two are married?!" He asks, making Sophie shrug. She figured that Harry or one of the others would have told him by now.

"Yeah.. we are. It's a complicated situation." Sophie really wanted to tell them the truth but she didn't really want Harry to know. It would give him even more things to hate Draco for, since it would reveal that he is in league with The Dark Lord. "It was an arranged marriage. We really had no choice." She figured she could tell them that and just make it seem like it was her parents doing, rather than Voldemort's.

"Arranged marriages are so old fashioned though!" Ron exclaims. Sophie sighs and nods, looking down at the diamond ring on her finger.

"Our families are old fashioned. Like I said, we had no choice in the matter." They all nod, giving her sympathetic eyes. They then decided it was time to change into their robes. "I should go get my things. I'll be back." Sophie says, making them nod. She ventures across the train and back to the compartment Draco was in, finding that they had just finished changing.

"Joining us again, Sophie?" Pansy asks, smirking at her. Sophie just gives her a sweet smile and shakes her head.

"Just came to get my stuff." She completely ignores Draco as she gets her trunk down from the rack. "See you at dinner." With that she turns and leaves, ignoring Draco calling her name. She goes back to the compartment where the others are and get changed into her robes. Soon, the train comes to a stop and they all gather their things, Neville and Ron getting Harry's stuff as he still hadn't returned.

"Are you going to wait for Draco?" Hermione asks but Sophie shrugs and leads the way to the carriages. She knew that since it was the first night, and with the sorting tonight, she had no choice but to sit with the Slytherins, otherwise she'd be sitting with the Gryffindors to distance herself from Draco from just a little bit longer.

Instead though, once the carriage pulled up to the school, Sophie said her good bye to Hermione, Ron and Neville, and headed to the Slytherin table, finding Pansy and the others but no Draco.

"Where's Draco?" Sophie asks, sitting across from Pansy.

"He said he had to do something and stayed behind." Blaise answers for her. Sophie nods and turns to look at the door as more people enter the Great Hall. Finally, when it seems everyone is in, Draco finally enters, looking smug.

"Are you not mad at me anymore?" He asks, sitting beside his wife.

"Where were you?" Sophie asks, ignoring his question. He just smirks.

"Had to make sure I had something in my trunk before I got here." He answers. Sophie narrows her eyes at him, knowing that he was lying. He just gives her a soft smile and leans over to kiss her. "The feast needs to start soon, I'm starving." Sophie decided to stay silent and not question him anymore. Just as everyone took their seat, in enters Harry, his face covered in blood.

"What did you do?" Sophie questions Draco, knowing he had something to do with this. Draco shrugged, looking guilty.

"He deserved it." Sophie rolled her eyes and stood up.

"I'm eating with the Gryffindor's." With that she stomped off and went to the other table, sitting beside Harry.

"I am so sorry about Draco, Harry. He's being a very big jerk today." Sophie says, wiping at the blood on Harry's face with a napkin.

"Malfoy a jerk? Never." He says sarcastically but smiles none the less. "We still mad at each other?"

"I'm not, if you aren't." Sophie says, smiling as well.

"Nah, we've been friends too long." He answers, making her grin. She had Harry back. She wasn't sure if that was good or bad. Most likely bad seeing as this is exactly what Voldemort wanted.